So I received these pictures today from a credible source who claims that BlackBerry 10 will have a new 'screen sharing' feature, with the ability to share what's on your screen during messaging or video calls, much like the desktop version of Skype can. Needless to say this would be an incredibly useful feature in a number of different situations, and truly shows off the power of BlackBerry 10 and the QNX platform. Can't wait to see what else is coming.

Furthermore, the source also said that the 10" PlayBook has been scrapped, and the 7" form factor is what RIM will be sticking with from here on out. They did however say that there might be another 10" device on the way, but they didn't go into details about what it was. It didn't sound like they were talking about a tablet, but I don't really understand what else it would be. I'll let you know if I hear anything different.

They also said the 4G PlayBooks are on schedule to be released next month, and will come pre-packaged with BBM on them. So I assume this will coincide with an update to the wifi PlayBooks to support BBM as well. It's likely that BBM will be a Cascades experience, as there was a presentation at BlackBerry 10 Jam about building BBM with Cascades.

Last but not least, they claimed that the first BB10 phone will in fact be the BlackBerry Colt 2, which is the phone with the metal edges and sharp corners. I'm really excited about this if it turns out to be true because to me that phone is incredibly gorgeous. A device with a physical keyboard was also said to be in development.

Enjoy the weekend!
    05-05-12 01:00 AM
    Wait, nobody else noticed... Native Twitter!
    05-05-12 12:25 PM
    Blackberry 10 is getting more and more awesome please us more info
    05-05-12 12:34 PM

This one?
    kemj and jordandrews90 like this.
    05-05-12 12:37 PM
    Yep, the London aka Colt2 to some folk
    Berry_Pink, spike12 and pedalshoe like this.
    05-05-12 01:29 PM
    There are also BB10 apps that got shown off that allowed for collaborative screens. you can have say a Book that the left page is on 1 device while the right page is on another device . or a racing game that each device is a different part of the course, and you use other devices as the input tools.

you can use Cisco's WebEX on BlackBerry's which give you screen sharing so it only makes sense
    James Nieves likes this.
    05-05-12 01:42 PM
    I don't think that picture from spike12 is the colt2

That was the first phone we saw. The second 'leaked picture' was the black phone

I prefer the concept of the phone looking like a mini playbook. It unifies the products, e.g. Collaborative screens as mentioned above
    Last edited by anthogag; 05-05-12 at 03:00 PM.
    05-05-12 02:57 PM
    So BB can finally take screen shots? Only took it how many years. lol
    kellie-dude likes this.
    05-05-12 03:04 PM
    It's not about taking screenshots...it's actually allowing others to see what's on your screen, much like Desktop Sharing through skype, MS Lync, etc. It'll be a cool feature for enterprise users if they can get it to work...
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    05-05-12 04:04 PM

That was the first phone we saw. The second 'leaked picture' was the black phone

I prefer the concept of the phone looking like a mini playbook. It unifies the products, e.g. Collaborative screens as mentioned above
    Can you find a picture? I am curious to what it looks like.
    05-05-12 04:40 PM
    There are also BB10 apps that got shown off that allowed for collaborative screens. you can have say a Book that the left page is on 1 device while the right page is on another device . or a racing game that each device is a different part of the course, and you use other devices as the input tools.

you can use Cisco's WebEX on BlackBerry's which give you screen sharing so it only makes sense
    Everysingle day after the dev alpha release Im getting to hear something never heard of for a mobile platform; camera app, multitasking, prospect word suggestions while typing, and many more... And now this *collaborative screens*!
    can't figure out why someone would read an ebook with two devices but the race course idea is bang on!
    Rim is determined to rip apart the competition and the industry itself.
    sf49ers likes this.
    05-05-12 05:09 PM
    And ur device probably still can't upload that taken screenshot.
    05-05-12 05:13 PM
    And ur device probably still can't upload that taken screenshot.
    both my iphone and android can upload the screen shot. We aren't talking about bb here=)
    05-05-12 05:16 PM
    Everysingle day after the dev alpha release Im getting to hear something never heard of for a mobile platform; camera app, multitasking, prospect word suggestions while typing, and many more...
    Maybe you've never heard of them, but none of these are new to mobile platforms LOL.
    05-05-12 05:24 PM
    both my iphone and android can upload the screen shot. We aren't talking about bb here=)
    Good, then Steve jobs have left you a special limited edition iphone.
    05-05-12 05:27 PM

Actually, the consensus seems to be that the developer alphas are actually the original Colt phones, which were supposed to be released last fall with the "BBX" OS. This actually does predate the prototype in Spike12's picture.

What Spike12's shot is, is the "London" prototype, which to my eyes shows a lot of influence from Porsche Design, and may well have come on the heals of the P'9981. I don't know if RIM is still planning to use this design, but personally I think it's distinctive and appealing, and I hope it's still in the cards.
    spike12 and xiaohuaxing like this.
    05-05-12 05:31 PM
    This is a picture of the second phone that was 'leaked', London...

The mini playbook the devs have was never shown on Crackberry.

I prefer the mini playbook phone.
    05-05-12 05:44 PM
    colt 2 or london.. i hope it gets released anyway lol id be first in line for it, its beautiful, sophisticated and also serious
    05-05-12 05:53 PM

I am with you and prefer the mini play book. The London is ugly IMO
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    05-05-12 06:13 PM
    I am with you and prefer the mini play book. The London is ugly IMO
    I would like to see RIM release the BlackBerry "Blade" as the first all touch BB10 smartphone. That concept phone is definitely an attention grabber.
    Premium1, tindoeshek and Tank1978 like this.
    05-05-12 06:27 PM
    I would like to see RIM release the BlackBerry "Blade" as the first all touch BB10 smartphone. That concept phone is definitely an attention grabber.
    You're likely to see a removable battery before you'll see a slider.

Sliders are a PITA if you're trying to keep size and weight to an absolute minimum, and making a reliable mechanism is also a pain.
    05-05-12 07:46 PM
    I prefer the design with the sharp edges and greyish accents. The mini playbook design looks a lot like all the actual phones out there...
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    05-05-12 08:00 PM
    Yeah it's the first one with the metal accents.

A couple more pictures:

BB10 will be able to handle network error codes much more effectively

As well as be able to use the accelerometer etc to be able to view information from a flat position. I.e. tilting the device at different angles if you've received a message will be able to view different amounts of info. They're calling this feature 'cinnamon toast'.
    05-06-12 12:37 AM

This phone is SWEET!! this is what I want BB10 to be released on! sorry for anyone who likes the silver phone, but it really is not nicer than this!! this one is so slim, so sleek looking! and it was said in this thread that they must keep their products in-line with one another! this phone IS SICK!
    05-06-12 12:59 AM
    Also the picture that Biggulpseh put on this page here shows the BB10 phone looking very similar to the mini playbook style phone...I really think they are going with a mini playbook, but the dev alpha ones are identical thickness to the playbook...i think the actual phone will be MUCH thinner...going to be SICK

Also that notification screen is awesome! reminds me of demos i have seen TAT use...how they show contacts and when they tilt the screen it will show more information about the contact! I love how they are incorporating so many TAT elements!
    05-06-12 01:03 AM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD