I loved using mobihand on my old 8900 so much I pretty much relied on it for my apps and I will miss it very much

RIP Mobihand

Does anyone know of any alternatives?

Sent from my CrackBerry 9300 using the CrackBerry Forums App!
    09-20-12 03:48 PM
    BlackBerry App World

BlackBerry App World
    anon(3896606) and Hgouck like this.
    09-20-12 03:49 PM
    BlackBerry App World

BlackBerry App World

Obviously...

09-20-12 03:53 PM
    09-20-12 04:00 PM

Oh... thats terrible!

09-20-12 04:11 PM
    I personaly liked it when we had control over our paid for apps. Bplay is still around, Handmark, Handango, Gameloft, but not very much.
    Last edited by diffused; 09-21-12 at 10:16 AM.
    09-20-12 07:47 PM
    I personaly liked it when we had control over our paid for apps. Blay is still around, Handmark, Handango, Gameloft, but not very much.

plus getjar is still around

09-21-12 10:13 AM
    I recently ran into MobileSoftMarket. I don't have an account so have never made any purchases. It does have BB software though.
    09-21-12 10:20 AM
    The problem with App World, from an UK point of view, is the cost of apps! If an App is $3, then in the UK we get charged �3, which equates to $4.80
    I recently purchased FileScout from App World cost �5, which converts to $8.11. Rather unfair I would say!!!!
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 09-21-12 at 11:18 AM.
    yorkshireman2 likes this.
    09-21-12 11:13 AM
    The problem with App World, from an UK point of view, is the cost of apps! If an App is $3, then in the UK we get charged �3, which equates to $4.80
    I recently purchased FileScout from App World cost �5, which converts to $8.11. Rather unfair I would say!!!!

I also bought a theme from app world, it said on the website it was featured on and it was featured as 99 cents and on app world it was 99p and $1 is 61p at the moment so we're being ripped off in the uk!!!
    That pisses me off so much as Mobihand never ripped me off!! GRRR!!

09-22-12 12:27 PM
    I also bought a theme from app world, it said on the website it was 99 cents and on app world it was 99p and $1 is 61p at the moment so we're being ripped off in the uk!!!
    That pisses me off so much as Mobihand never ripped me off!! GRRR!!

No, because they didn't pay the developers. Mobihand are criminals at this point.
    09-22-12 12:28 PM
    No, because they didn't pay the developers. Mobihand are criminals at this point.

Maybe so but that still doesnt mean app world should be allowed to charge UK users more than the US/CA!

yorkshireman2 likes this.
    09-22-12 12:32 PM
    Maybe so but that still doesnt mean app world should be allowed to charge UK users more than the US/CA!

Agreed. Just don't use it as a reason to paint mobihand in a good light.
    09-22-12 12:34 PM
    Agreed. Just don't use it as a reason to paint mobihand in a good light.

Agreed so in that case Mobihand are thieves for not paying developers and App World are thieves for overcharging UK users.
    They are both bang out of order.

09-22-12 12:49 PM
    We should be making a much bigger stink about this.

OP are right that just because App World are ripping off UK users doesn't mean Mobihand were good guys - not at all. It just means that whilst Mobihand ripped off developers RIM are blatantly RIPPING OFF every one who has a Blackberry in the UK.

We should get a petition together. Maybe then RIM would listen. Or maybe let the newspapers know as everyone seems to love knocking RIM at the moment.

I just don't understand why RIM are opening themselves up to be publicly crucified in one of their major market places as this kind of practice just isn't done by any of the major players (Apple, Google, Amazon) these days.
    09-22-12 12:53 PM
    We should be making a much bigger stink about this.

OP are right that just because App World are ripping off UK users doesn't mean Mobihand were good guys - not at all. It just means that whilst Mobihand ripped off developers RIM are blatantly RIPPING OFF every one who has a Blackberry in the UK.

We should get a petition together. Maybe then RIM would listen. Or maybe let the newspapers know as everyone seems to love knocking RIM at the moment.

I just don't understand why RIM are opening themselves up to be publicly crucified in one of their major market places as this kind of practice just isn't done by any of the major players (Apple, Google, Amazon) these days.
    So we're all agreed
    If RIM want even a chance for BlackBerry 10 to succeed and compete with Google, Amazon and Apple they need to stop getting themselves crucified by the public and STOP RIPPING UK USERS OFF!!!!!

Maybe we should rely solely on OTA links because at least then RIM will realise no ones using app world and their losing money.
    Are they really in that bad a situation that they need to rip UK users off?

Last edited by Nyan_Cat100; 09-22-12 at 03:08 PM.
    09-22-12 03:03 PM
    Following the changed direction of this thread - totally agree that UK pricing is manifestly wrong and unfair. perhaps a thread devoted to that for people to comment directly to express their agreement and displeasure is in order?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-22-12 03:05 PM
    Following the changed direction of this thread - totally agree that UK pricing is manifestly wrong and unfair. perhaps a thread devoted to that for people to comment directly to express their agreement and displeasure is in order?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Posted one in this forum

09-22-12 03:13 PM
    RIP for a tool used by crooks to steal money from developers? YIKES!
    adeveloper likes this.
    09-22-12 03:16 PM
    RIP for a tool used by crooks to steal money from developers? YIKES!

No from users
    Mobihand is stealing from developers by not paying them

Last edited by Nyan_Cat100; 09-22-12 at 03:52 PM.
    adeveloper likes this.
    09-22-12 03:18 PM
    Mobihand went bankrupt, it was a process. They did not always fail to pay developers. In the beginning when they were solvent they were quite good, then as they started to bleed money they began to be slow to pay developers and then it got to the point where they could no longer pay developers at which point they shut down. Not crooks just a company who got put out of business by inhouse stores like App World and Google Play.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-22-12 03:58 PM
    Anyway, a small german reseller pdassi.de is still in business, though the sales are small, they DO pay regularly to developers.

If you remember, clickgamer.com/clickapps.com were closed in 2010, however they gave developers _a year_ to request all outstanding balances and the dev accounts still exist, with all stats'reports etc.

Shutting down everything in a hurry, purging all statistics and accounts is even against the agreement which required a 30-day notice.
    09-30-12 09:43 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why would a developer choose to sell exclusively via Mobihand or a third party seller? Is cut of the money the only reason?
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-30-12 09:55 PM
    Ha I'm in the US suckers!!

Just kidding
    09-30-12 10:21 PM
    then as they started to bleed money they began to be slow to pay developers and then it got to the point where they could no longer pay developers at which point they shut down.
    No, they stopped paying a year ago. Then there were lawsuits, then Mobihand defaulted even on court settlement.
    They shut down in a hurry in order to dismiss lawsuits against them.

Shame on those who tries to justify not paying tens of thousands dollars to a small developer.

No, nobody was using MobiHand exclusively. Other stores, even alternative third-party small app stores are able to pay regularly.

I am shocked at how crackberry folks are defending MobiHand. There are a number of small stores and other resellers who DO pay regularly and on time. So no reason mentioning Google/RIM/Apple in this case. Handmark, pdassi have already been mentioned in this thread.
    Last edited by adeveloper; 09-30-12 at 11:51 PM.
    09-30-12 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD