View Poll Results: Which font do you prefer for forum posts?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • The old one (that's live now... the ways it's been forever)

35 59.32%
  • The newer one... that we put live after the upgrade

24 40.68%
    Hey All, If you haven't read this post yet... read it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...nd-2-a-749181/

Take note. When we upgraded the forums last week we changed up the post font to be the same as what we're using on Android Central. And actually, it's the font that you'll currently see when typing in the reply box here. We had some complaints that it was harder to read than the old font, so we just changed it back up to what we had before to see how it compares (that's the same font we use on the blogs in the comments section).

So what do you prefer? The old font.. which is live now in posts... or the new font.. which is in the editor here (or what you'd see if you jump over to the forums at Android Central)? Vote!
    10-10-12 02:41 PM
    I made a mistake. I want the old font and accidentally voted for the new.
    10-10-12 03:38 PM
    New one for sure.

It's good to change up the same old stuff imo
    esk369 likes this.
    10-10-12 03:44 PM
    I personally like the new version it could use a few tweaks my biggest want is a slightly darker background would make it a lot easier on the eyes other then that I'm good.
    I see a lot of comments about it being to much like android central.......... so what.
    Great job team crackberry.
    10-10-12 04:44 PM
    I was fine with the newer one but just needed it a couple of points bigger for post content to read on playbook in full forum mode
    10-10-12 04:58 PM
    I prefer the old one.

And as an anecdote, I could barely identify where the Poll was in this thread.
    10-10-12 05:37 PM
    The new font was better imo. This font seems smaller and harder to read for me now.
    10-10-12 05:46 PM
    The one I'm seeing now sucks. Times New Roman is great for printed material, but it looks horrible when it is viewed on a monitor. Please use Arial (or at least something sans-serif). No Times New Roman or any other serif font.
    sleepngbear and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-10-12 06:47 PM
    Can we get some sort of side by side comparison? I don't really remember what the old font looked like.
    10-10-12 06:56 PM
    Can we get some sort of side by side comparison? I don't really remember what the old font looked like.
    Here you go. The Android Central font is what we used to have here.

Android Central is very readable on a PC monitor.
    10-10-12 07:19 PM
    The one I'm seeing now sucks. Times New Roman is great for printed material, but it looks horrible when it is viewed on a monitor. Please use Arial (or at least something sans-serif). No Times New Roman or any other serif font.
    What she said. I don't recall seeing this Times-like font on the old theme, but if it was, it sure looked a lot better on whatever background it was on. This is very difficult to read now, to the point that my eyes actually hurt. Seriously. Anything sans serif or Arial-ish will be much easier on the eyes. It wasn't the new font that made for rough viewing, it's the overwhelming blinding white everywhere that's just made worse by the current font.

But I will say it again -- the new tweaks to the old mobile theme, if that's what they are, are GREAT.
    10-10-12 07:20 PM
    So neither of the fonts were times news roman, why is it now????
    10-10-12 07:28 PM
    Old font please (Georgia or whatever it is). The serifs make it easier to read. The spacing is also more consistent on the old one.
    10-10-12 07:33 PM
    I see mixed feedback here. Maybe the key is this font, but a size bigger? It does seem kind of small now....

I have a feeling in an ideal world you give the user the option to set their own font choice!
    sleepngbear likes this.
    10-10-12 09:17 PM
    Maybe making it a size bigger would help.

(Edit:I withdraw my statement; something sans-serif is definitely needed.)

It'd be really cool if you used the BlackBerry Love Semi Bold font
    10-10-12 09:27 PM
    Don't really mind either one but it is way too small.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    10-10-12 09:58 PM
    Yeah, we're going to bump it up a font size asap. Unless my eyes are wrong, I think it was bigger before. Though we thought we put it in at the same size... stay tuned.
    10-10-12 10:03 PM
    Maybe we need to invent a new font.. just for the CrackBerry forums.
    10-10-12 10:03 PM
    Ok, we pushed it up one size. More readable for sure. Big but not TOO big.

Man.. fonts are hard to get perfect. I think the other one (that's on AC right now) looks a bit more modern, but maybe a bit harder to read. This one is a bit more old school, but is kind of stately... which I like. Makes it seem powerful.
    10-10-12 10:06 PM
    Go with Comic Sans...everyone loves Comic Sans.
    10-10-12 10:08 PM
    Silly question but is there a BB specific font made by RIM? Or even better a QNX specific one?
    10-10-12 10:26 PM
    Oh lord, the new Android Central one times a kajillion. Times New Roman blows goats.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-12 10:49 PM
    If you keep that serif font, I'm done with this site for good.

I am not aware of any major website that uses serif fonts. Check out cnn.com, foxnews.com, espn.com, arstechnica.com forums, news.google.com. None of them use wonky, hard to read serif fonts.
    reeneebob and sleepngbear like this.
    10-10-12 11:42 PM
    The new mobile site looks good, with the exception of the awful serif font I see when composing a message.

The serif fonts need to be 86'd.
    Last edited by lak611; 10-11-12 at 12:32 AM.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    10-11-12 12:16 AM
    Silly question but is there a BB specific font made by RIM? Or even better a QNX specific one?
    Yes there are blackberry fonts, and they are very clear to read in small fonts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...efault-714576/
    10-11-12 12:54 AM
37 12