As we head into the launch fanboys (and paid posters) of competitive phones are going to flood into Crackberry with negative thoughts on BB10. You will know them because they've bothered to figure out how to launch new threads despite having a very low post count. They will be very controversial intended to drive the posts up so that their threads get pushed to the front of the day's list. The (paid) mods are counter incented as they get measured on traffic and controversy drives traffic. Please, please, ignore them and let the threads drown in the noise of a positive launch.

If you think I'm nuts, look at the top opinion based posts of the last few days and who they were started by... Don't feed the trolls. They will be very active and have provocative titles like "Is it just me, or do you also think RIM missed the boat on..". Ignore them. That's the worst punishment you can dole out. We don't need to worry about them unless Kevin, Blaize, Chris et all give the thing crappy reviews. (i.e. when he'll freezes over). Enjoy the launch!
    01-29-13 09:29 AM
    Looks like **** might freeze over on Thursday Weather Forecast Hell, MI | Hell Weather | Wunderground.
    01-29-13 09:48 AM
    I hear ya. And I bet your title translates to "Premium Troll Food" to them.....they'll be here shortly.
    01-29-13 09:52 AM
    i dunno.
    i dont see the launch being high key.
    i think its more likely once the phones are out and reviewed!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 10:04 AM
    Haha. You RIM fanboys make me laugh. There's no stopping us! We're going to be all over this forum tomorrow when RIM launches their DOA junk to laugh at all of you!

Never mind. I have to clean my room tomorrow.
    adadadad and jakie55 like this.
    01-29-13 10:32 AM
    Lol. Just created a post for trolls to feed in. It's better to just be silent about it at times if you really want to avoid it. #JustSaying
    01-29-13 10:37 AM
    Don't feed the trolls. Here, feed the pandas!

Please don't feed the trolls!-panda-1.png
    01-29-13 10:40 AM
    Nah, if you see a troll, trust in Kevin and he'll whip out his banhammer and smite his ***!! Into place.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-trash-609572/

Please don't feed the trolls!-jerome.jpg
    01-29-13 10:53 AM
    Wow. Kevin shaved his head? Little premature...
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    01-29-13 10:57 AM
    Being a little presumptuous don't you think? Besides how would you be able to tell if someone is being a 'troll' or has a legitimate beef about the device? It's not going to be a 100% perfect to everyone out there and there could possibly be something an individual truly does not like. Or they may be having issues with a setting or what have you, doesn't mean they are 'trolling'.

It is going to be a relatively new UI to a lot of us so let's be patient with one another.
    01-29-13 10:58 AM
    Kevin is that you?
    Please don't feed the trolls!-ban-hammer.jpg
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    01-29-13 11:00 AM
    Being a little presumptuous don't you think? Besides how would you be able to tell if someone is being a 'troll' or has a legitimate beef about the device? It's not going to be a 100% perfect to everyone out there and there could possibly be something an individual truly does not like. Or they may be having issues with a setting or what have you, doesn't mean they are 'trolling'.

It is going to be a relatively new UI to a lot of us so let's be patient with one another.
    It's pretty easy to tell in most circumstances. They have a relatively low post count, but high enough so they're able to start a new thread. They most likely joined crackberry within the last 6-8 months, this is a long term plan, it's not spontaneous, especially for the paid instigators. They will talk about the device carefully, they will mention some positive aspects, but it will be in a negative connotation, read carefully. They can't just be negative right off the bat, that would be way to obvious. They will claim to be a long time bb user, but generally can't provide much factual knowledge about bb devices as a whole. They will try to backup their thesis with unsubstantiated opinions of coworkers, friends, family. They will almost always include past performance of RIM in their post, but all negative.

You can take a look at their post history, it will probably show a history of some random mundane posts in a device specific section of the forum.

I could go on, but I don't want to. Don't feed the trolls.
    mapsonburt likes this.
    01-29-13 11:24 AM
    Maybe we should have a secret password so we know who the trolls are.
    NSFW
    01-29-13 11:31 AM
    you right don't feed them it is a lot more fun to poke em with a stick

opinions are opinions we all have them some make people look stupid in others eyes that really can't be helped .....
    01-29-13 11:31 AM
    I agree dont feed the trolls, also remember not every new member is a troll. Report the post and move on if you think it is. There is enough aggression on here already and we dont need a bunch of people going after the poor noobs
    01-29-13 11:35 AM
    I agree dont feed the trolls, also remember not every new member is a troll. Report the post and move on if you think it is. There is enough aggression on here already and we dont need a bunch of people going after the poor noobs
    Agreed; I was a bit timid to start posting on here after watching some of the aggressive responses. . . . though some of the comments *were* pretty dumb lol I got over it.

Happy BB10 EVE!
    01-29-13 11:44 AM
    Yeah, try ignoring them. After five years on here, trolls are a worse - now, as opposed to members went after other BlackBerry owners a few years ago. LOL. Still the same tactics just different devices and more trolls.
    sent from my sexy PlayBook using Tapatalk2 (*_~)
    01-29-13 11:44 AM
    Absolutely agree... some of the self appointed "forum police" are a bit aggressive but that isn't my point. I'm not talking about slagging anyone... I'm talking about IGNORING the folks that are obviously out to change (negatively) the perception. They will have low/no post counts. I'm not talking about people like you (or me) that have been negative on RIM when it needed it. NOBODY should go after them... ignore them. That's the worst punishment we can give them.
    01-29-13 12:45 PM
    Negativity is a good thing if you can back it up with a logical explanation if not TROLL.
    01-29-13 12:49 PM
    Negativity is a good thing if you can back it up with a logical explanation if not TROLL.
    Agreed. A legitimate concern or complaint is not Trolling. But sometimes we re emotional and do not ask the question correctly. Or answer properly for that matter. What Howarmat said.
    01-29-13 05:22 PM

Matt, as always; short, sweet and to the point!
    01-29-13 06:22 PM