I had this in a different post under another subject. Basically i have tried everything got a brand new Bold 9780 today abd when i connect to pc it opens up DM makes connection sound i can access the memory card but it only stays on connecting the only way for me to get out of it is to end task in task manager. my Dm is up to date. ive done countless restarts and battery pulls. im going insane here.
    07-11-11 12:11 PM
    We discourage posting the same topic is multiple threads, but I do realize you have rephrased the question to be clear to more of our readers.

Cliff notes version: New BlackBerry will not connect to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

The fact that you can connect to the Media Card rules out a broken USB port and cable issues.

You have upgraded to the current version of DTM, one that works on nearly every other computer in use.

Can you confirm you are using a Windows XP/Vista or 7 PC? There is a DTM for Mac.

If so, that means there is an internal fault in the new device. Return it to the carrier, after they test and confirm your finding, it will be replaced with a working device.
    07-11-11 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD