It doesn't need to have the top of the line hardware specs, but a camera and a very good screen resolution would be essential.

Hadware:
    1 GHz dual-core processor
    4.1" screen
    AMOLED/Retina display like screen
    Auto Focus camera 5Mp or 8Mp (It have to be the best camera in the market)
    Front face camera
    Some way to add a keyboard as an accessory

Software:

QNX
    Android App
    Possibility to personalize home screen with widgets

Look and Feel:
    Black titanium
    09-11-11 09:14 PM
    Crackberry Nation!!! HEAR MY CRY!!!

The ULTIMATE Blackberry would be a 3.5 to 3.7 inch device (similar to the Torch 9850/60) and would have a physical keyboard like the Bold 9900!!

THIS...WOULD...BE, KILLER!
    09-11-11 09:44 PM
    BB 9900 Size and Looks
    Perfect build. NO QUALITY ISSUES WITH SCREEN AND HARDWARE
    QNX OS
    1.2-1.5 Dual Core
    1800 mah Battery
    And a more reasonable price than the 9900 off contract.

But a perfect build is more important.
    09-11-11 10:01 PM
    I am really liking that mock-up of that "ACE" up there, pretty slick looking and sounds about perfect spec wise. Only thing I would like added would be a landscape BB type keyboard. I wouldn't even care about the extra weight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 10:03 PM
    Hardware:

4" screen. As small a bezel as realistically possible. qHD resolution. Dont care what type, so long as it looks good and is power efficient
    OMAP 4460 cpu
    1.5 GB ram
    16GB internal memory
    micro sdxc card slot
    BT 3.0 / wifi / NFC
    charging contacts
    trackpad
    dedicated gpu better than sgx543
    2000maH battery even if it means 10-11mm. thin enough.
    micro usb 3.0 and hdmi.
    A very high quality 5MP front camera with glass lens nokia n9 style good with AF and combo led/xenon flash. Potentially 8MP as people dont seem to realise that number of MP is hardly the end all be all of photo quality. 3mp ffc. Really folks, its a ffc. It doesnt need to be that crazy.

Software:
    qnxos 2.0 as rumoured
    apps will come in spades once a qnx phone is released. Its a different story from a tablet.
    Option to run cpu single core for when longitivity is needed over power.
    09-11-11 11:18 PM
    Take my 9900, give it dual speakers located on the side like the 9000. Add a left side convenience key and I would be happy as a clam.
    09-12-11 12:54 AM
    Fingerprint scanner embedded in the trackpad.
    09-12-11 01:39 AM
    Just posted this picture in a new thread
    09-12-11 01:53 AM
    one side exactly like 9930, I love it... But flip it over and its a full touchscreen.

of course qnx or the latest build software and running android apps would be great.
    09-12-11 02:17 AM
    QNX powered touch device like the Torch 9850/60. Web browsing has to be way better. And it will be intuitive and know what you want to do before you do!!lol
    09-12-11 07:19 AM
    About my mock up ...

To add a bit to this, I would make it a 1.5/1.8 dual core with at least 1.5G of RAM so it can update to newer OS's for at least 2 cycles (here's hoping)

I would also create an accessory for the device which would plug in at the bottom (using with USB 3 or Micro HDMI ports). This accessory would be a BOLB9900 type keyboard w/ trackpad and BB buttons which would rest on top of the bottom 1/3rd of the screen, It would power down the section of the screen not being used, to save on battery life for those power users. It would also interact with the device just as a regular keyboard does on any keyboard equiped Blackberry.

Another accessory could be a clip on case in the back which would provide users the first horizontal keyboard on a blackberry as some people have mentioned.

The other mock up is really nice, Much better than mine. I just decided to go with the "Playbook" look and had some fun in Photoshop.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Long live the Berry of the Black!
    Last edited by seb.hebert; 09-12-11 at 11:13 AM.
    09-12-11 11:11 AM
    No one likes em, I bet no one bought em when they were available, but I'd like a portrait qwerty with a landscape screen...

Torch is nice but I think I'd enjoy the wider viewing angle of a landscape screen while doing excel on the go and whatnot.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a heftier Torch qwerty keyboard more inline with the 9000/9900 series. I'm not one of those 'thinner is better' folks, I'm old enough to remember using a cellphone that was most assuredly not pocketable....

Staying with large and lumpy, give me a HUGE HONKING battery. I'm running data to my phone constantly, I have no issue trading size for longevity. and yes, I've fiddled with Android and iOS and BB does me best, just like it does me best in data consumption MB for MB. I like running "Blue" with "Leave it On" keeping the backlight on on my desk next to my computer.

Software?

The security of BBOS. I'm warning you RIM, don't break security in a chase to compete with the virus minefields of iOS and Android.

Also, I'd like a desktop version of BBOS. And QNX yeah. And I WANT TO FREAKING BE ABLE TO EMULATE A BROWSER LIKE IE OR FIREFOX LIKE WE COULD ON BBOS 5.

And get me wifi hotspot. You know the ***** using iPhones and only doing BBM on the BB? Well I'm the **** doing everything on my BB and running hotspot on my HTC WM6.5 HD2. Rediculous.

Also, I'm tired of Moto being the only one doing the desktop dock thing. Get me a desktop dock and I'll never carry a netbook ever again. 1.2ghz is desktopworthy. (Sidenote: don't forget a keyboard case for the Playbook with mouse compatibility and SD storage for it in version2)
    Last edited by kmichail; 09-12-11 at 02:16 PM.
    09-12-11 02:13 PM
    Ok, here's my ideal phone (which i believe could actually be possible, but unlikely):

Hardware:
    -Same form factor as the Bold 9900 (incl touch-screen)
    -8MP Camera back (with decent lens and auto-focus)/5MP front camera (wish they would team up with e.g. Panasonic and put a proper camera in there)
    -Battery life 24hrs with heavy use
    -Bring back the second convenience key
    -Similar internals to the Bold 9900 (but dual-core for the OS)

Software:
    -QNX OS (But made to look more like the current OS6/7)
    -Android App Player (must be present out of the box and seamlessly integrated with AppWorld)
    -Much smarter recognition of 2G/3G/4G signal strength to conserve battery
    09-13-11 02:25 AM
    For me, the "perfect", next-generation superphone will have:

-QNX OS
    -2.0 Ghz Dual-Core Processor
    -5GB Application Memory, 20 GB Media Memory
    -4.3 inch touch screen
    -Slide-out physical keyboard
    -512 bit data encryption from both device and server
    -Data Compression 5x more efficient than current Blackberry compression
    -At least a 250k app environment
    -Battery life lasting at least 48 hrs under heavy use
    -Excellent 10MB HD camera w/ 5mb front camera for video chats/conference
    -International GSM and CDMA capability
    -4G capable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Hmmmm that seems like a fat phone to me. Great specs, but it could be bulky
    09-13-11 07:07 AM
    Another little hard ware detail that is key will be to put the charging port at the bottom
    With the advent of BBM Music BB need to be docked now. That should steal some of Apple's thunder.
    09-20-11 03:32 PM
    +1 The security of BBOS. I'm warning you RIM, don't break security in a chase to compete with the virus minefields of iOS and Android.

Rim, if you are lurkin -market yourself by letting world know you best fill a pressing consumer need -- security of important personal data and privacy concerns of users:
    promote it. youtube demos. make sure everyone knows and is talking about ow secure bb is as well as fun. prevent id theft, keep private life private easily usin BB. make it easy to know how to do. no 3rd party apps needed.

09-20-11 10:09 PM
    All I want is something like the Torch 9810 with a bigger screen. 3.7 inches and a slider.
    I'll be content.
    09-21-11 08:45 AM
    I totally agree RIM does not need to do much in the area of form factor. All they need to is improve on the hardware in the curve, bold, and both versions of the torch. Just give me that with a qnx os ,dual cam, increased storage, and flash ability im real good.
    09-21-11 08:52 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD