So I was reading a few 'bad' reviews and articles about how BB10 is going to fail 100% and has ZERO chance of success.

I think we should compile the emails of these people with a copy of their articles. In a year when BB10 is everywhere and they are changing their minds and hyping it up we can send out the list of all their bad articles and expose everyone for the hypocrites that they are. ESPECIALLY the people that have said BB10 is already outdated and nothing special.

What do you think?
    01-23-13 11:20 PM
    Sounds like a lot of work.
    01-23-13 11:21 PM
    its not worth it. thats what i think lol
    nquyen likes this.
    01-23-13 11:22 PM
    not really a lot of work... usually every article has an email attached. just save it in evernote or something.

its not worth it. thats what i think lol
    well... we wont get anything out of it, but i just feel that people bashing so hard right now should get the same that they have been giving once they start preaching.
    are if anyone else can think of a way to make sure these people dont try to cash in on the success after being the premier bashers
    01-23-13 11:32 PM
    So I was reading a few 'bad' reviews and articles about how BB10 is going to fail 100% and has ZERO chance of success.

I think we should compile the emails of these people with a copy of their articles. In a year when BB10 is everywhere and they are changing their minds and hyping it up we can send out the list of all their bad articles and expose everyone for the hypocrites that they are. ESPECIALLY the people that have said BB10 is already outdated and nothing special.

What do you think?
    Give us an example of a serious blogger/journo who's written something like this lately? I haven't seen too much negative press - even from supposedly "anti RIM" bloggers.
    01-23-13 11:35 PM
    Bla1ze stated in one podcast he has some kind of sh1tlist with all the people that have said RIM is dead
    KDB84, anon(3896606) and bmercer94 like this.
    01-23-13 11:39 PM
    You mean, we haven't seen enough 'RIM is gonna fail articles'? I thought that was what Google and Yahoo was for.
    01-23-13 11:41 PM
    Give us an example of a serious blogger/journo who's written something like this lately? I haven't seen too much negative press - even from supposedly "anti RIM" bloggers.
    well, thats the thing... we may have to go back a couple of week. but thats what i mean exactly... you havent seen anything bad lately because people are already changing their minds. BGR for example. Someone posted an article from a Montreal Paper that was pretty dumb, and im sure there will be more. Im not really sure what you consider 'serious' though so I dont know where you would draw the line. Ive read some stock tips that say, in other words, 'wait until launch then SELL RIM bc there is NO CHANCE for anything above $30' type of rants.

I just think its pretty crazy how negative these people have been, most of them even AFTER using bb10 devices... but now since other people are being positive these people are changing their minds. It doesnt even have to be a smear campaign or anything bad... just something to show how the perception of RIM has changed in the last months even though nothing with the device has changed. I actually think it could be a pretty good experiment/exercise.

but thats just me.
    01-23-13 11:41 PM
    Bla1ze stated in one podcast he has some kind of sh1tlist with all the people that have said RIM is dead
    yea thats all we need really. then maybe even something like a mass tweet with a pic of a BB10 device screenshot from someone that has a huge amount of BBM contacts or something. Like a 'You told me what?' sort of thing (the opposite of an 'i told you so')

OR

same screenshot but with a retweet of one of the 'RIM is dead people' negative tweets with the NAILED IT caption (the NAILED IT meme is when someone tries to do something but does it horribly wrong)
    01-23-13 11:43 PM
    JUST SAW THIS THREAD... something like this is perfect!!!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...istory-763960/

01-23-13 11:51 PM
    I'll share with you my list
    01-24-13 12:12 AM
    I think Santa has some sort of list like that. He's usually on vacation in the Bahamas at this time of year though.
    djdragon and KDB84 like this.
    01-24-13 12:34 AM

What do you think?
    The best revenge is living well. Grab a device when it comes out and try not to worry too much about the naysayers.
    01-24-13 01:03 AM
    You're forgetting though; If RIM is as successful as all of hope the new product shall be, what valid purpose other than silly spite would be served in calling out a couple A-holes? There will already be more than enough good press and etc floating around making them look kind of goofy anyway. They're "articles" will be quickly buried where they belong.
    01-24-13 02:18 AM
    You're forgetting though; If RIM is as successful as all of hope the new product shall be, what valid purpose other than silly spite would be served in calling out a couple A-holes? There will already be more than enough good press and etc floating around making them look kind of goofy anyway. They're "articles" will be quickly buried where they belong.
    Im guessing it would just show people that these people arent to be trusted and to take what they say with a grain of salt. If they are bandwagoners then they dont deserve to be in a profession that should be based in truth and facts.
    01-24-13 03:49 PM
    The best revenge is living well. Grab a device when it comes out and try not to worry too much about the naysayers.
    I will be getting a BB10 device for sure!
    OniBerry likes this.
    01-24-13 03:50 PM
    Thats not a bad idea.
    01-24-13 03:56 PM
    My thought is to link all the bad blog articles in this thread. Then once people buy their BB10's, everyone can comment that the reviewer was not correct!
    01-24-13 03:58 PM
    My thought is to link all the bad blog articles in this thread. Then once people buy their BB10's, everyone can comment that the reviewer was not correct!
    Yea that is the exact idea. We can even tweet these people a couple months in with the Quarterly numbers... or i am sure someone else will find a more creative way to do thi
    01-24-13 05:26 PM
    Even when BB10 is a smashing success, there will still be plenty of folks who will continue to write negative articles about the new OS. There are plenty of people who write negative articles about anything and everything. Calling them out will provide self-redemption to BB lovers but will do nothing to change any minds or influence opinions. That said, it would be fun to compare lists of the naysayers.
    FSeverino likes this.
    01-24-13 06:32 PM
    Thats true as well Catufts. It would also be interesting to see if the people that 'repent' after BB10 launch are people that do the same with other devices and news items.
    01-25-13 09:48 AM
    01-28-13 12:25 PM
    01-28-13 06:58 PM