I think that CrackBerry has been doing a great job on reporting on what's real and letting the rumors slide until they can be verified. We've had a long period of time with no new 'news' which has been difficult for fans as well as the CB site itself. A bunch of us have been passing the time having a blast chatting about random nothingness instead of getting bogged down in rumors and device disputes. We hit 56,000 posts today and all of a sudden - *bam!* 2 days until launch!

So, to all of you waiting these last couple of days for launch, I have an avatar for you all courtessy of http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...llenge-735950/

And, if there's nothing new in the forums or blogs for you over the next couple of days (or after for that matter) drop in and Be Bold, Be Pantless, Be 5000!
    Has Crackberrys, " 10 weeks of Blackberry" been a bust??-50k_bb10_avatar.jpg
    01-28-13 12:20 AM
    You don't need leaks.. just a bit more patience. Final stretch now.. leave SOMETHING for a surprise. Besides, if you look hard enough.. small leaks are EVERYWHERE.
    Lot of complaining about a free forum, and free articles. It would have been nice for RIM to provide some liberties for BIG substantial leaks to crackberry, but you can't blame the Crackberry people for that.
    01-28-13 12:21 AM
    This is easily the most interesting thread leading up to launch thus far.
    Crackberry is great, I really want a copy of RIM monopoly now.
    01-28-13 12:23 AM
    Back OT. The Twitter BBLeaks guy mentioned that BB10 was going to be released for the Playbook 2 weeks prior to the 1/30 launch. 12 days ago, I unfollowed him. 'nuff said.
    01-28-13 12:24 AM
    Back OT. The Twitter BBLeaks guy mentioned that BB10 was going to be released for the Playbook 2 weeks prior to the 1/30 launch. 12 days ago, I unfollowed him. 'nuff said.
    and thats all she wrote. on point my friend.
    01-28-13 12:35 AM
    Someone in the chat asked why they got the condo last night, they said it was because it is easier to communicate.
    This was never fully about us...
    Isn't that what Blackberries are for?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-28-13 12:37 AM
    Even though they're clearly independent, I've always viewed CrackBerry as an arm of BlackBerry, especially since it's "rebirth" under Thor. I mean, he called Kevin on his first day in the new position. As a result, CrackBerry is going to get some exclusive information you won't find anywhere else, but you can also count on the fact that the editors will never "break the code" and reveal too much. Even if there were no NDAs, I'm pretty sure Kevin and the other editors wouldn't divulge too much information. This has always been a "fan site" first and a "news site" second. It's all about doing what's best for the success of the launch and the new product. If that means keeping us in the dark on some things that they'd normally be quick to share, so be it.

Besides, it's just a hunch, but to the CrackBerry folks, I have a feeling this is a lot like that rare Christmas when you completely nailed the perfect gift for someone. You absolutely can't wait to give it to them. You want to tell them what it is but you can't. You want to give them hints but you know you shouldn't. It actually becomes harder on you when you're keeping the secret than it is to be the one having the secret kept from them. Either way, won't be long now. Good luck keeping up with the traffic, CB, and keep up the good work.
    01-28-13 01:17 AM
    nextlevel88 you nailed so many things with that post.
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    01-28-13 01:31 AM
    that. was. amazing.
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    01-28-13 01:42 AM
    nextlevel88 wins teh internet.
    greatwiseone and nextlevel88 like this.
    01-28-13 01:49 AM
    nextlevel88 wins teh internet.
    so are you going to give him a cookie?

(and yes, he deserves it)
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    01-28-13 02:51 AM
    Do I win for staying up the latest (earliest) on this thread?cough 5am cough...
    Okay have school in the morning.. This is NOT a good idea.. Damn you CrackBerry, your interesting forums are hurting my GPA!
    01-28-13 04:02 AM
    Do I win for staying up the latest (earliest) on this thread?cough 5am cough...
    Okay have school in the morning.. This is NOT a good idea.. Damn you CrackBerry, your interesting forums are hurting my GPA!
    No. I'm still up and I was up in the prime of the thread
    01-28-13 04:12 AM
    I think the BB10 campaign has a much greater chance of success under Thorsten Heins than the previous managers who really stuffed things up. They had nothing despite all the crap about a new OS and phones. Under Heins they have produced a top quality OS and hardware. Just how good we'll soon see in the flesh.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-28-13 04:28 AM
    I personally havent been very disappointed with the lack of updates on BB10. (in terms of leaks).
    I do however think there should have been a few more editorials. I mean, its a fansite for gods sakes. lets be fans and speculate madly and write crazy editorials and opinion pieces.
    I do wish the "10 weeks of BB10" had been a little more...err... punctual ... but we can wait a day or two i guess.
    Damn you crackberry and your code of ethics , i have had to make do with tabloid blogs filled with trolls to pass time.
    (oh, and my first ever post here)
    01-28-13 05:02 AM
    oh by the way guys, lets not forget the Crackberry has given us leaks that most people wouldnt be able too...
    I point at a certain video about a certain car infotainment system with a certain few seconds where a certain phone was just about visible....
    It would have been so easy to edit that out but it was left in... i wonder why
    01-28-13 05:04 AM
    oh by the way guys, lets not forget the Crackberry has given us leaks that most people wouldnt be able too...
    I point at a certain video about a certain car infotainment system with a certain few seconds where a certain phone was just about visible....
    It would have been so easy to edit that out but it was left in... i wonder why
    I don't think it was a true slip up by Dan Dodge either.
    01-28-13 05:35 AM
    Well said Nextlevel88, very lucid and thoughtful points.

You have encapsulated my thoughts entirely. Saved me writing it as well ! :-)
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    01-28-13 06:59 AM
    OMG, you mean, the blackberry leaks guy on Twitter is not, like, Thor's cousin or something???

I've been BB10uzzled!!!
    ladeberry likes this.
    01-28-13 07:59 AM
    Can I start an official CrackBerry BB10 launch house thread? Then you can get bombarded with questions.
    01-28-13 08:13 AM
    Everyone should go to YouTube and tell this dude where to stick his Apple and Android

Attachment 132757
    I could not find it. Can someone post the youtube link?
    01-28-13 08:15 AM
    This thread cracks me up. I notice all the young bucks on the thread... who've joined in the last year or two, don't really get how things work around here.

The ones who've been around the CrackBerry block a few times are much more wise.

I guess I'll blame the existence of this thread on BlackBerry taking their sweet time in bringing BlackBerry 10 to market.

But the wait is almost over!
    i dont think any one is saying that people are slacking, its just hard to report on a brand that has not released anything for 2 years.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-28-13 09:13 AM
    I don't think it was a true slip up by Dan Dodge either.

Ooooooo, gonna have me a look-see @ that one when I get home.

BTW, I'm guessing this "thread" is over now, just us proles populating it now?
    01-28-13 10:05 AM
    I just drank a giant can of Canadian Red Bull.
    is that code for a Molson breakfast???
    spike12 likes this.
    01-28-13 10:12 AM
    Crackberry is in a tough spot right now. They are obviously fans of BlackBerrys and want everything to go perfectly smooth for the BB10 launch. For that to happen, certain things need to be kept secret as to not take anything away from the event. I don't know how much they know, but I am pretty positive they know more then they are saying, NDA or not. If RIM asks them to not reveal something and give a legit reason why they don't want it revealed, I actually hope that CB would not post it.
    Michelle Haag and TommyBB like this.
    01-28-13 10:35 AM
205 ... 56789