The in car 'application platform' looks remarkably like a PlayBook.

Kerry Johnson, automotive product manager at QNX Software Systems, takes us on a quick tour of the QNX CAR 2 platform. He covers the basics: home screen, media player, mobile device connectivity, application area, HTML5 support, phone app, voice-enabled apps. acoustic processing for hands-free systems, etc.

This video was posted yesterday.

A guided tour of the QNX CAR 2 application platform - YouTube!
    03-14-12 11:40 AM
    Would be cool if it had the option to bridge for Internet access.
    More likely a wifi hotspot then a bridge
    03-14-12 12:10 PM
    Would be cool if it had the option to bridge for Internet access.
    LTE on board would be better. AT&T and others could then promote a data plan of say, 10 years, while offering you $20,000 off a new Porsche if purchased at the same time.
    03-14-12 12:13 PM
    this is cool stuff.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aRZQHZ9umQ4#![/YT]
    03-14-12 12:14 PM
    Pandora and a Map app on it. I wonder if that's a Android port, and if that Map app is a Nav app
    03-14-12 12:56 PM
    Great stuff.
    03-14-12 01:44 PM
    Does anyone know if cars currently running QNX os can be upgraded to QNX CAR 2? I'd gladly pay for the upgrade. MMI is nice but it ain't CAR 2? The ability to bridge my phone would make it completely worthwhile.
    03-15-12 09:27 PM
    Is this going to be an after market product of a factory product?? Because I would love this in my car eh!!
    Just Me likes this.
    03-15-12 11:26 PM
    Pandora and a Map app on it. I wonder if that's a Android port, and if that Map app is a Nav app
    You're kind of missing the point.. it doesn't need to be an Android port. It can all be done in HTML5.

It's almost as if people are seeing and hearing RIM when they talk, but no one is listening.

They have placed so much emphasis on HTML 5 in everything they've done for the past little while, yet no one seems to of have caught on.

All I have to say is... BlackBerry 10.
    info600, m23haz and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-15-12 11:43 PM
    Is this going to be an after market product of a factory product?? Because I would love this in my car eh!!
    You know that is a really good idea. Having an aftermarket deck running QNX CAR would be a really good idea. It would be limited to the connections a standard deck has but could bring bluetooth, gps and lte functionality to every car on the road with a stereo deck.

I think most of the units you will see are going to be the stock units which come built in and integrated in the vehicle from the factory.
    03-17-12 02:52 PM
    sounds promising
    03-17-12 08:42 PM
    I just want to say this again, your idea of a QNX deck is a great one. It would be way better than this slick looking iPhone deck. I think the RIM is underestimating the full power of bridge. It has to be one of my mst used apps now. The idea of bridging to a deck in my car has always intrigued me.

Devium Dash | Uncrate
    04-20-12 10:50 AM
    text messages on the screen ... hopefully on PB soon.
    04-20-12 12:40 PM
    The BB10 Bentley is amazing. The curved display and pretouch are cutting edge.
    05-22-13 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD