Okay I know this doesn't apply to all iphone users, but its getting more and more common.
    I was helping a customer in my store, and they wanted to send someone a picture of something to see if they wanted it. But they didn't have an iphone. So she asked if anyone had an iphone so they could send a picture. I said I have a blackberry. She said "no it has to be an iphone to send pictures!". I said "no ma'am it doesn't". She said "yes it does!". So I got someone I work with who has an iphone to send a picture. And they said "I can't believe she borrowed a strangers iphone to send a picture!"

Then my boss always tells me to use my "iphone" to take pictures. I tell him I have a blackberry, and he said "its the same thing!"

Then another guy I work with has an evo and calls it an iphone.

An I phone is an iphone, nothing else.
    Why do people thing iphones are king? And that other phones are iphones??

Sorry rant over lol
    05-28-12 10:05 AM
    i do understand where you are comming from. there is a large group of ppl that just dont know what the technology they posses is capable of.

a dumb phone can send pictures
    Morty2264 and shemaree09 like this.
    05-28-12 10:09 AM
    I was helping a customer in my store, and they wanted to send someone a picture of something to see if they wanted it. But they didn't have an iphone. So she asked if anyone had an iphone so they could send a picture. I said I have a blackberry. She said "no it has to be an iphone to send pictures!". I said "no ma'am it doesn't". She said "yes it does!". So I got someone I work with who has an iphone to send a picture. And they said "I can't believe she borrowed a strangers iphone to send a picture!"
    In that situation, you should have bet that customer that you could send it. Then tell her that if it works, she has to buy something expensive from you. Instant sale...

Then my boss always tells me to use my "iphone" to take pictures. I tell him I have a blackberry, and he said "its the same thing!"
    Just tell your boss to drop the "i" and say "phone" next time. Most phones have cameras.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-28-12 10:16 AM
    I can't tell if that's funny or sad! But I do know what you mean. One time I was with a group of friends and friends of friends. This guy was talking about iPhones and he ACTUALLY SAID that the iPhone 3G was the world's first smartphone. I wanted to correct him so bad on two counts - that the iPhone was most certainly not the first smsrtphone, AND there was a previous model of iPhone before the one he stated lol. But I didn't want to embarrass the poor kid.
    05-28-12 10:23 AM
    Oh boy... This would really bother me deep on the inside as well... It's really annoying I agree.
    05-28-12 10:24 AM
    To some ignorance is bliss.

Honestly though, don't let it bother you. It goes to show how extensive their knowledge of technology aside from the book of "i" is.

Nobody likes to be shown their shortcomings, even when it comes to not knowing that a Blackberry can also....send pictures....(face palming now)

The best way to win people over is to just be helpful without being a doormat. Never fails.
    05-28-12 10:30 AM
    Meh... people call my device an iPhone all the time. They might have greater reason to (since I carry a slab-type device), but I can't muster up that much indignation.

People will call tissues Kleenex and bleach Clorox. Meh.
    00stryder likes this.
    05-28-12 10:31 AM
    To some, ignorance is bliss.

Honestly though, don't let it bother you. It goes to show how extensive their knowledge of technology aside from the book of "i" is.

Nobody likes to be shown their shortcomings, even when it comes to not knowing that a Blackberry can also....send pictures....(face palming now)

The best way to win people over is to just be helpful without being a doormat. If they are open minded enough they'll be receptive if not they just aren't ready yet.
    05-28-12 10:32 AM
    But I didn't want to embarrass the poor kid.
    I'm the guy who would have embarrassed him.
    05-28-12 10:42 AM
    Meh... people call my device an iPhone all the time. They might have greater reason to (since I carry a slab-type device), but I can't muster up that much indignation.

In the South, most people call any cold, carbonated, non-alcoholic beverage "Coke", even if it is not the brand "Coca-Cola".
    chesterhall and jweihrauch like this.
    05-28-12 10:56 AM
    I agree. A couple of days ago, an iPhone user called me a loser because I was tweeting from a blackberry. Made her feel stupid when I told her I also have an android. Some people think having an iPhone makes you a somebody
    They would call this guy a loser, too. It's not easy to separate yourself from the crowds, especially in a popular movement.

I owe no fealty to a mobile device, I love my BlackBerrys, and also use an Android. But I ignore the 'iPhone is better' nonsense.

It isn't worth my time.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 05-28-12 at 11:07 AM.
    Deu2e, 00stryder, Trini-34 and 3 others like this.
    05-28-12 11:02 AM
    I agree. A couple of days ago, an iPhone user called me a loser because I was tweeting from a blackberry. Made her feel stupid when I told her I also have an android. Some people think having an iPhone makes you a somebody
    Just tell them the opinions of others are insignificant to you that are based on material objects.

The other day, a student was trying to argue with me that he couldn't get involved in an activity because he wasn't wearing the right footwear. I told him he should have worn something different, and he was going to participate. So he launches into this how his boots are Gucci and I'm just hating on him because his boots cost more than my entire outfit.

So I let him finish his stupid tirade and told him he should have worn some cheap ol Nikes like me. When I he asked why, I told him because it was going to suck to run bleachers in his brand new Gucci boots.

When he finished his 15 minutes of bleachers, I told him not to be shallow and disrespectful. Oh and that I saw the same pair of Guccis at Ross for under $50 but that no guy should ever wear anything with the name Gucci on it.
    05-28-12 11:04 AM
    Just tell them the opinions of others are insignificant to you that are based on material objects.

The other day, a student was trying to argue with me that he couldn't get involved in an activity because he wasn't wearing the right footwear. I told him he should have worn something different, and he was going to participate. So he launches into this how his boots are Gucci and I'm just hating on him because his boots cost more than my entire outfit.

So I let him finish his stupid tirade and told him he should have worn some cheap ol Nikes like me. When I he asked why, I told him because it was going to suck to run bleachers in his brand new Gucci boots.

When he finished his 15 minutes of bleachers, I told him not to be shallow and disrespectful. Oh and that I saw the same pair of Guccis at Ross for under $50 but that no guy should ever wear anything with the name Gucci on it.

Bravo. But at least they got broken in right!
    05-28-12 11:09 AM
    They would call this guy a loser, too. It's not easy to separate yourself from the crowds, especially in a popular movement.

Click to view quoted image

I owe no fealty to a mobile device, I love my BlackBerrys, and also use an Android. But I ignore the 'iPhone is better' nonsense.

It isn't worth my time.
    Dunno BK. Hard to claim to be separating yourself from the crown in ANOTHER crowd of 70+ Million...

But yes, individualism can be a good thing.
    bitek likes this.
    05-28-12 11:13 AM
    Kudos to Apple..... a great example of fantastic marketing..... whether you agree what's going on or not......
    Stewartj1 and jweihrauch like this.
    05-28-12 11:23 AM
    Ha ha that's the Lemmie mentality Apple has been able to create. Good on them I guess for making all these people come under their spell.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    shemaree09 likes this.
    05-28-12 11:38 AM

This. This is much ado about nothing. It's just a phone and most of the population are just technophobic and just use a generic term or don't know. The kraft dinner brand name is the perfect analogy. For a long time before there were all touchscreens I heard people call any phone with a keyboard a blackberry. Meh.

There's no reason to get bent out shape about it, and if that's the biggest problem someone has, I want their life. Lol.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-28-12 at 11:57 AM.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    05-28-12 11:55 AM
    This. This is much ado about nothing. It's just a phone and most of the population are just technophobic and just use a generic term or don't know. The kraft dinner brand name is the perfect analogy. For a long time before there were all touchscreens I heard people call any phone with a keyboard a blackberry. Meh.

There's no reason to get bent out shape about it, and if that's the biggest problem someone has, I want their life. Lol.

Now that I think about it, I know people who refer to all phones as "Blackberries."

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-28-12 12:01 PM
    And that sentiment exists about Blackberries too...'important people who need tools not toys', right? Explain that to the tonnes of teens who have it because of bbming their friends. My dad is retired and drives a cab part time and just got a BB...because he wanted a keyboard. I sell BBs 4-1 to teenagers. Sadly I also live in an area where for the most part there's no middle class...there's the unemployed on welfare people and there's the rich retired people (the middle ground have moved to larger cities close by as there are no jobs except retail here), and I sell a lot of Curves to the people who can't pass the credit check because BB plans are cheap and its all they can afford. I know how that sounds but sadly it's the way it is here. I wouldn't live here if ot was for my husband who refuses to move because he feels he needs to be close to his grandmother and parents. I sell a lot of iPhone and Android to the well off retirees because they don't want a BB since their work gave them one for years and they want something new. If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that I could buy a iPhone full price.

Last edited by reeneebob; 05-28-12 at 12:13 PM.
    05-28-12 12:09 PM
    Bravo. But at least they got broken in right!
    And, damn, they were uuuuuugly! I mean like really ugly. They looked like some gawd awful combination of storm trooper boots, duck boots, knock off Doc Martins, with a dress shoe thrown into the mix.
    05-28-12 12:13 PM
    Now that I think about it, I know people who refer to all phones as "Blackberries."

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    When I first got my Galaxy Note, a large majority of people asked if it was a new mini-ipad. For some reason, that question still makes me laugh everytime someone asks it. Now that there are more commercials out, I at least get asked if that's that new tablet phone. Mini-ipad...ha!
    05-28-12 12:15 PM
    Kudos to Apple..... a great example of fantastic marketing..... whether you agree what's going on or not......
    Gotta agree with this. Fill ignorant or lazy people's head with "I" stuff and they'll assume everything is an "I" something.

It's truly a sign of great marketing.
    Just like everyone calling facial tissue "Kleenex" regardless of the actual brand.
    05-28-12 12:29 PM
    Gotta agree with this. Fill ignorant or lazy people's head with "I" stuff and they'll assume everything is an "I" something.
    Wow.

05-28-12 12:37 PM
    There is no shortage of stupidity and ignorance in the world. If iPhones and Androids and whatever are so great, then why do governments choose to use BlackBerry phones? As far as I know, the U.S., Canadian, Australian and British governments all refuse to use iPhones and Androids and choose to use BlacBerry. I'm no tecno geek genius ..... far from it actually .... but the fact that so many governments choose BlackBerry tells me something.
    05-28-12 12:43 PM
    In the South, most people call any cold, carbonated, non-alcoholic beverage "Coke", even if it is not the brand "Coca-Cola".
    I can bet you $100 right now you are wrong about that. And you should notice what state I live in before you take that bet.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    05-28-12 01:13 PM
185 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD