Check out BB 10 vs Windows 8

Check out BB 10 vs Iphone 5

What do you guys think?
    12-19-12 01:51 AM
    Great comparison! Finally showing a small glimpse into the power of BB10!! The keyboard looks amazing btw!!
    12-19-12 02:02 AM
    He seems to be embarassed and get quiet when it comes time to state what kind of unlock screen the iphone has. He also gets flustered when he is explaining the iphone has nothing like active frames. He aimlessly swipes back and forth between app screens in his nervousness. He then feels forced to throw in a quick line that active frames is like live tiles. Listen again you will see what im talking about. At least he admits the iphone is slower, as the video evidence is right in front of us. I have seen others that watch this and are still in denial.
    baolam86, jenks5150 and MrHomz like this.
    12-19-12 03:25 AM
    Hmm... "Action Frames" has a nice ring to it.
    12-19-12 03:30 AM
    Hmm... "Action Frames" has a nice ring to it.
    "Action frames" is somewhat similar to live tiles. The man doesn't even need to know the name of the technology itself Btw, the HTC wp 8 too scared to load up the page so it screaming error instead
    12-19-12 03:41 AM
    It may be amazing but the first video is not going to impress Apple users at all if they tried to follow along.

The iPhone 5 would probably load the 2nd "content heavy " website in 1/5th of the time. It's funny how the second website omitted from the iPhone test.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-19-12 03:55 AM
    Yeah i think they should get ready for more astonishing features of the BB 10 OS. I was very existed to see how old fashioned the blackberry made the Iphone look.
    12-19-12 03:55 AM
    He seems to be embarassed and get quiet when it comes time to state what kind of unlock screen the iphone has. He also gets flustered when he is explaining the iphone has nothing like active frames. He aimlessly swipes back and forth between app screens in his nervousness. He then feels forced to throw in a quick line that active frames is like live tiles. Listen again you will see what im talking about. At least he admits the iphone is slower, as the video evidence is right in front of us. I have seen others that watch this and are still in denial.
    You do realize that the site that published those videos is an Apple hate site right? Check some of their articles, they proclaim it.

So why would an Apple hater act like that? Perhaps you're projecting...
    12-19-12 08:28 AM
    You do realize that the site that published those videos is an Apple hate site right? Check some of their articles, they proclaim it.

So why would an Apple hater act like that? Perhaps you're projecting...
    As opposed to BGR being your choice for unbiased reviews.....
    12-19-12 09:18 AM
    The real question is: Why isn't CrackBerry performing these same types of BB10 vs _______ comparisons?

I've posted browser fight requests in the Dev Alpha forum, and no one seemed interested.

I'm really hoping that the processor will be upgraded from what we're seeing in the Dev Alpha B's, if only so that we're a bit "surprised" at the Jan 30th unveiling.
    12-19-12 09:32 AM
    That allur.com website loads incredibly slow on both the BB10 and WP8 browers. Like unbelievably slow.

I just loaded the same sites on my Galaxy Nexus and over 3G (1Mbps) it took 7-9 seconds (7 one time and 9 the other, so I'll say an average of 8) and 5 seconds on Wifi (65Mbps). This was done using Chrome on Android 4.2.1.

I will test the L series when I get it, but if it is that slow with the same connection I'm going to be really confused. I know he was using the same Wifi on both, but my 1Mbps 3G connection beat him. That is crazy.
    Last edited by avt123; 12-19-12 at 10:06 AM.
    12-19-12 09:52 AM
    That allur.com website loads incredibly slow on both the BB10 and WP8 browers. Like unbelievably slow.

I just loaded the same sites on my Galaxy Nexus and over 3G (1Mbps) it took 7-9 seconds (7 one time and 9 the other, so I'll say an average of 8) and 5 seconds on Wifi (65Mbps). This was done using Chrome on Android 4.2.1.

I will test the L series when I get it, but if it is that slow with the same connection I'm going to be really confused. I know he was using the same Wifi on both, but my 1Mbps 3G connection beat him. That is crazy.
    Not crazy at all, my 3G beats my home wifi download speed.
    12-19-12 10:08 AM
    Not crazy at all, my 3G beats my home wifi download speed.
    That wasn't my point, but that sucks. I remember you telling me your 3G connection was slow as well.

My point was there is no way those devices should be loading those pages that slow. It took over 20seconds. That is insane. My device pulls up the page within a second and finishes loading it within 5 over WiFi.

If you are getting less than 1Mbps speeds on a WiFi connection, it is time to sign up with another ISP, and if all of them suck, just use Mobile Hotspot if it is that much better. I get up to 100Mbps sometimes on my WiFi. If I was getting less than 5Mbps, Comcast would not have me as a customer.
    12-19-12 10:34 AM
    The first video in the OP is actually shows the BB10 browser in a very bad light. RIM should ask for it to be taken down.
    12-19-12 10:49 AM
    The first video in the OP is actually shows the BB10 browser in a very bad light. RIM should ask for it to be taken down.
    Right? This guys data connection does no justice for either of the devices. If my 1 year old Nexus loads the webpage 15+ seconds faster on the same connection (when I get my BB10 device), I'm going to be pissed off.
    12-19-12 10:51 AM
    BB 10 browser is amazing
    How nice. When the F are they going to do something about the fact that my Playbook browser is a mess when I have javascript enabled when compared to the iPad, Nexus 7, and Surface RT browsers? I'm not buying HTML5 scores either because they don't reflect real world use. What worries me is that RIM appears to me to be under the impression that they can pull a slam dunk brand spanking new phone launch and think nobody will notice the tablet side of things hasn't been addressed alongside it.

Android: New phones, new Nexus tablet line, new Samsung Note tablets
    Apple: iPhone5, New iPads
    MS: WP8, Surface RT/Pro, new OEM RT/Pro tablets
    RIM: BB10 phones, 18 month old playbook not running BB10.

one of these things is not like the other.

Edit : sorry to be harsh but all the bb10 inroads without any tangible news about my Playbooks is making me crotchety and grumpy
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 12-19-12 at 11:21 AM.
    12-19-12 11:02 AM
    Real world time how much oes it matter? main thing that impressed me was the 484 score which was very high for mobile/desk top. Also the way i fully loaded content fast.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-19-12 11:52 AM
    Real world time how much oes it matter? main thing that impressed me was the 484 score which was very high for mobile/desk top. Also the way i fully loaded content fast.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    That's the point. That 484 score means nothing if it takes 20 seconds to load a webpage. It would seem more people want a fast browser than one that has a high score on the HTML5 test. Most people don't even know what that it. Most people do know ** to count though.

Like I said, I would be really confused if the device loads pages as slow as the comparison between the WP8 device shows. It has to be that guys connection, but even then it is dumb slow. Seemed slower than dial up. There is nothing fast about the part where they load allur.com on both devices.
    12-19-12 11:59 AM
    Well there's plenty of people on there forums with BB10 preview devices, and some with an iPhone as well. They should chime in on how fast allur.com loads.
    12-19-12 12:04 PM
    Same person(s) in denial i see. I am not directly saying or implying it is anyone on this website.
    12-19-12 12:56 PM
    I don't think anyone is in denial.
    12-19-12 01:05 PM
    It appears the only defense left for some is to try and discredit the site, showing video evidence (which is objective, not subjective). Some may say the site is an apple hater site while in denial. I am not stating or implying it is anyone on this site.
    12-19-12 02:11 PM
    It appears the only defense left for some is to try and discredit the site, showing video evidence (which is objective, not subjective). Some may say the site is an apple hater site while in denial. I am not stating or implying it is anyone on this site.
    Well I have no clue who you could be referring to, derp.
    But my comment about the site was simply in response to your ramblings about what you apparently perceived in the video to be an "embarrassed" reviewer when using the iPhone.
    No credit or discredit to the site for that.

As for your other very thinly-veiled attempts at hiding your motives, quit acting like a child. If you have a problem, keep it out of the public forums and stop acting like a brat.
    12-19-12 02:23 PM
    Is the blackberry browser faster than the iphone browser based on the video? Yes or no
    12-19-12 02:27 PM
    Is the blackberry browser faster than the iphone browser based on the video? Yes or no
    Already answered that question, and I'm not playing your games anymore. Grow up.
    12-19-12 02:30 PM
33 12