I've made the swich from the bold 9900 to a new iphone 4s....
    Well since then i actually do have a new ritual every day.....
    Yep , every single day i'm kicking my *** ! How could i be that stupid ...

Every day my iphone needs a hardreset , otherwise i cannot browse on the internet normally , app store also is not as responsive as everybody told me and finally , it is a reeeeaaallllyyyy big effort to type right...

i only know one thing for sure , my iphone is already sold to a friend and the first day i can get the z10 , i will have one...

Still love my playbook , and missing my bold

Cmon bb10 ! Be availlable !!!!!
    That's to bad that you have had this experience. I owned the original iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and now the iPhone 5. I have also owned 4 different blackberrys. The number of times I had to reinstall the blackberry os is laughable.. Install an app oops java error needs a reformat. Etc etc blackberrys are junk and a pain in the ****.. Never had a issue with any iOS device

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    01-23-13 11:00 AM
    I went from a 9930 that had a hardware malfunction and became unusable to a samsung galaxy 3 approx 2 months ago. I had BB's for 7 years, loved em, still do. But truth be told, the GS3 is incredible to say the least. I was always concerned about email and the overall communications that was always so great in BB.

Well, the GS3 handles email much better than I thought it would and quite frankly, it is in some ways better than the BB handles it. Overall, I like the GS3 better than any BB I've owned to date by a long shot....and I never thought I would say that since I thought the 9930 was so awesome. In the end, BB10 needs to really be incredible to lure me away from this device!
    01-23-13 11:52 AM
    I've been with VZW for over 7 years, and not too much interactions with the notorious CS so I've been spared the heartaches. First BlackBerry was a Curve 8330, fell in love with it, dropped it on my drive way and ran it over with my car, cried for a week straight. Then went and bought a Bold 9650, didn't quite love it as much as the curve but still loved it.... till I couldn't handle the slow processing speed. Joined the darkside, cheated on my BlackBerry for a slutty iPhone 4S and fell in love with that. But in the recent month after Steve Jobs' death (R.I.P), Apple has been doing some evil corporate shady type of business; suing all their competitors, patenting some of the stupidest stuff, and really turning me off with their way of business. So, as soon as time has come for my long awaited phone upgrade, I looked into some of the new cell phones rumors and boy was it the perfect timing, just in time for the BB10 launch!! I'm super excited to say I will be purchasing the new BB10 N-series, I've been missing the feel of a BB qwerty keyboard. These new touchscreen phones competing over who got the bigger screen ain't for me. I am sure I will fall in love with the new BB10's in the coming weeks!
    01-23-13 01:28 PM
    Hi,

Yet another iPhone convert here after 5 years of BlackBerry love! I got a cheap iPhone 4 to try for a month and it works better for my use. Some pros and cons...

BlackBerry 9700
    Pros:
    • CrackBerry - one of the best online communities
    • Physical keyboard is faster and more accurate
    • Compact, lightweight
    • Longer battery life and...
    • Spare battery
    • Faster data entry (email, social media, tasks, calendar, etc)
    • BlackBerry Bridge (Brilliant concept)
    • BIS/BES data compression - another great concept

Cons:
    • BIS sucks (iPhone PIMs sync better than BIS. BES is best, BB10 ActiveSync promises better still)
    • Fewer quality apps (My key apps - PocketInformant and Google Sync now gone)
    • Mac support really sucks
    • BIS (Australia) is becoming a premium add-on with less phone plans

iPhone 4
    Pros:
    • Better email than BIS
    • Better PIMs
    • Better OTA sync
    • More apps (means more competition)
    • Retina screen is awesome (BB X10 screen looks hopeful)
    • Camera worthy substitute for a compact camera (this coming from a veteran professional photographer)
    • More choice of carriers/plans
    • Works better with Apple computers
    • Google PIMs work

Cons:
    • Battery lasts a day at best
    • Virtual keyboard only option
    • Some carriers prevent tethering

FYI: Apple has always built a walled gardens in their OS and hardware - that's limiting but means less bugs. When on BlackBerry I enjoyed hybrids and jail breaking is very much the same.

My wife accidently drove over my favourite BlackBerry so that sealed my deal with the iPhone. So long CrackBerries and thanks for all the fish.

-- Robert.
    01-23-13 06:05 PM
    Switched my BB 9900 for a shiny Nexus 4 back in November and I can safely say I don't miss my BB anymore. Since last year saw my BBM contact list drop from 70 odd down to 3, the apps are still dire I mean anyone remember Facebook 2.0? Another thing I thought I'd miss would be the physical keyboard but touch keyboards have come a long way since the early iPhone and Android offerings. I'm not bashing BBs but I have had every flagship BB since the 9700 up til the 9900, they were not bad phones but they left a lot to be desired in terms of presentation. I hope BB10 does well because it does look interesting but if they can't get the app eco system right then I can't see droves of people converting to BB10, I mean throughout the years I've paid over �15 to run BeBuzz through the ridiculous upgrades just to customise the notification lights and that app was the best selling app for a long time.
    01-24-13 09:35 AM
    I had previously stated that I was switching to Windows phone, however the only one that meets my requirements (Ativ S) has been delayed and back-ordered through my corporate Bell rep. repeatedly. Yesterday I was told it is delayed again until mid February. I have modified my order to either the BB Z10 or the Ativ S whichever is available first.

Chance will decide my next phone.
    01-24-13 11:03 AM
    Been using iPhone4s & BlackBerry Bold 9900 I'm already contented with 4s for iPhone, but still thinking if I'm going to get iP5. For my BB 9900, I just love it's features! even though it's not touch screen, I like it's structure, the thinness and 7 OS. Well, I'm not switching my phone at all. I'm switching Amazon to MiniSuit for my BB and iPhone cases and covers. hihihi
    01-25-13 02:50 PM
    Going to the WP 920. Hope the Z10 shows up sooner rather than later.
    01-30-13 01:16 PM
    Moving from BB Bold 9900 to BB Z10 next week. I've had an amazing experience with my Bold and hope it continues with the Z10. I've also had an iPhone, Android and I think I've had my best experience on BlackBerry so far. I think I'll keep my Bold as a back up just in case
    01-30-13 03:08 PM
    So after reading that AT&T will not have the white version of z10, for months/year/whenever....I unfortunately might not make the switch. I'm sorry, the white is something i wanted, i don't want the generic black color since all my previous phones and blackberry's were just that. This unfortunately is a big deciding factor for me.
    02-01-13 03:04 PM
    I'm currently walking with a BlackBerry BOLD 9900 and an iPhone 5. But I will certainly look into the BlackBerry 10 with AT&T.
    02-01-13 08:27 PM
    All my smart phones have always been blackberry. Iphone and android have never really interested me as my blackberry phones have never let me down. I currently use a torch 9800 and will be picking up my pre-ordered z10 tuesday. If blackberry's ever disappear forever i will probably just enjoy my playbook and go back to a basic phone that just does calls and texts. No interest in other smart phones.
    02-01-13 09:53 PM
    I don't get it... If I have a BlackBerry and I'm getting a new BlackBerry I post in here? Getting a zed ten even tho I'm in the usa ima say like that :}
    02-02-13 08:36 PM
    I first had Bold 9900, then the Bold 9780 and now got Samsung Galaxy S3 - it's amazing!
    jezreel and intheb0x like this.
    02-06-13 08:39 AM
    Well here I am at the crossroads yet again. When RIM delayed introduction of BB10 handsets last year, I threw up my hands and got a S3. Tried it for a week. Went back to my 9930. Now after what I consider a very disappointing launch for the Z-10 and another 6 month delay for the Q10. I've decided to go with an iPhone5. I've always been a 2 device person. carrying my 9930 along with an iPod Touch. So it's a very easy transition for me. I've finally made peace with the touch's keyboard and I have some favorite apps that will transfer to the iPhone.

I'll keep an eye on doings here at Crackberry. In 6 months time I'll see how the release of the Q10 is looking. Once they get it dialed in, I'll consider coming back to the fold.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    02-08-13 01:00 AM
    Picked up an Ativ S WP8 yesterday passed the torch to my daughter, liking it so far will see how blackberry does over the next 18 months.
    02-08-13 11:57 AM
    Just picked up a Note 2. Had a 9800 and was really looking forward to the Z10. I was also an early Playbook adopter and it looks like the Z10 will follow in the same steps as the PB. I'm really enjoying the Note 2 and will keep an eye on BB development - who knows what's coming in a year or 2
    intheb0x likes this.
    02-08-13 08:23 PM
    I am still sore about RIM stringing us along for a year with theme studio 7, and then cancelling it abruptly. Now, after waiting for over a year for OS 10, it looks like it will be several more months for the Q10. And blaming the carriers for the delayed launch in the USA sounds like just another familiar excuse.

Like others, I'll carry on in Android he!! for a few more months. Maybe by the time RIM/BB has some hardware available in the USA, I'll get over my whiney attitude.
    02-09-13 06:22 PM
    After seeing the bb10 and wondering how much will it cost it was tempting until I find out that the bb10 will cost almost 1300$ in my country, yes u got that right 1300$ hahahaha.. Ridiculous, and It just make me more happy I've switched to other platform, a better one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Greenghost likes this.
    02-10-13 03:06 AM
    Woot!!! Coming back with a Blackberry z10
    02-19-13 11:35 AM
    Wow that's crazy 1,300 I'm glad you did switch believe me you're not missing anything with bb10
    02-19-13 04:51 PM
    I duel wield Z10 and an Android phone

Need about 5 more apps then it might be content with just the Z10
    02-21-13 11:30 PM
    I have a Torch 9810 as my personal phone and a Curve 8530 for work. My work place has a new 9300 series for me when I get back to work. I plan to change my 9810 (Horrible Battery life !) for either an Android or an Iphone , Windows Phone is laughable (I Actually used one ) . The Z10 is Aw some , but its selling for like $2000 Bds unlocked! I cant justify that much cash for a Phone. The Q10 is nowhere to be seen and the 9900 is a waste of time (looks sleek ,poor battery AGAIN!!!! Why Blackberry why???). So with my half dead 9810 I roll on ,looking for a new Phone ,the Samsung skyrocket looks good (1.5ghz dual Core ) could fit the bill .Will wait to see what else can be had .
    02-27-13 03:37 AM
    First time poster. I use a Bold 9700 (and an Itouch 5 on wifi) for mostly text, a bit of talk, and some twitter. Since I am near end of contract I am looking at the Curve 9320 with a new (for me) carrier. I have also been enticed by promotion plans on Iphone 4, knowing how old that technology is already. Can anyone tell me if I am making a mistake switching from the 9700 to the 9320? I am looking forward to the release of the Q10, but hesitant to pick it up immediately just in case it has some bugs to work out. I figure the 9320 can carry me for a year or so until I have to make up my mind again
    03-02-13 05:28 PM
    Sounds like a plan to me lol :thumbup:
    03-06-13 05:05 AM
3,266 ... 7374757677 ...