Hello. What does it means when my signal goes from 1XEV to 1xev? I'm getting that from time to time and as a result my browser does not work. I'm assuming it means the data plan is not connected?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 04:25 PM
    I'll wait to see, but I think it might mean you're roaming. That would be why your browser's working slowly. Roamers end up low on the food chain.

Last edited by T�nis; 03-14-11 at 04:33 PM.
    03-14-11 04:31 PM
    1xev means that your data stream is below usable threshold, at least in most cases for using the browser. You'll still have BBM and messaging, but your browser will be nearly useless.

03-14-11 04:37 PM
    you should still have data services available... usually when the device switches to 1Xev, you can only use voice or data, just not at the same time... i think it is a network / reception issue...

What carrier are you with ?
    03-14-11 04:42 PM
    1XEV: 3G with data
    1X: 2G with data
    1xev: 3G no data
    1x: 2G no data

03-14-11 05:11 PM
    1xev means that your data stream is below usable threshold, at least in most cases for using the browser. You'll still have BBM and messaging, but your browser will be nearly useless.

Incorrect.

you should still have data services available... usually when the device switches to 1Xev, you can only use voice or data, just not at the same time... i think it is a network / reception issue...

What carrier are you with ?
    Incorrect.

1XEV: 3G with data
    1X: 2G with data
    1xev: 3G no data
    1x: 2G no data

Correct.
    03-14-11 07:49 PM
    Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Correct.
    While ridesno has labeled the different categories, and regardless of your disagreement, when on 1xev, I do still receive BBM and MMS messages, but cannot use the browser. Browser is fine at 1XEV and slower at 1X. I've also had 1XEV and no data due to the occasional dumps of BIS.

Last edited by BergerKing; 03-14-11 at 08:24 PM.
    03-14-11 08:18 PM
    I'm on sprint PCS. This only happens at work...anyone know why that is? Just poor 3G coverage? My browser doesn't work, neither does email and text. Voice seems to work fine. Thanks guys...
    03-14-11 09:12 PM
    You may be having a tower issue nearby, or your building may be interfering with your signal. I have a friend on Verizon that has a tower problem near his work, you might contact customer service and see if there is a trouble ticket written up for that location.

You may also want to go to Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options>click Menu (BB) key, Update PRL. I had to do this twice to correct the same data issue you seem to be having. Figure it's worth a shot before calling customer Service.

Last edited by BergerKing; 03-14-11 at 10:21 PM.
    03-14-11 10:17 PM
    I'm on sprint PCS. This only happens at work...anyone know why that is? Just poor 3G coverage? My browser doesn't work, neither does email and text. Voice seems to work fine. Thanks guys...
    You could also have an issue where if you've connect to the office WIFI, the corporate firewalling/content filtering for outgoing traffic might be blocking your BB data connections. You can easily test this by simply disconnecting from WIFI if you have it on your phone and see if your data returns after a few secs/minutes. If it's not this, then it's more than likely a tower issue. Also, if WIFI and corporate content filtering is not the issue, I would also make sure the company doesn't have some kind of Sprint signal booster installed for thier employees. If that's the case, then your phone is most likely connecting to that and succeptable to whatever issues that booster has.

Just mentioning things most people wouldn't think of....
    03-15-11 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD