I work at a college that has about a dozen BB users receiving duplicate emails (BIS users only affected)...more like Zombie emails. These emails have been deleted from the BB device...but strangely come back. It has been going on for over a week now. This is not just a few emails but hundreds. I went to the Verizon store they said it wasn't a problem with Verizon but with our IT dept. Our IT dept says there is nothing they can do because it's on the BIS - they say it's a blackberry problem. We found out that it's not only affecting Verizon customers but also AT&T and Sprint. I have deleted my work email account from BB several times and then added it back - but still these Zombie emails come back. Is there anything that I can tell my IT dept? I am stuck in the middle here and it's driving me nuts! I am ready to jump ship and go to droid!
    07-19-11 12:39 PM
    It is an issue with UIDs of the emails thermselves. Unique Identifiers. If the school mail system changes the identifiers or if BIS cannot read them correctly, then they appear as new and will be delivered to the handset. I have seen it happen many times using Yahoo, but your situation may not be so. Have you contacted RIM either directly or through your carrier for assistance?

Here is a link to SOME information regarding duplicate emails.
    07-19-11 01:14 PM
    Can you tell me how to look at the UIDs?
    07-19-11 02:17 PM
    I have the same problem with one email. I have removed all of my email accounts, resulting in the loss of my favorite BIS usernames. I have reinstalled service books, removed folder database and done countless battery pulls.

The only thing I have found that works is saving the message to the Saved folder and leaving it there. As long as I have a saved copy, the email won't reappear. If I remove the saved msg, the message will reappear within minutes.

I use Gmail only. The message has been deleted from Gmail long ago. Even with no email accounts, the message still appears. I have no idea where this message keeps coming from. Maddening.

Try the saved message trick and see if that works. It doesn't fix the root problem but if I saw that same message one more time, I was going to throw my Blackberry across the parking lot.
    08-09-11 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD