Just wanted to post this for the interested german speaking crowd. Short Zeit article about a BlackBerry user and his struggle with continuing using BlackBerry....

BlackBerry: "Millionen Tasten! Wie krass ist das denn?!" | ZEIT ONLINE

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 05:46 PM
    "And in the bus no one looks at me anymore"

Haha, seriously? We've to buy phones according to what's trendy, so we can be approved by the society xD.

Switch for the apps, the innovation and the technology. Not because you're perceived as a dinosaur.
    09-30-16 06:00 PM
    Thanks for the Article, been reading some of the comments and it's a shame that so of the BB10 users don't know that they can still use the Android WhatsApp after December.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 07:33 PM
    The last line of the article is meant the opposite way. The author doesn't want to express his relief that nobody stares at him anymore, but rather his dismay and disappointment that something that used to make him feel special has vanished from his life.

Maybe a German thing.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 07:51 PM
    The last line of the article is meant the opposite way. The author doesn't want to express his relief that nobody stares at him anymore, but rather his dismay and disappointment that something that used to make him feel special has vanished from his life.

Maybe a German thing.

Posted via CB10
    Oh Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't see it that way due to how many people complain from that issue. It makes sense because he said how unique he felt in the beginning. Definitely a neat ending to the article.
    10-01-16 12:47 AM
    I understand that one should not buy a product to be trendy and such....well at least not for the major reason.

With my Classic I must admit I have sometimes similar thoughts as the author. I have a Samsung android too..and I do see all the different workarounds, problems etc. my daily driver (Classic) has. I ask myself why do I not switch completely to the newer devise, and one of the answers is that on some level I just don't want to be another slab-android-user. But we have to admit: NOT wanting to be part of a mainstream as a reason use a devise is in the end similar teenage-like than wanting to be trendy or so. Of course there are other reasons for me to use the Classic.

Do not some of us confidently put our Classics/Q10s etc. on the table in a cafe/bar...happy it's not another slab ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 03:23 AM
    Thanks for the Article, been reading some of the comments and it's a shame that so of the BB10 users don't know that they can still use the Android WhatsApp after December.

Posted via CB10
    Again another work around, which will not work too well....

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 03:42 AM
    Again another work around, which will not work too well....

Posted via CB10
    I know how important WhatsApp has always been in Germany, so there's no reason to ditch BB10 Just because WA stopped working fully. I think we're all used to work arounds anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 05:15 AM
    What about Allo. Is it possible to use it also?
    10-01-16 09:52 AM