Hi All,

Getting tired of my iphone 4s, have wanted a BBZ for a while. The iphone was an impulse buy, love my Mac computer, but the phone is crap.

Any issues with not having java support?

Can I send messages to someone with imessage?

How is battery life?
    dlg18 likes this.
    07-22-14 09:28 AM
    I have the Z30 and love it, your imessage will have to be disconnected as i msg my wife on her iphone 5 and the battery on my Z is great easily all day using it quite a bit,
    07-22-14 10:08 AM
    the z30 is a power house. it competes w/ the s5 no problem, in my eyes. do it!

tell your imessage users to get #BBM
    07-22-14 10:13 AM
    My 30 is a beast

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 10:14 AM
    Since you have a Mac I'd wait a couple months for the Iphone 6 since the Continuity features of IOS 8 with your Mac will be something not available with Android or BB10.
    Galifrey and dragon77 like this.
    07-22-14 10:14 AM
    I love my Z30. I use it all day for calls, messages, Web browsing, pictures, video recording, etc., and the battery last for approximately 32 hours. I love being able to hook up a wireless mouse and keyboard, and USB drive through the USB OTG adapter while projecting my phone screen to a monitor or TV either through miracast or HDMI cable. This phone is definitely a "powerhouse" like someone called it above.

Posted via CB10
    propeller10 likes this.
    07-22-14 10:21 AM
    Since you have a Mac I'd wait a couple months for the Iphone 6 since the Continuity features of IOS 8 with your Mac will be something not available with Android or BB10.
    But BlackBerry blend is coming soon and it will bring some of that continuity cross-platform (tablets/mac/etc) , whether it will be available for consumers though is another issue

Check Out TechCraze
    07-22-14 12:51 PM
    But BlackBerry blend is coming soon and it will bring some of that continuity cross-platform (tablets/mac/etc) , whether it will be available for consumers though is another issue

Check Out TechCraze
    That won't even be near the same level of integration ad iOS. Any mac owner is doing them self a fisher vice by not seriously considering an iPhone. That cannot be denied no matter what forum you're on.

And the S5 poops all over the Z30. 5 hat phone isn't even near the same level of hardware as the S5 and is quite bad compared to it in a number of ways.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
    sentimentGX4 and boeingrules like this.
    07-22-14 01:00 PM
    That won't even be near the same level of integration ad iOS. Any mac owner is doing them self a fisher vice by not seriously considering an iPhone. That cannot be denied no matter what forum you're on.

And the S5 poops all over the Z30. 5 hat phone isn't even near the same level of hardware as the S5 and is quite bad compared to it in a number of ways.

Hardware this.. hardware that. Software runs hardware fyi!

Posted via CB10
    lift, tinochiko, peednus and 2 others like this.
    07-22-14 01:12 PM

Also if the guy says he hates his iPhone (which he did) ... what's going to change with the new iPhone? wouldn't it be the same damn software Mr iseller!

Posted via CB10
    lift, tinochiko, Q10Bold and 1 others like this.
    07-22-14 01:13 PM
    Hardware this.. hardware that. Software runs hardware fyi!

Posted via CB10
    The software is also good. I'm not sure what your point is. It will get better as well, since the phone is likely to be supported over two years like every other Samsung flagship released since 2011.

Software won't make the Screen, GPU, or Camera any better. Hardware matters and the Z30 is like 3 yeas behind the S5 at this point. The disparity is way too great to ignore or brush off.

sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-22-14 01:14 PM
    I would not wait for the iPhone 6. you said it yourself that iPhones are junk even though they make a computer that you like. If you're tired of iPhone than get the z30. The Z series is no joke. Provides a great blackberry experience. I wouldn't risk going back to apple knowing that you already dislike their mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-22-14 01:16 PM
    The OP is getting tired of his iphone which he called crap. So why would anyone here suggest another iphone? Forget about the S5, android is crap too. The Z30 is an awesome phone and pretty much anyone who bought one loves it (including myself). Just get the Z30. You will not be disappointed.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-22-14 01:22 PM
    Come on guys please remain civil and help the OP. None of the major 4 OS are "crap" and you would be a fool to think that.
    07-22-14 01:45 PM
    OP you asked a couple of questions that both have easy answers I will tackle the easiest one first.

Battery life on the Z30 is wonderful, so too is the GS5 - I know this as I currently own both. Both easily get me through a days work and then some.

iMessage will not work on anything but an iDevice. You will not have access to iMessage on anything not made by Apple. There are other good messaging systems including BBM and Android's Hangouts.

There are things to like about both phones. I guess it comes down to Android or BB10 . These 2 are among the best phones at what they do. If I could only have one, I would take the GS 5 but there are many others here who would disagreee. Fortuantely I can have both :-).
    TgeekB, ghundiraj, Jrox74 and 1 others like this.
    07-22-14 02:00 PM
    Did no one listen to Howarmat? To call any of the OS's "crap" means your just in it to argue.

Sent from my N5
    propeller10 likes this.
    07-22-14 02:03 PM
    Anyway.. no longer helping the OP, my suggestion would be to read up on both.. check out 10.3 and what's coming so you know the potential of the Z30.. I've played around with the S5 but at the end of the day BlackBerry10 just does it for me, options, ingenuity, and always improving

Check Out TechCraze
    07-22-14 02:06 PM
    OP - could you expand on what you mean by java support?

Check Out TechCraze
    07-22-14 02:08 PM
    LOL - Samsung products are crap imo - I've had S3, S4, Note 3 & a Note 8 tablet - They all look the same and they all lag after a while although I think it has more to do with their crappy Touchwiz software than hardware. No more Sammy for this guy. iPhones, (even older ones) on the other hand are so much more fluid than any Sammy product.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 07-22-14 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted nonsense.
    darwincruz20 and CerveloJohn like this.
    07-22-14 02:16 PM
    Here we go again ...

Thread closed for review.

and clean-up.
    07-22-14 02:26 PM
    Thread has been cleaned and reopened. Any more bickering or off-topic nonsense, there will be some of these in someone's future.

[WARN]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/WARN]
    07-22-14 03:09 PM
    The only issue I had with Samsung is bloatware and SD cards failing. Fix? Nexus 5.

Sent from my N5
    And another fix for Samsung Bloatware is Cyanogenmod.
    07-22-14 03:48 PM
    And another fix for Samsung Bloatware is Cyanogenmod.
    And another fix is BlackBerry 10

Check Out TechCraze
    lift, ghundiraj, nick13b and 3 others like this.
    07-22-14 03:53 PM
    LOL - Samsung products are crap imo - I've had S3, S4, Note 3 & a Note 8 tablet - They all look the same and they all lag after a while although I think it has more to do with their crappy Touchwiz software than hardware. No more Sammy for this guy. iPhones, (even older ones) on the other hand are so much more fluid than any Sammy product.
    This is why Samsung should stick to hardware and stay out of software. If you still own those devices install pure Android in them and notice the difference.
    07-22-14 03:58 PM
    And my fix was the Nexus 5.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-22-14 03:59 PM
105 123 ...