Fair point..... but even with Vodafone still supplying BlackBerry, you have to say UK in general is not really supporting BlackBerry.

Which is such a disappointment.

Posted via my Z10 music monster!
    They won't until there's a reason to sell them. If they lost Vodafone they'd truly be knackered, they at least have that outlet now - and ironically, that is probably good for Vodafone themselves, because they can offer a point of difference to the other carriers, i.e. want a BlackBerry? You need to talk to us....

For now, BlackBerry at least have a chance, and if via Vodafone sales improve, then the other carriers will pay attention.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:33 AM
    I agree!

08-10-14 06:35 AM
    Fair point..... but even with Vodafone still supplying BlackBerry, you have to say UK in general is not really supporting BlackBerry.

Which is such a disappointment.

Strange. I visited the UK/London a few months ago, and have to say, I never ever saw so many BBs in the wild, in any other country, since the good old BB days. Not only being used by suit-wearers, but also by kids and (house?)wifes. I would say, an estimated 30% of all phone users that I saw on the street or tube used BBs. Mostly BBOS devices though. But there should be a market in the UK.....
    08-10-14 06:44 AM
    Strange. I visited the UK/London a few months ago, and have to say, I never ever saw so many BBs in the wild, in any other country, since the good old BB days. Not only being used by suit-wearers, but also by kids and (house?)wifes. I would say, an estimated 30% of all phone users that I saw on the street or tube used BBs. Mostly BBOS devices though. But there should be a market in the UK.....
    Just like the US, BlackBerry surrendered their market, so numbers have dropped, it's work issued Curves that you tend to see rather than new ones. They have to rebuild from the ground up.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:56 AM
    I saw it a week ago at Carphone Warehouse in Brent Cross. They had all blackberry 10 devices. Even I saw it at Oxford circus CW

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 08:16 AM
    Yeah I haven't heard about CPW stopping sale of Z30, it's rare and I don't know if they'll order more when stocks run out, but they have it at big stores..

Check Out TechCraze
    08-10-14 09:00 AM
    Nothing stopping anyone changing providers at the end of a contract.

Posted via CB10

Yes love but he likes his.

O2 is the best provider where I live in the UK, best for signal

Same thing as with AT&T.....the Z30 never arrived and the ones bought off BlackBerry don't get LTE, as three trusted friends on this site have told me.
    Flatman and Luke Congreve like this.
    08-10-14 09:13 AM
    Yes love but he likes his.
    Still not the point, the posts were saying NO ONE did it, and that's not the case - as he's accepted! Saying 'my carrier doesn't do BlackBerry' is a different, and perfectly legitimate argument.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:16 AM
    Still not the point, the posts were saying NO ONE did it, and that's not the case - as he's accepted! Saying 'my carrier doesn't do BlackBerry' is a different, and perfectly legitimate argument.

Posted via CB10

That's true. The original post was incorrect.
    08-10-14 09:17 AM
    I just ordered 42 Z-30's from Bell for my staff...came in within 2 days, all free!

The cases from CB are on back order though...lol
    lift likes this.
    08-10-14 10:58 AM
    go here Compare BlackBerry Z30 black Mobile Phone Deals at the top select "change network" and choose O2
    08-10-14 02:29 PM
    Yeah that makes sense. He's up for a contract renewal so let's go spend $500 on a new phone.
    Perfect sense! You can get a better rate using your own phone and can move to different carriers as you see fit when not locked into a contract.
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-10-14 03:39 PM
    He's up for an upgrade though.
    I haven't looked at Amazon UK, but Amazon US does contracts too. And a lot of the time they undercut the carriers' subsidy prices. The trade-off is that 1. you are limited to whatever plans they offer (i.e. not very accommodating to grandfathered customers,) and 2. there may be an extra ETF involved.

Perfect sense! You can get a better rate using your own phone and can move to different carriers as you see fit when not locked into a contract.
    Good suggestion generally speaking, but the OP has decided to stick with O2. So if you know you're going to stay with one carrier--at least for the duration of the contract, and you don't pay any less for BYOD, then why not get the phone subsidized?
    08-10-14 05:17 PM
    I haven't looked at Amazon UK, but Amazon US does contracts too. And a lot of the time they undercut the carriers' subsidy prices. The trade-off is that 1. you are limited to whatever plans they offer (i.e. not very accommodating to grandfathered customers,) and 2. there may be an extra ETF involved.

Good suggestion generally speaking, but the OP has decided to stick with O2. So if you know you're going to stay with one carrier--at least for the duration of the contract, and you don't pay any less for BYOD, then why not get the phone subsidized?
    Oh I've only bought phones here. I missed out on the 9790 because I didn't get it when they had it at Vodaphone across the pond. I think it was only in T-Mobile here.

Actually I don't think I've ever bought a phone online from a source other that AT&T. Not counting the Q10 which I bought here, of course.
    08-10-14 05:22 PM
    May not belong in this thread, but just noticed a Rogers Z30 sale in BlackberryWorld.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...&asc_refid=z30

Z30 unavailable!-img_20140810_223232.png

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:37 PM
    I have an old family shared plan which is cheaper than theirs newest plans, I wanted to upgrade one of our devices to Z30 and it was not eligible unless our family plan were changed to newest plan. Z10, Z5 or Q10 were all eligible. Really mad at Rogers! But it may also say Z30 is in high demand and also short of availability.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:03 PM
    go here Compare BlackBerry Z30 black Mobile Phone Deals at the top select "change network" and choose O2
    Nice one cheers!

08-11-14 07:58 AM
42 12