Hello everyone, I currently own a Z30 and will be purchasing the DTEK50 in December/January and have the following questions/concerns:

1) How do I transfer over my contacts, pictures, videos, text messages and apps, since I don’t think the Blackberry Link desktop software will work.
    2) The DTEK50 is an android phone; will it recognize my Blackberry ID so I can easily transfer my BBM contacts and groups?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Daniel
    09-08-16 09:06 AM
    The Dtek should recognize your BBID so your BBM contacts will populate. However, all your current convos will be lost. You cannot copy them over.

As for pictures, videos you need to save them somewhere on an SD card or your PC and drag them to your new device later.
    apps....you will be needing all new ones so no worry there. None of the Z30 apps will work on MM.

text messages are going to have to be saved with an app that you install on your Z30 now and export the convos with. Then you can install the same app on your dtek and import the convos back. I never got that to work for me, but sms is no big deal to me anyway. I routinely just delete convos when finished anyway.
    09-08-16 09:26 AM
    Hello everyone, I currently own a Z30 and will be purchasing the DTEK50 in December/January and have the following questions/concerns:

1) How do I transfer over my contacts, pictures, videos, text messages and apps, since I don’t think the Blackberry Link desktop software will work.
    2) The DTEK50 is an android phone; will it recognize my Blackberry ID so I can easily transfer my BBM contacts and groups?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Daniel
    There is a "Contact Transfer" app which lets you selectively transfer stuff over. Just be sure you know your home WiFi password before you start (unlike me)! An instruction sheet that comes with the phone walked me through it.
    09-08-16 09:30 AM
    Thank you JayDee, so when my DTEK50 is loading up it will ask me to enter my Blackberry ID (login and password). I remember when I got my Z30 and turned it on for the first time, it asked for that. The BBM convos will not be saved, that’s fine. I just want my BBM contacts and BBM groups to transfer over.

Pictures and videos – that sounds easy enough

In regards to text messages, I have an app called “Ultimate Backup” which is amazing. I wonder if the DTEK50 will have this same app.

Thanks so much for your help.
    09-08-16 09:40 AM
    There is a "Contact Transfer" app which lets you selectively transfer stuff over. Just be sure you know your home WiFi password before you start (unlike me)! An instruction sheet that comes with the phone walked me through it.
    I never heard of the "Contact Transfer" app. That would be pretty sweet. Like i said in my previous message, I have an app called "Ultimate Backup" so that might do the trick too.
    09-08-16 09:42 AM
    I never heard of the "Contact Transfer" app. That would be pretty sweet. Like i said in my previous message, I have an app called "Ultimate Backup" so that might do the trick too.
    That should be "Content Transfer" App.
    09-08-16 09:59 AM
    Similar outlook in my family. There will be more than a few in the same boat.

My dad is on a Z30 and a WhatsApp user... communicates with people in Europe.

Now I will probably have to shout him a DTEK50 come December, if we can't have WhatsApp working reliably on BB10 via Android APK or other hacks...

:-D

Any ideas?

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-08-16 06:12 PM