Yep I agree..definitely bull. Your phone stops charging once it reaches 100.

Also if you look at the charging graphs below..when it is close to 100 your phones slowly decrease it's charge speed.

Attachment 286157

I always leave my phone on change once I go to bed and remove from change when I wake up..and if not all the time by phone has already been changed in the middle of the night.

Probably what the OP was doing was using the phone while it was changing..which is a very bad idea as battery temperature increase while changing speed is at it's max. So if he was using the phone while changing, temp would go up even more and can damage the battery.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    Not really it's recommended, if you are using the device as a hotspot that it should remain plugged in. Its pretty difficult to damage these new batteries,unless the device is defective. Samsung had issues and some IOS devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 03:04 PM
    Not really it's recommended, if you are using the device as a hotspot that it should remain plugged in. Its pretty difficult to damage these new batteries,unless the device is defective. Samsung had issues and some IOS devices.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Unless you have a lemon you can't overcharge them.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-20-14 03:06 PM
    Hi everyone, I have had a Z30 for about 6 months and I am struggling to get the amazing battery life that everyone else seems to get. I barely get 14 hours with only light usage. I have taken my brightness level down as low as possible and only have NFC on permanently, I toggle bluetooth and wifi on and off. I am using OS 10.2.1.2977.
    Attachment 286092
    Well, the question is, is the Z30 battery life materially better than the battery life you got from your previously phone when used in a similar way? As someone pointed out above, different strokes for different folks. Someone (like me) will get good 16 hours with heavy messaging and 1 Netflix movie. For that same level of activity, I barely got through 8 hours with my N4. MotoG gave me couple of hours more.
    07-20-14 03:26 PM
    Agree. Unless you have a lemon you can't overcharge them.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    I agree you can't overcharge your phone.

But you can damage the battery or degrade it's capacity to hold a charge overtime if it reaches a certain temperature (higher temp frequently), that's why I was saying it's better not to physically use your phone while it's on change, so to have a lesser change of your phone reaching that temperature.

And since the BlackBerry Z30 doesn't have a removable battery option..its even more imperative to have good charging habits.

Last edited by RafiqK; 07-20-14 at 04:00 PM.
    07-20-14 03:47 PM
    Okay, so i have a Q10 and Z30 and both get better battery life than the OP's screen shot. This might not make sense but is simply my opinion and what I've found to be true, but I'm just a singular example. The battery is like a fire, stop throwing wood on it and it goes out. So what I mean is, use the phone less and it seems it shows less battery life availability. Use the phone more and it shows more battery life left. I think it's more of an issue that the calculation of what's left is wrong, but you never find out cause it goes on the charger. It's how the remaining hours are calibrated based on current usage.

Sent from my...go ahead and guess?
    07-20-14 04:04 PM
    Yep, the graph is the time remaining left is based on your current usage st that time and changes depending on your current usage.

Based on the OP's graph..it looks like it's perfectly fine to me because the OP was using the phone extensively st that particular time he/she took that screen shot.

Also OP make sure "diagnostics" option is turned off.

And BlackBerry Link option is turned on on the phone if you don't wirelessly transfer files/view files from your computer on your device.

07-20-14 04:09 PM
    Threads like these pop up all the time regarding the Z30. People think it's going to get them two days of usage no matter what they do with it because of what some people have posted in here regarding "amazing battery life." The battery life is good, but it's not some game changer or the battery of all batteries in a phone. It gets solid battery life but isn't going to last you all day if you use it constantly like some people do. Anyone that says they get over 12 hours on "heavy" usage makes me question what their definition of "heavy" usage is. I'm not saying that they don't get that battery life, but "heavy" usage for that person might be several text messages or BBM's throughout the day. If you actually TALK on the phone it's going to significantly drain your battery life. I talk on mine regularly throughout the day and I'm lucky to get through a full workday with it.

OP I think you get pretty good battery life with your usage but I think you've been caught up in the nonsense that goes on in here that the Z30 will give you 2 days of usage no matter how you use it.

Does it get better battery life than a lot of other phones? Yes. Is it some magical battery that will withstand anything you do with the phone? No. It's a good battery but it won't keep you from a charger throughout the day if you are on it all the time.
    07-20-14 07:45 PM
    Threads like these pop up all the time regarding the Z30. People think it's going to get them two days of usage no matter what they do with it because of what some people have posted in here regarding "amazing battery life." The battery life is good, but it's not some game changer or the battery of all batteries in a phone. It gets solid battery life but isn't going to last you all day if you use it constantly like some people do. Anyone that says they get over 12 hours on "heavy" usage makes me question what their definition of "heavy" usage is. I'm not saying that they don't get that battery life, but "heavy" usage for that person might be several text messages or BBM's throughout the day. If you actually TALK on the phone it's going to significantly drain your battery life. I talk on mine regularly throughout the day and I'm lucky to get through a full workday with it.

OP I think you get pretty good battery life with your usage but I think you've been caught up in the nonsense that goes on in here that the Z30 will give you 2 days of usage no matter how you use it.

Does it get better battery life than a lot of other phones? Yes. Is it some magical battery that will withstand anything you do with the phone? No. It's a good battery but it won't keep you from a charger throughout the day if you are on it all the time.
    BS! The guy above talked a lot on his z30 and it still lasted Him a lot. You failed to touch on the key point.: basically on bb10, whatever regular battery life you get, take out 3 hours if you start using the BROWSER.... that thing burns it like hell. avoid that and I think you could go 2 full days (work days) so about 16 hours

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 10:35 PM
    I know I'm irrelevant rn but my battery life on z10, standby mode has been awesome today.
    Z30 battery life is not good for me.-img_20140720_213714.png

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 11:40 PM
    I get 24 hours of medium use. Using the video camera, taking pictures, playing some puzzles, browsing ,texting , and bbm, medium use easily. Also my browser only uses less than 2% of my battery...

From my ? phone
    07-20-14 11:46 PM
    The OP has 16 hours with heavy use and 5 to go. I think thats normal for the Z30 nothing wrong there.

Differentiate or Die
    07-21-14 01:00 AM
    BS! The guy above talked a lot on his z30 and it still lasted Him a lot. You failed to touch on the key point.: basically on bb10, whatever regular battery life you get, take out 3 hours if you start using the BROWSER.... that thing burns it like hell. avoid that and I think you could go 2 full days (work days) so about 16 hours

Posted via CB10
    Lol u know I agree with this.

To me, looks like the OP has been using his browser pretty much any time their screen was on. I wish I could go three hours on my Z10 and still be around 80%.

OP....try to use the browser less and I guarantee you see better battery life. sadly, as good as the browser is, it drains battery like nothing else lol

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 01:04 AM
    I know I'm irrelevant rn but my battery life on z10, standby mode has been awesome today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140720_213714.png 
Views:	540 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	286249

Posted via CB10
    I can see that you're not using your phone. Lol.
    07-21-14 01:49 AM
    I can see that you're not using your phone. Lol.
    Yep I agree lol

07-21-14 02:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    I mentioned browser usage earlier in the thread, pay attention. And the guy above talked "a lot?" What definition determines a lot? I'm not going to get into a debate with you because A. You don't own a Z30 and B. You constantly try to defend the Z10 battery saying you get tremendous battery life with "heavy" use. The Z10 battery is awful and there isn't any defending it.

I didn't say the Z30 battery was bad, I said it's not some magical battery that will last 2 days no matter what you do with it which is 100% factual. So take your "BS" comments and walk away.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-21-14 07:48 AM
    I had this problem.. just check the app permissions.. cut off any access to "run in background " then u r good to go

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:59 AM
    I mentioned browser usage earlier in the thread, pay attention. And the guy above talked "a lot?" What definition determines a lot? I'm not going to get into a debate with you because A. You don't own a Z30 and B. You constantly try to defend the Z10 battery saying you get tremendous battery life with "heavy" use. The Z10 battery is awful and there isn't any defending it.

I didn't say the Z30 battery was bad, I said it's not some magical battery that will last 2 days no matter what you do with it which is 100% factual. So take your "BS" comments and walk away.
    "Z10 battery is awful ".. do you say the same about the iPhone 5s? That happens to have a smaller battery than the z10? Could the z10 have had bigger battery? Yes.. but 1800mah isn't small and anything you notice is the fault of the OS.

So here are the 3 options
    1. IPhone battery is awful just like z10
    2. Bb10 needs more os optimization
    3. Z10 battery could have been bigger but since the os offers true multitasking the battery drain can be forgiven

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:15 PM
    Z30 battery life is not good for me.-img_20140728_054457.png

Just took it off charge am BAM! 3 days.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 01:50 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140728_054457.png 
Views:	843 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	287379

Just took it off charge am BAM! 3 days.

Posted via CB10
    Lol that means nothing! Start to use your phone and it will go down considerably.

You make me laugh..

kbz1960 likes this.
    07-28-14 02:32 AM
    How's mine looking

Z30 battery life is not good for me.-img_20140728_011743.png

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 03:18 AM
    Z30 battery life is not good for me.-img_20140728_205139.png

Been using my Z30 since 4am it's now 8.53pm
    Facebook, Twitter, emailing, phone calls, texting, BBM, Browsing and an hour long Webinar. Even at 49% still have 1 day & 9 hours of life left.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 02:57 PM
    Yep I agree..definitely bull. Your phone stops charging once it reaches 100.

Also if you look at the charging graphs below..when it is close to 100 your phones slowly decrease it's charge speed.

Attachment 286157

I always leave my phone on change once I go to bed and remove from change when I wake up..and if not all the time by phone has already been changed in the middle of the night.

Probably what the OP was doing was using the phone while it was changing..which is a very bad idea as battery temperature increase while changing speed is at it's max. So if he was using the phone while changing, temp would go up even more and can damage the battery.

What battery app is that?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    08-06-14 12:43 AM
    Here you go!

Check out BX Battery Info in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20322138

I use the pro version..i think it's totally worth it.

08-06-14 12:53 AM
    I have that app, but do you notice that there is a white bar of empty space on the active frame for the Z30?

08-06-14 12:55 AM
    I have that app, but do you notice that there is a white bar of empty space on the active frame for the Z30?

Yes I have noticed that!..reason is because the dev has not updated the app since the Z30 release, thus the active frame only supports the Q10 and Z10 screen size atm.

I know it suks..i wish it would support the Z30 screen size for the active frame, but it looks like the dev has stopped support for this app.

Non the less..the app works really well the way it is..so I don't mind still using it.

08-06-14 12:59 AM
63 123