So I want to upgrade my Z10 to Z30, but was told that Z30 is on back order. I'm with Bell Canada but the order is placed through one of Bell's resellers. I've heard that Blackberry isn't selling their devices very well but does this mean they are doing better?
    05-21-14 08:53 AM
    What is back order?

Posted via CB10
    convenor likes this.
    05-21-14 08:56 AM
    What is back order?

Posted via CB10
    'coming soon'

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 09:00 AM
    'coming soon'

Posted via CB10
    Am not sure that is accurate, only because in my mind the coming soon is more associated with a device that has not launched.

I would say it is out of stock and we have ordered some more but have not received any yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 09:02 AM
    Thanks guys, doesn't that mean this is good

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 09:04 AM
    Not necessarily, they could simple just being shipping per order.. instead of having stock collecting dust on shelves.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-21-14 09:26 AM
    Back order typically means they have no stock available, and they are waiting for a new shipment of devices. This could be good in the sense that they are selling like crazy, and ran out of Z30's, or this could mean they only had 4, they sold them and instead of bringing in new stock, they wait for a bunch orders, place them in "Back order" and once they have enough to justify the order, they will get a new shipment from BB.
    JesseBabe23 and BoldPreza like this.
    05-21-14 09:30 AM
    My carrier also went out of stock so i had to order it from them.

From my ? phone.
    05-21-14 10:26 AM
    'coming soon'

Posted via CB10
    That was the old BlackBerry logo followed by delayed.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.3175/3140
    05-21-14 11:57 AM
    When I took my sister to buy hers from a Bell store we got the only one they had in stock. After trying to talk her out of the phone, the sales guy finally relented and activated it after he saw I already had a Z10.

I then used the one time switch via BlackBerry ID from her 9900 to her new Z30 while standing in the store. As her contacts all came over and I set various things up, the salesguy was watching and kept saying " I didn't know it could do that," or "How did you do that?"

All which leads me to believe we might have bought the one and ONLY Z30 they had ever had in stock.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    05-21-14 12:52 PM
    Am not sure that is accurate, only because in my mind the coming soon is more associated with a device that has not launched.

I would say it is out of stock and we have ordered some more but have not received any yet.

Posted via CB10
    Well, 'coming soon' is all that matters. It isn't in the store, or it isn't released... either way 'coming soon'

Or 'more coming soon' I guess

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 01:36 PM
    So I want to upgrade my Z10 to Z30, but was told that Z30 is on back order. I'm with Bell Canada but the order is placed through one of Bell's resellers. I've heard that Blackberry isn't selling their devices very well but does this mean they are doing better?
    My corporate plan is through Baka Mobility, which is a Bell reseller. A couple of weeks ago I switched from the Z10 to the Z30....picked up the new phone the next day. Let's hope your problems are the result of huge sales! Its a great phone so keep looking!
    05-21-14 01:50 PM
    My Z30 was on back order.. got it in a week. Awesome phone.
    thekidshop likes this.
    05-21-14 02:45 PM
    Backorder has become a go to word to describe out of stock for everyone including BlackBerry. Sounds better

05-21-14 06:07 PM
    My mom's Galaxy S2 died on her a couple of weeks ago and she made the switch to a Z30. She's also with Bell and had to wait 4 days for it to be shipped to her local shop.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 06:17 PM
    carrying less inventory has become even more popular and important strategy lately. Good to see blackberry's getting sold, heard The Source is having a hard time selling their Samsung S5's. HA! lol
    05-21-14 10:09 PM
    Cancel your order with Bell and buy direct from BlackBerry. You'll get it sooner.
    05-22-14 12:15 AM
    They are stocking less or none of a product that isn't selling.

Not a good sign no matter how you look at it.

No one carries "in store".
    Harder to find on the Web.
    New phones announced.
    JC seems stuck on keyboard phones.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-22-14 07:24 AM
    Only way a carrier is going to stock devices in bulk is if they have a constant demand. The fact it is on back order just proves the point the demand for the device is weak enough not to stock new devices beyond what is needed for support purposes (ie replacement phones and such). It would be nice if the demand was bleeding the on hand supply, but I think its more like a special order.
    05-22-14 07:33 AM
    The Bell dealer I deal with had it on back order for a week. They are getting 120 of them in this morning. Must be doing half decent if they are getting that many. It could be they ship devices for some of Bell's corporate clients so they need larger stock, who knows?
    05-22-14 08:13 AM
    The Bell dealer I deal with had it on back order for a week. They are getting 120 of them in this morning. Must be doing half decent if they are getting that many. It could be they ship devices for some of Bell's corporate clients so they need larger stock, who knows?
    120 for one store? That's amazing if it's true

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 08:30 AM
    Just to clear it up for people, back ordered means that the product has already been ordered by the customer. There was not product in stock to fill the orders. As soon as there is stock, they will fulfill those orders.

AmaZ30ed
    05-22-14 09:13 AM
    120 for one store? That's amazing if it's true

Posted via CB10
    We also need to know how big the store is, and it what area

If it's the little store at the cheap plaza beside my house that's a huge number, if it's the store in the big mall with 2 kiosks then it's average.

Either way at least they ordered more, which is a good sign regardless. More is always better!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 09:35 AM
    I have to say im actually seeing them in Vancouver now. I've seen two other than mine....FWIW.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    05-22-14 09:57 AM
    lol back order is absolutely no indication of how well the device is selling. For all we know, Chen could have evaluated the sales per country, and reduced the manufacturing to almost nil, thus creating a back order of devices if the sales exceeded the expectations per country. Additionally, carriers can also adjust the orders of phones from companies by evaluating sales as well. In terms of Bell, their main device seems to be Samsung where as Rogers seems to be Apple.
    05-22-14 09:36 PM
33 12