Just got my Z10 from Bell Mobility. The Tech Dept assured me it would sync to my Outlook 2013.They were wrong. Blackberry Link will only sync music, pictures, videos and documents. Taking it back today. Even the IPhone will sync Outlook. Thorstein has lost touch with his faithful. Will be selling my stock today. Fortunately I still have my 9900 but maybe I should bail now and get a IPhone like the rest of the world.
    Zildjian71 and andy957 like this.
    02-06-13 07:02 AM
    ??? who else is syncing he's emails via desktop software on any smartphone???

Active sync, Data Syncronizer, pop3, imap, gmail....
    brmiller1976, melbadri and dbarz like this.
    02-06-13 07:12 AM
    same issue here, my Z10 is also Bell and it won't tsf any data from my Bell 9900. Bell tech support says my Z10 is defective so I am returning. Contacts won't come over, texts I only get the headings but not the body or message threads, email won't set up from Outlook or Gmail. Photos and music will come over as it loads onto the new Blackberry Link, but I have not bothered moving those files because it's the email etc that is most important to me.
    02-06-13 07:17 AM
    Just got my Z10 from Bell Mobility. The Tech Dept assured me it would sync to my Outlook 2013.They were wrong. Blackberry Link will only sync music, pictures, videos and documents. Taking it back today. Even the IPhone will sync Outlook. Thorstein has lost touch with his faithful. Will be selling my stock today. Fortunately I still have my 9900 but maybe I should bail now and get a IPhone like the rest of the world.
    There are bound to be bugs with any new technology. Fixes usually come and plenty of Crackheads here come up with decent work arounds till they do. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    02-06-13 07:21 AM
    Mine's from Telus and I've had no issues synching with my Outlook account.
    02-06-13 07:21 AM
    Mine's from Telus and I've had no issues synching with my Outlook account.
    Would that be the outlook.com webmail system rather than via USB with the Outlook desktop program?
    02-06-13 07:22 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    grover5 and b320 like this.
    02-06-13 07:22 AM
    with USB to Blackberry Link as Blackberry Desktop no longer works with Z10
    02-06-13 07:26 AM
    Im sure theres dozen of crackberry users here who got there outlook synced.
    02-06-13 07:32 AM
    I can`t help it BB didn`t design their software to sync Outlook and they were strangely quiet about it-My life is on my Outlook-Sorry but this time it is Thorstein`s fault-Bell Mobility got an email yesterday from Blackberry (strangely after the launch)that the new Z10 will not sync Outlook-time will tell how the market reacts to this
    02-06-13 07:32 AM
    Apparently there are tons of info on google that will guide you how to sync oulook good luck.
    02-06-13 07:35 AM
    From what i read i could be wrong the hub controls the syncing to emails check your hub settings.
    02-06-13 07:43 AM
    This is always a confusing topic because most people don't have an issue with putting their data into the cloud. I have a work restriction that prohibits me from putting company information into the cloud. This is why I require a USB sync option with the Outlook desktop client. BBDM works to do this on my 9810 - this is the main capability that makes me productive at work with my phone. I'm hopeful that this capability is still in the works. This is a requirement for me to move to BB10.

--TF

BlackBerry 9810 running Kappa Prime using Tapatalk.
    jko#WN, eBud, daveycrocket and 1 others like this.
    02-06-13 07:45 AM
    I am also looking for a way to sync my Z10 with my desktop Outlook calendar without having to run all of my info through Google or similar (not allowed to put work data on the cloud). On my 9900 I did it via Bluetooth and BB Desktop Software.

Do any of you wiseguys piling on the OP have any ideas how? If not, he has a valid criticism.
    02-06-13 07:47 AM
    I get my emails fine it is all the other information I have on Outlook....contacts, memos, tasks-the initial Device Switch brought over my contacts and memos but not my calendar. After that Blackberry Link does not have a function to setup an Outlook sync.This feature was available on the Desktop Manager. There are tons of comments on Google how the Z10 does not sync.
    eBud likes this.
    02-06-13 07:48 AM
    The playbook did not synch so it does not surprise me. You would think it would though
    jejohnston15 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:50 AM
    ??? who else is syncing he's emails via desktop software on any smartphone???....
    My thoughts exactly, the only time i mate my computer and phone is for music picture or video transfer, and even that is becoming a rare occation with online cloud storage getting bigger and better every year.

"Do not try to sync to outlook.. that is impossible, simply understand that there is no outlook, just the phone" - Matrix reference anyone?
    02-06-13 07:52 AM
    ID10T error?
    KDB84, Jerky223, tHe.iR1sH and 3 others like this.
    02-06-13 07:56 AM
    ID10T error?
    No.
    02-06-13 07:57 AM
    Notice how many of the posters in this thread (BThunderW excluded) don't have a Z10.
    So therefore, they feel free to blast the early adopters who bought a device that doesn't do what they need it to do. Like their old devices did.

Until you have a Zee/Zed 10, you really can't comment on what it does and doesn't do.

It is a good phone - not revolutionary - and filled with compromises.
    02-06-13 08:05 AM
    Posters in this thread need to realize the question is around syncing with the Outlook PC client - - not outlook.com email addresses (that's easy, just done like any other email address). Outlook Desktop email/calendar/contacts used to be able to be manually synced using the BB Desktop Manager, but now that functionality has not been included with the new BB Link software, leaving users a bit confused as to what to do.

There are several threads on this topic, so I hope Kevin and the CrackBerry crew address it soon and offer up a How To on the front page for a solid work-around. Right now, all I can see is using Gmail Calendar Sync to sync my Outlook calendar to my gmail address. Not really a good option for those who do not wish to use Gmail because they don't want their work/outlook info in the cloud/on gmail servers.
    02-06-13 08:12 AM
    Dear trolls and other members who think it is fun to insult other members - WRONG!

Maybe someone who owns a Z10 can try to offer constructive advice to help the OP get this working while I clean the garbage responses from the thread? I suspect either software settings or software compatibility on the PC (did anyone try running the PC software with Administrator privileges?). It would help if the OP can say which versions of Windows and Outlook he is using...

[warn]Please debate the products, not the other members. If you can't say it nicely don't say it at all![/warn]
    02-06-13 08:14 AM
    Short version: Wait for someone to come up with a third party solution or take the Z10 back if it's mission critical to you.

This has been a problem for every platform shift, it's not unique to Blackberry - same comments were made about the shift from PalmOS to WebOS - the simple truth is that all of the big players are more interested in disconnecting the smartphone from the PC and shifting everyone to the cloud. Every platform always seem to have a hardcore of users who put a lot of store in the thousands of apps and tasks they have sorted locally and don't want to shift to the cloud - and sadly for them, nobody is interested - well except for the third party players who eventually come up with sync software.

In regards to "is it a valid critique" - since they don't want to provide you with that function, never promised that function and don't plan to provide that function - I guess the answer is "buyer beware".

On the other hand, microsoft add to the confusion by using the same names for vastly different things.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-06-13 08:17 AM
    Maybe a software update will take care of this in the near future?
    02-06-13 08:20 AM
    There are bound to be bugs with any new technology. Fixes usually come and plenty of Crackheads here come up with decent work arounds till they do. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Thing is - this isn't a bug - it's a deliberate design choice - if it is going to be 'fixed', it is coming to be by companion link or someone like that.
    Last edited by cgk; 02-06-13 at 08:31 AM.
    02-06-13 08:20 AM
356 123 ...