I think my post in the Rogers Roaming thread got lost amongst others, so I decided to start my own thread about this topic. Hope it can be helpful for others too.

I don't travel much, so I'm hoping other that do can offer up some advice for me. I have a Rogers Z10 and will be traveling to the UK and Ireland in June (for 3 weeks). I'm looking for the best option to travel with my phone, and have access to phone/text/email/data (wouldn't need much data as WiFi is pretty accessible where I'll be).

From what I've read, UK carriers offer up good options for pay as you go SIM cards that I could buy and add on a plan for while I'm there (once I unlock my Z10).

Questions:

Do I have to get a 1 month PAYG plan or do they offer daily/weekly plans?

What carrier would be the best choice (both for compatibility with Rogers unlocked device and for plan)?

Will I need two SIM cards - - one for UK and one for Ireland? Or should I just get a UK plan and then pay for 'long distance' charges when I'm in Ireland? Or would it even work that way?

Could I arrange everything online prior to leaving and have a SIM card mailed to me so that I can be ready to go as soon as I arrive and not have to worry about finding a store?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
    04-10-13 02:14 PM
    It's really easy to get a pay as you go sim very cheaply from any of the phone shops, or supermarkets.
    The only carrier to offer 4G is EE, but you will also get good speeds on 3G.
    Cost wise, I would suggest going with 3 as they have good coverage with decent speeds. Their pay as you go sim also gives you 500Mb included so long as you top up 5 per month.
    Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    kyleheney likes this.
    04-10-13 02:42 PM
    Should have said that the sums will all work in Ireland without much additional cost due to EU restrictions on roaming costs.

Posted via CB10
    kyleheney likes this.
    04-10-13 02:44 PM
    I've had good experience with Orange all over Europe. Unlock the phone before leaving. Only issue I see is who supports the new mini simcard.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 03:30 PM
    If you don't want the hassel of changing phone number, buy the international Rogers Voice / txt and or data plan.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 03:33 PM
    A other option is http://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/

Posted via CB10
    kyleheney likes this.
    04-10-13 03:35 PM