Studies have shown that parenting really doesn't matter all that much.

The child's peers have a much larger effect.

Posted via CB10
    It's my foolish opinion, those studies are a direct reflection of today's typical parent, and not an indication in any way, that quality parenting doesn't matter.
    01-03-14 09:41 PM
    It's my foolish opinion, those studies are a direct reflection of today's typical parent, and not an indication in any way, that quality parenting doesn't matter.
    After reading your posts in this thread I like you more lol

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-03-14 09:46 PM
    Some think it's socially acceptable to pass snide, personal remarks on Internet forums in comparison with the "in-person" life.

Your parenting and the fact that your daughter agrees is worthy of appreciation! All the best to her w/ her Z10, she has a cool parent!

Posted via my beautiful, red Q5 (10.2.1.1925)
    She would love your phone. She looked at the Q5s but Tmo did not carry them and they were really expensive on Ebay. She is waiting patiently. The phone should arrive by Tuesday. In the meantime she has been using my phone and playing Candy Crush. I am now counting those days too... sigh.

Take care and thank you.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-03-14 11:12 PM
    Yes the screen shattering is my biggest concern. I am strict and she is not allowed to have SnapChat or Instagram. Only Facebook and I have access to her site. I like the parental control and security with BB. I just wanted other opinions before deciding on the phone for her. She gets to give some feedback but I will make the final decision. She has Kik that she loves and has tried it on my phone.

If your issue is screen shattering buy her a Clearplex screen protector or iShieldz KO for the Z10 and or a case. I dropped my phone quite a few times by accident onto hardwood without breaking it.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1925 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    01-04-14 12:48 AM
    My daughter read some of the posts criticizing me and she is quite upset by some of the comments. I just explained that u , sorry you, have to overlook the negativity in the forums and seek out the good information that is offered by the majority of the members. I want her to be able to use this site as a way to optimize her device.

If I may be so bold, having never met you or your daughter, I must say that as a parent myself I am striving to have the kind of relationship you appear to have with your daughter when my children are older.

I find it commendable that she is still more than willing to come to your defence when many of her peers might not think that's cool.

It sounds as though you are raising a smart, savvy, caring daughter which will stand her in good stead when she is our on her own and elevate her above many of her peers in the workforce.

Thank you for taking the time to be an involved parent and for showing the rest of us that not only is it fun to spend lots of time with your kids but staying involved in their lives will help raise more responsible, well rounded, young adults.

But I digress, all forums will have some who are negative bit as you well know. CB has many helpful members that are always willing to lend a hand!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 07:23 AM
    If your issue is screen shattering buy her a Clearplex screen protector or iShieldz KO for the Z10 and or a case. I dropped my phone quite a few times by accident onto hardwood without breaking it.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1925 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    Thank you. I think it was Clear plex that we have ordered for her phone.

01-04-14 09:26 AM
    If I may be so bold, having never met you or your daughter, I must say that as a parent myself I am striving to have the kind of relationship you appear to have with your daughter when my children are older.

I find it commendable that she is still more than willing to come to your defence when many of her peers might not think that's cool.

It sounds as though you are raising a smart, savvy, caring daughter which will stand her in good stead when she is our on her own and elevate her above many of her peers in the workforce.

Thank you for taking the time to be an involved parent and for showing the rest of us that not only is it fun to spend lots of time with your kids but staying involved in their lives will help raise more responsible, well rounded, young adults.

But I digress, all forums will have some who are negative bit as you well know. CB has many helpful members that are always willing to lend a hand!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. That is very kind of you. I do appreciate it. I am blessed to have my children and I am fascinated watching them grow into young adults. My daughter is quite protective of her family, especially her brother. I hope she continues being the strong person that she is. She has wonderful friends too. Honestly, most of her peers are very good children who are appreciative of what they have and close to their parents. I guess, like us, they gravitate towards like minded individuals?

paper_monkey and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    01-04-14 09:39 AM
    Studies have shown that parenting really doesn't matter all that much.

The child's peers have a much larger effect.

Posted via CB10
    um......wuh?
    01-04-14 06:47 PM
108 ... 345