Just like when 64bit processors for desktops were released. It took software companies a few year to jump on board. Even now over 50% is still just 32bit.

Besides apple and a few vendors making 64 bit apps. Will be a Year + before it takes off. Next generation it may be a game changer, for now it will hardly be utilized.

Just another gimmick!
    This post doesn't even agree with itself. The change "may be a game changer" once there are apps but it is a "gimmick" when they do it? Do you think people will make 64 bit apps unless there is a 64 bit device? They just really upped the game.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 04:52 AM
    My guess is when 64 bit apps start becoming prevalent to make the addition of the feature worthwhile, the market will be full of Androids and other phones with 64 bit processors. As of now, it seems like Apple is jumping the gun a little and that says to me they have an agenda or its a power move to prove superiority.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    What you are saying is that Google will try to catch up. Sure. That always happens. But the fact that Google will try to catch up doesn't imply in any way that Apple was premature. However, as noted of course they have an "agenda". They are supposed to have one.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 04:54 AM
    What you are saying is that Google will try to catch up. Sure. That always happens. But the fact that Google will try to catch up doesn't imply in any way that Apple was premature. However, as noted of course they have an "agenda". They are supposed to have one.

Posted via CB10
    It becomes subjective whether Apple was premature, isn't it?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    09-12-13 05:04 AM
    It becomes subjective whether Apple was premature, isn't it?

Actually no. Again, why would developers build the apps it they couldn't run. Now they will run in iOS. Or has your analysis of the mobile market's history led you conclude that for instance memory wont increase in the future? Or that people won't update thei apps for new iOS versions? It is completely circular to argue that the first step in an important change is premature.

However, I can see how constantly thinking of new operating system versions as incremental changes to fix what should have been done in the first place, like, oh say, BB10.2, might make one view fundamental changes with important long term impacts as premature.
    09-12-13 05:13 AM
    Actually no. Again, why would developers build the apps it they couldn't run. Now they will run in iOS. Or has your analysis of the mobile market's history led you conclude that for instance memory wont increase in the future? Or that people won't update thei apps for new iOS versions? It is completely circular to argue that the first step in an important change is premature.

However, I can see how constantly thinking of new operating system versions as incremental changes to fix what should have been done in the first place, like, oh say, BB10.2, might make one view fundamental changes with important long term impacts as premature.
    There a thousand things people can say to refute those statements, that's why I m saying it is subjective. Plain and simple.

09-12-13 05:42 AM
    There a thousand things people can say to refute those statements, that's why I m saying it is subjective. Plain and simple.

Wow. A thousand is a lot. Saying you have a thousand and offering none is pretty zen stuff.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 05:48 AM
    This is how it works in Blackberry Land:

1. Touchscreen? Nobody will buy it, everybody likes the keyboards.
    2. Separate GPU? It'll only reduce battery life.
    3. Games? My smartphone is to get things done, I don't have time for games.
    4. Faster CPU? Don't need it, my BB works fine with what it has.
    5. 1GB of memory? My BB works fine on 256MB, anything more is a waste.
    6. Fancy camera? Phone camera pictures suck anyway nobody needs it.
    7. Apps? All the apps I need come out of the box. We don't need no stinkin' apps!!!
    8. 64 bit? It's a gimmick.

Finale: We don't need any of those, but when BB talks about the future of "mobile computing" I 'm all ears.
    09-12-13 05:50 AM
    Wow. A thousand is a lot. Saying you have a thousand and offering none is pretty zen stuff.

Posted via CB10
    I'm trying to hope you get the point and just move on.

09-12-13 06:22 AM
    There's one other thing I think nobody's mentioned. If you get a new iPhone it now comes with iWork and iMovie and iPhoto. It may not sound like something significant (the iWork apps themselves are only $10 each), but it's better than paying for it. I can hear the Apple Store sales pitch go something like, "now you get a complete office suite included with your iPhone which will include a word processor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation creation app. In addition, you also get iMovie which will let you edit movies right on your iPhone and iPhoto which lets you do the same with photos." I can easily see people new to smartphones choosing iPhone for this reason alone.
    09-12-13 06:32 AM
    A better comparison is the Z10 compared to the iPhone 5C.
    09-12-13 06:38 AM
    I'm trying to hope you get the point and just move on.

Oh, I get the point. It isn't premature almost by definition. It is a first step towards a more integrated ecosystem with much more capability. That simply isn't premature. It's like saying that the original iPhone was premature to have app capability because it didn't have a million apps or whatever in the store when it was released.
    09-12-13 07:09 AM
    A better comparison is the Z10 compared to the iPhone 5C.
    3G?
    tlegend2012 likes this.
    09-12-13 07:09 AM
    The BB Z10 is the best! enough said.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-12-13 10:41 AM
    iPhone 5S has an hdmi out?
    09-12-13 11:16 AM
    Even Thorstein can't say this with a straight face.
    09-12-13 11:25 AM
    If anyone thinks gaming is going to save BlackBerry, you are dreaming. Games are a huge effort. We can even get vendors to supply simple apps for bb10.

The only way to save BlackBerry is to get a 10% market share. That would be enough to make it relevant. The market will be business users, not gamers.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 11:44 AM
    Just like when 64bit processors for desktops were released. It took software companies a few year to jump on board. Even now over 50% is still just 32bit.

Besides apple and a few vendors making 64 bit apps. Will be a Year + before it takes off. Next generation it may be a game changer, for now it will hardly be utilized.

Just another gimmick!
    doesn't matter when, at least they know their phone is more or less future proof. can you say the same about BB devices? i rather know i got more specs than i need, than less. please put in 20gig of ram for all i care. ppl here will find anything and everything about competing device and call it a grammick or useless
    09-12-13 11:50 AM
    iPhone 5S has an hdmi out?
    assuming you can get an accessory to connect to it.

or are you using that as an argument about how great z10 is? heard iphone doesn't have a removeable battery also if that's what you are going for
    09-12-13 11:51 AM
    What people forget, or choose not see, is that Apple rarely does anything without it being part of a defined plan.

Why Launch a 64-Bit iPhone 5S? Think iPads and Macs | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

They are very disciplined about this.
    I bolded your last line because I believe this forms a huge part of their success. Discipline. They don't publish a road map but their timing is fairly predictable and they rarely miss delivering when they must. A lot of RIM/BBRY's pain has been due to muddled deliverables.

Recall both Tim Cook and Thorsten Heins were their companies' Chief Operations Officers (0.333 in TH's case) before becoming CEO. I would say post-CEO performance for both are consistent with pre-CEO successes.
    09-12-13 12:40 PM
    I want to see a detailed analysis of what 64 bit means in real time performance. Because for now it's just a marketing carrot stick.

Posted via CB10
    It's called leading the pack and preparing for the future. Good companies do that.
    09-12-13 04:05 PM
    The BB Z10 is the best! enough said.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    What does this pointless thought have to do with anything?
    09-12-13 04:09 PM
    assuming you can get an accessory to connect to it.

or are you using that as an argument about how great z10 is? heard iphone doesn't have a removeable battery also if that's what you are going for
    yes... what i meant was a STANDARD hdmi connection. like the playbook, z10,q10 and many laptops have. Apple uses apple specific connectors, which are way over priced and only fit one need... a waste of money, and resources to create
    09-12-13 04:24 PM
72 123