So I come from a z10 wich I loved, and traded a few weeks ago for a q10. Great device but the first few times I had the feeling I just made a huge mistake. Let me explain.

The keyboard was great, didn't miss the screen too much but the swipe up gesture was really frustrating me. Like it would work and sometimes it didn't work at all and sometimes too much.

I read about how to swipe up on the cb forums and there were several helpful tips but it didn't quite feel right as I was thinking before swiping up. It stopped the flow. I was very frustrated, but life goes on and I continued to use my phone frustrated or not.

Today I realized that I am faster with the q10 juggling apps (like 3 apps at the same time and the hub, copy and pasting between them, editing pics) and without a freaking hitch swiping up! I don't know when it happened but somewhere along the lines my brain and fingers finally cooperated.

I was amazed that there once was a me that couldn't do this! I don't even know how to fail at swiping up anymore.

This being said, I think that people that don't like just don't give a chance to things to "click" together but once it does this is the most amazing phone (os) I haver had.

Oh and it didn't happened just with me. A friend that had one from the company didn't use it until I said give it two weeks. He loves it now.

I don't know how can BlackBerry convey this idea of use it for two weeks and you'll love it but if they can pull it off they are good to go. Maybe a "use it free for two weeks" campaign?

This goes for the other bb10 phones as well. The z10 was easier but it still had a steep learning curve. The flick took time! (the swipe up not so much loved it from the get go)

Ok, so thank you for reading, just wanted to share my experience.

Posted via iPhone...Joking...Q10
    01-20-14 06:09 PM
    So glad u r enjoying your Q10. I have a PlayBook so the swiping was second nature when I got my Z10. Had the Q10 for a short while and no problems there too. I agree, two weeks is a good time to just surrender to the whole experience. Enjoy!

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-20-14 10:20 PM
    I so want a Q10 now!!!!
    01-20-14 10:24 PM