So I bought my wife an unlocked Q10 on Amazon, of which I will be returning on Friday after we get her the AT&T branded on. If you want to know why, see my post on Blackberry's Warranty and Policies. Anyway I was actually just as excited because I had run out of fingers to gnaw on waiting for AT&T to release it. I wanted to see if I would prefer it over the Z10. I had actually previously just made the decision to get the Q10 because my wife really wanted us to have the same phones and I was pretty impressed by all the review videos I watched on it. Anyway, we have had the Q10 since Saturday and I like it a lot, but yesterday I went to Best Buy and got the Z10 to try it out and see if I like it more. Now I'm torn. I know some of you are palm on forehead right now thinking, "why would you do that, you'll just fall in love with features of both!" Which is exactly where I am right now. I had played with the Z10 many times in the store and thought I had it figured out, but after a few days on my wife's Q10, and the night and day on my Z10, I am stumped. Apps aren't an issue for me since for the most part the main apps I use are available and work great on both. I'm in a real pickle here. I like the screen size of the Z10 a lot but the layout of the Q10 is magnificent and I actually really like the 1:1 screen. everything just looks nicer and in order. There are other features of the Z10 that outshine the Q10 as well but every time I grab her phone and scroll through it I just think to myself, 'this just looks nice.' And for your awareness, I am switching to BB10 from my 4.7" HTC Titan, so screen size is not an argument here except for videos, which I had no problem with watching youtube on the Q10.

Any advice???
    06-18-13 02:25 PM
    I went to the Q10 from my Z10, and wouldn't look back. Both devices are amazing, but the Q just feels that much better to me
    06-18-13 02:41 PM
    I see where you say apps aren't an issue, but all the good ones seem to be released on the Z first.
    I'm still waiting for a few to be released on the Q that are already on the Z. I'm four days in with the Q10 and for both the new phones to have the same OS I'm not sure why some of the gaming apps haven't come over to the Q yet.

The only reason I would want the Z is the for the gaming experience, but it's not enough to make me give up the Q for the Z.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:53 PM
    People prefer Q10 because of the physical keyboard, I have the z10 and I wouldn't look back

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:53 PM
    I was worried going from 9900 to a z10, after holding a q10 yesterday, I don't think I would give up my big screen. I also am very used to the keyboard now.
    06-18-13 02:58 PM
    I love the q10 because of the instant actions and keyboard. I will struggle with the lack of screen real estate but I don't want to "live" on my phone anymore.
    06-18-13 03:00 PM
    The only reason I went with a Z10 was because it came out first and I couldn't wait any longer for Blackberry 10. If I were choosing between Z10 and Q10 right now, I'd be just as torn as you!
    06-18-13 03:07 PM
    Well shortly after posting this my brand new Z10 had it's first random shutdown. I don't know if that is any indication of what I should do. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 03:43 PM
    Get them both and decide. There is pros and cons for each device depending on your needs.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:46 PM
    I had my Z10 from late March to early June, all by itself. I usually have a few BlackBerrys to put my sim in, but the alone time with the Z10 really let me see it for what it is: a great phone. I couldn't believe how good I was/am at typing on the touchscreen, after years of only having qwerty BlackBerrys.

Then I got the Q10 when it came out on my carrier. I couldn't be happier. I am glad I got the Z10, and switch into it every few days, and use it to play Modern Combat4 and Where's My Water. I was a little concerned that the BB10 experience wouldn't be as "full" on the Q10, due to the smaller screen, but I can honestly say that that was not the case.

I'm happy I have both phones, and I look at having the Q10 and the Z10 as having two ways to enjoy my favorite flavor. The Q10 holds onto the BlackBerry history, while the Z10 offers a look into BlackBerry's future. That being said, I hope they keep making full qwerty devices well into their future. I'll buy them as long as they make them!
    06-18-13 07:22 PM
    Should not be that difficult..if you love keyboard and typing then you know which one to pick...otherwise pick Z for an awesome screen experience...Both of them are great choices.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 08:27 PM
    I say go Z so you can have both.

I love my z10, but I'm sure the Q is great too. If I could justify getting both, I would in a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 08:42 PM
    If you do more messaging/chat/email, get the Q10.
    If you mostly care about browsing/media/games, Z10 easily.

The screen aspect ratio makes a huge difference for video and the size makes browsing easier.
    06-19-13 08:44 PM
    I'm still unsure but have been leaning towards the Q10. Only because it has given me a fresh new feeling that I haven't had in a while since all my other phones have been touch screen and large in size.

Like I said before, the video isn't an issue. I had no problem watching YouTube on my wife's. Man I'm in a bind.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 09:50 PM
    A Plug for the Q10--

Being able to scroll down using the space bar while browsing is a highly underrated feature, as is the ability to enter 'Reader' mode by pressing 'R'.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 10:38 PM
    Hard decision for me..I just had to get both! They are both great phones.
    06-20-13 06:51 AM
    Just picked up a Q yesterday after having the Z10 since launch, i have to agree it does feel like the perfect phone in the hand, its very easy to reach around the screen with one thumb, reminds me of my bold 9700 days of just a solid easy to use no B.S blackberry

If you loved the 9900, don't even think... just get the Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 09:39 AM
    It really depends on what you want...
    Pros for Z10:
    1. More applications, and faster app releases.
    2. Bigger Screen.
    3. More ideal for games, and media.
    4. etc...

Pros for Q10:
    1. KEYBOARD!
    2. Easier messaging.
    3. Keyboard Shortcuts.
    4. etc...

Make a list and state the pros and cons of each, and choose which is more ideal for you.
    06-20-13 09:48 AM
    I am getting the Q10 very soon bcos i dont really watch videos or play games with my bb. I have samsung S4 for that. My bb is purely for "textual" communication ( emailing, chatting, etc)
    06-20-13 12:05 PM
    One thing that stands out over everything is the quick need to make a phone call while driving and the fact that on my wife's Q10 I don't have to look at the screen just to unlock the phone. Apps, games, and media are covered. If it's not on the Q10, I have my PlayBook. If not there, I have my wife's iPhone (got it for her business) or I have a Surface Pro.

I've had a touch screen for the past 4 years, even my first BlackBerry was a Storm. The Z10 is a beautiful phone but I'm thinking the Q is the way to go

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 12:09 PM
    I'm trying to decide myself. I love my Z10 and am much better on touchscreen keyboard than I ever thought I'd be. But I do miss actual keyboard for those long emails.

To be honest, my biggest issue with my Z is that it's too big to fit in my pocket comfortably! (I'm female if that matters in pocket sizes :-) and I hate carrying a purse all the time so that's not a solution.)

I'm used to sticking my 9810 in my pocket and the Z10 just doesn't fit as well. But I had big-ish screen on 9810 (which is why I had it over 9900) and love the screen size of the Z and do worry about missing it.

I'm seriously considering having them both if I could figure out the logistics (don't really want to add another cell plan but will one sim work for both?, how would that affect BBM, would I have a hassle updating info with each switch, etc). Decisions, decisions...

ETA: I just picked up the Q10 from AT&T this morning. I'm going to try both for a while and see how it plays out.

What was your final verdict?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gritsinct; 06-21-13 at 10:10 AM.
    06-20-13 11:29 PM
    I'm going with the Q10. I do like the Z a lot but the Q just has me intrigued and I'm always using my wife's over my Z. Like I said before, I am coming from a Htc Titan with a 4.7" screen so it is a drastic difference. So Jet pack Joyride isn't on the Q yet, so what, I have it on my PlayBook and my Surface Pro.

Posted via CB10
    gritsinct likes this.
    06-21-13 02:38 PM