Took me a while to get around to it but i finally loaded some music on my z10. This has to be the best music player around... in comparison to Iphone, the z10 kills it! Love how you can peek into the play list whilst having a song playing. It really follows the whole theme of BB10

Anyone else loving the music player?

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    04-19-13 03:55 PM
    Would be so much better if it has an equalizer built in, my 9900 sounded better. But yea great organization have to agree

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-19-13 04:18 PM
    It certainly isn't bad, but it needs more features built in like other platforms' stock players. It's like BBRY said "oh yeah, this thing needs a music player" and just stuck a no-frills player in there.
    04-19-13 04:29 PM
    I personally don't like it as much as the one on legacy devices

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-19-13 04:38 PM
    Hi. I recently moved to a BB Priv. I loved the media player on my Z10. Anyone know if the app has been re-written for the Priv? What is its name?
    02-12-17 11:40 PM
    Me too I prefer BlackBerry Music Player rather than other Players due to its simplicity and its integration with File Manager which enable you include and exclude your Music from Music Player without removing them from the SD

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 02:15 AM
    Hi. I recently moved to a BB Priv. I loved the media player on my Z10. Anyone know if the app has been re-written for the Priv? What is its name?
    No it hasn't.
    02-13-17 08:37 AM
    In OS 10.3.2.xxxx there is an equalizer (presets). Open the music app and gesture from the top bezel down. The equalizer symbol should appear in the top, right corner.

It still shows up in that position on my new...

 Passport SE with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2474 (OS version 10.3.2.2639) on AT&T
    02-13-17 09:29 AM
    Me too I prefer BlackBerry Music Player rather than other Players due to its simplicity and its integration with File Manager which enable you include and exclude your Music from Music Player without removing them from the SD

Posted via CB10
    ^^This, and the Z10 had the Wolfson DAC which sounded better than any of its contemporaries, including the iPhone 5.

I think people today get confused by a phone that has most of the essential software integrated out of the box. Everyone wants to use a collection of third party apps, but they hardly ever work together smoothly.

The BB10 music player is a model of simplicity and function, and it also plays FLAC files, unlike Apple phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 12:57 PM
    Z10 stock player is great. But nothing beats™ Neutron on BB10... ;-D

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    02-13-17 01:44 PM
    ^^This, and the Z10 had the Wolfson DAC which sounded better than any of its contemporaries, including the iPhone 5.

I think people today get confused by a phone that has most of the essential software integrated out of the box. Everyone wants to use a collection of third party apps, but they hardly ever work together smoothly.

The BB10 music player is a model of simplicity and function, and it also plays FLAC files, unlike Apple phones.

Posted via CB10
    Why would someone without an SD Card want to load their phone up with FLAC files...?

That said... quantity tends to win out over quality. Lot more people with 1000 Song iTunes libraries on their iDevice out there, than there are people that even know what FLAC is.....
    02-13-17 02:02 PM
    Why would someone without an SD Card want to load their phone up with FLAC files...?

That said... quantity tends to win out over quality. Lot more people with 1000 Song iTunes libraries on their iDevice out there, than there are people that even know what FLAC is.....
    I'm not sure I understand your question. I keep my library of FLAC files on OneDrive, and I copy the ones I want to listen to over to the SD card on my Z10. Then I play them with the Music player.

I don't care that lots of people are happy with MP3s. I enjoy the higher resolution, which I use on all my sound systems, keeping my library synched with OneDrive. I have about 1500 albums in FLAC format, and another 5000 CDs/SACDs, in addition to my 3000 LPs.

Do I care that I'm not a "typical" music lover? Nope. I'm a trained (amateur) musician who has played and listened to enough live music that the difference between MP3 and FLAC is obvious and important to me.

The Z10's music playback (DAC and amplifier) is exceptionally good. Nowhere near as good as my dedicated AK100 I (https://us.astellnkern.com/collectio...ducts/ak100-ii), but great for a mobile phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 02-13-17 at 07:44 PM.
    02-13-17 07:28 PM
    02-13-17 07:41 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your question. I keep my library of FLAC files on OneDrive, and I copy the ones I want to listen to over to the SD card on my Z10. Then I play them with the Music player.

I don't care that lots of people are happy with MP3s. I enjoy the higher resolution, which I use on all my sound systems, keeping my library synched with OneDrive. I have about 1500 albums in FLAC format, and another 5000 CDs/SACDs, in addition to my 3000 LPs.

Do I care that I'm not a "typical" music lover? Nope. I'm a trained (amateur) musician who has played and listened to enough live music that the difference between MP3 and FLAC is obvious and important to me.

The Z10's music playback (DAC and amplifier) is exceptionally good. Nowhere near as good as my dedicated AK100 I (https://us.astellnkern.com/collectio...ducts/ak100-ii), but great for a mobile phone.

Posted via CB10
    Okay.... that is a lot of music.

I use the windows media format as the files are smaller than mp3. I can squeeze more on the sd cards that way.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 10:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    100% agree with you and all in one place File Manager which make it so easy to move and edit your music archive

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 05:20 AM