how do I make it work?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:30 PM
    Do I give them a non BlackBerry IMEI? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:34 PM
    Dude what's the problem

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:16 PM
    How can I make my tmo z10 work on Metro? Metro claims it won't work because they don't support BlackBerry but plenty of people here claim to have made it work.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:19 PM
    You have to give them your correct iMEI. What you should tell them is that it's a BlackBerry 10 and BIS isn't necessary. Which is something they should know.
    I can't confirm that it will work but I can tell you that you should try a SIM out first, the BlackBerry 10 does not need BIS.
    Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:20 PM
    Let me put it this way if you have a Rogers BBOS device a Petro Canada Sim, will work, however you will get everything to work except BBM and BBW. You will be able to surf the net for the unlimited plan and make and receive calls as usual. The speed is also compromised. I am not sure of Metro.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:28 PM
    I have the sim card on my z10 now. It says 4glte and I can call 611. I did a port in and would be able to make a call sometimes when I restarted the phone but once then call ended I would go back to not having any service and device not allowed appearing.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:33 PM
    You need to revise the settings on the device, ask Metro to give you their settings ,you should be seeing 4GLTE plus the BlackBerry dots .with the signal bars to the top right side.
    Here is a link to install the correct setting.
    BlackBerry is listed so I don't know why they are saying it won't work.

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesett...ngs.php?id=305
    Posted via CB10
    DJFLEX-mk2 likes this.
    07-13-14 11:41 PM
    I did that.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 12:11 AM
    And those settings are for bbos phones. And the info metro told me to put were tmobile stuff.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 12:13 AM
    And those settings are for bbos phones. And the info metro told me to put were tmobile stuff.

Posted via CB10
    I suggest you call them again, repeat that's a BlackBerry 10 without BIS,in the meantime, Go into settings, >network>tap mobile network at the bottom of that page has APN, see what s there. Try putting the APN on BlackBerry.net instead

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 12:23 AM
    I don't know how it works for your country, but did you purchase the Z10 unlocked? From the symptoms you're giving it sounds like it is IMEI blocked which is either reported lost or stolen or previous carrier blocked it.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 12:24 AM
    Maybe it doesn't work or you need to reevaluate

Blackberry10IsSoSuperCaliFragilisticExpialidocious 10.2.1.3175
    07-14-14 12:25 AM
    Does Metro have a support/ setup website. It sounds like your APN, Network and MMS settings just need to find/be assigned to the correct network.

Is your Z10 STL-3? Or is it a PCS version?

Is your phone unlocked?
    07-14-14 12:27 AM
    I don't know how it works for your country, but did you purchase the Z10 unlocked? From the symptoms you're giving it sounds like it is IMEI blocked which is either reported lost or stolen or previous carrier blocked it.

Posted via CB10
    That could very well be the case, if I remember correctly though OP unlocked his device

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 12:27 AM
    OK OP try APN ::fast.t-mobile
    MMSC: http://metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 12:44 AM
    This is common symptoms of a blocked phone you would be able to use it after a restart until the system recognizes your IMEI. Also data would not work even if you have the correct apns and the phone is showing data connection like H+ with the 4 dots. If the have a central database for blocked IMEI numbers it would be best to ask your carrier if it is blocked. This at least isolates the issue. BTW IMEI block works differently from a network unlock. Hope this helps you out a bit.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 12:55 AM
    It's not blocked I use did on tmobile .

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 11:10 AM
    I used it on tmobile *

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 11:11 AM
    Well if that's the case best do an isolation test. Test out your sim on another phone and test a different sim on the Z10

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:22 AM
    I put together a tutorial on how to manipulate the settings though could be helpful here, just change the APN and MMS settings to your provider.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/other-u...rk-z10-947618/
    07-21-14 11:14 PM
    Has anyone recently gotten this to work?

I just bought an unlocked GSM Z10 (STL100-3) off the Blackberry website. Brought it to the metro pcs store and bought a new sim card, the associate tried to assign the IMEI number to the sim card and it didn’t work. She tried under “BYOD-Android” and “BYOD-Other”, still didn’t work. The way she described it to me was “it just wouldn’t let her go to the next step to activate.”

I understand IMEI numbers are unique...But is it clear to the carriers if an IMEI number corresponds to a Blackberry device? (I got the same “We don’t do blackberries...” from all employees in the store)

I get the same T-Mobile screen that others have reported. WIFI works fine.

But when I try to make calls, I get an automated message from metro pcs saying something strange is up, and I need to take my phone into a metro pcs store to resolve.

I don’t think it’s an APN setting issue for me. I don’t even think I’m at that step yet.
    11-10-14 06:34 PM
    I'm in South Florida metroPCS:
    Okay I Order the "3 Type SIM Cards" packaging online tonight at 11-10-2014MON.2:48AM (metroPCS) and just enter the info as (SAMSUNG GALAXY S III), then next screen ask for my (ESN)IMEI/(MEID)#, I used my BlackBerry Z10(STL100-3) IMEI# 15-Digits ... It Check out "GOOD" !!! Then it asked for my Cell Number and Address Shipping info - Then Paid for my order with DEBIT/Credit Card. So Now I gota wait.

**UPDATE** Since 11-13-2014 THR.2:50AM EST.
    When I got the microSIM card I just called metroPCS on another telephone Land line, then gave them my info cause I am a existing current customer. The agent asked if I have ANDROID - I said yes, I did not tell them its a BLACKBERRY Z10....BUT I DID SAY ITS UNLOCKED ANDROID....So she asked for my for my handset IMEI# 15-Digits, then asked for my microSIM # 20-Digits>>Then she said to insert..and Boot up..I also asked to Upgrade my Old "NOV 2010 BlackBerry 8530 / BlackBerry TAX Inclusive $50Plan" to the **NEW $60 BYODANDROID ULTD TALK TXT DATA and Plus I added $5 Value Bundle** total $65 per month ! ... IF YOUR A EXISTING CUSTOMER MAYBE A 1 TIME PRORATE OF $10 first month plan for one of the add on feature to my plans...then its $65 per month for me after ~
    My BlackBerry Z10(STL100-3), WORKS GREAT, ! I CAN SEE ON MY CELL NETWORK saying metroPCS.
    Also when you insert the microSIM Card it looks like the Card will load few setting and software stuff into the BBZ10 cause now it boots up everytime T-Mobile branding Screen.
    11-23-14 07:07 AM