Over the past week or so I've noticed the virtual keyboard on my Z10 is getting worse and worse at interpreting my keystrokes. I don't know if the list of word suggestions based on previous typing is messed up, or if the capacitive touch is misaligned with where the keys are displayed, but this is beginning to drive me crazy. I suspect a full security wipe would force it to start learning afresh, but I'd really rather not do that.

Anybody know a way to reset keyboard learning without wiping everything?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:46 PM
    Try clearing out the learned words in the Predictive text.

Go to Settings.
    Then go into Language and Input.
    Then go into Prediction and Correction and then click on clear learned words. That will wipe out all of your learned words.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:54 PM
    You could try clearing the learned words in the Keyboard settings. This sounds like when BlackBerry announced that the Z10 keyboard would have advanced heat mapping that would detect where you put your fingers for certain letters and transparently move the touch area for those letters to that location. Sort of like "okay, you've been hitting the R key a little to the left, causing you to sometimes hit E by accident, let me move the R key over a bit for you". But this is a feature that has little documentation, and even less understanding of the specifics.
    06-24-13 07:57 PM
    You could try clearing the learned words in the Keyboard settings. This sounds like when BlackBerry announced that the Z10 keyboard would have advanced heat mapping that would detect where you put your fingers for certain letters and transparently move the touch area for those letters to that location. Sort of like "okay, you've been hitting the R key a little to the left, causing you to sometimes hit E by accident, let me move the R key over a bit for you". But this is a feature that has little documentation, and even less understanding of the specifics.
    Just tried clearing my learned words, I'll see if there's an improvement. Yeah, I remember that stuff about learning to correct for the user's clumsiness. That was what I was thinking might be messed up too. If this doesn't fix it I'll probably try a backup/wipe and start from scratch.
    06-24-13 09:54 PM
    Letting friends try out the keyboard will confuse the heat making. Any way to start a new.

Posted via CB on my Z 10
    06-24-13 10:37 PM
    Heat mapping

Posted via CB on my Z 10
    06-24-13 10:38 PM