Two weeks.

That's how long it took this physical-keyboard-hating-tapping-on-glass-guy to absolutely fall in love with the Z keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    10-11-13 10:43 PM
    I disagree, I preferred the BBOS style physical keyboard of the 9900 and 9790, the straight keys just don't feel as nice to use.
    But that of course is gonna be a personal preference thing for sure.
    Inside joke, you wouldn't understand
    10-11-13 11:08 PM
    I just got my Z30, so far the typing experience has been ok but i kind of miss the swype keyboard used in my previous nokia N9

Hope it gets better as I use the Z30 more
    If you just got it, it will grow on you quickly.
    10-12-13 12:06 AM
    I completely agree. I just got an iPhone 5 and while I do enjoy the apps, the colorfulness of the interface/icons, and the sleek design of the OS, the one thing I miss the most about the z10, is the keyboard. I plan on going back, though I am not sure how wise that would be on my part, given the state of Blackberry these days.
    10-12-13 12:14 AM
    I completely agree. I just got an iPhone 5 and while I do enjoy the apps, the colorfulness of the interface/icons, and the sleek design of the OS, the one thing I miss the most about the z10, is the keyboard. I plan on going back, though I am not sure how wise that would be on my part, given the state of Blackberry these days.
    It's been said time and time again, your phone is not going to explode if BlackBerry suddenly disappears off the face of the earth. You might not get updates any more, but I think the phone's pretty sweet as it is.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:32 AM
    Yup...
    Regarding the choice to Z or not? All I can say is that you should choose what works for you best.
    Just think about the things/functions/apps that are most important to you first. Then choose the OS that does that best, and finally the device.
    For me, the need for messaging came first, then browsing, then multitasking, then apps. That's me. Everybody is different. I don't give a flying flea collar about games, although the selection looks pretty good.
    So... I might get a Z30. Looks very cool with the keyboard, natural sound, Miracast, NFC, display size, USB OTG, Paratek, etc.
    Buy what you want, no worries. Some people like (I guess) Galaxy waving and looking away from the screen features. Not me. Do what is important to you.
    lgfaver likes this.
    10-12-13 12:43 AM
    Man I kinda wish for a third party iPhone keyboard with bb10 swipe up to enter suggested word feature. I personally find iPhone well gapped keys is something I could really type well on.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:37 AM
    The keyboard of the Z is second to none! I can write in half of the time in comparison with Note2 and with Samsung note tablet!

Sent from my Z10
    10-14-13 01:11 PM
    I have tried the keyboards on the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy 4 and my preference is the Z10 keyboard by far.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    10-14-13 01:19 PM
    I think it's definitely one of the best peck keyboards. The best without swiping functionality.
    10-14-13 01:22 PM
    Hey OP, I think most of us agree that the Zed's keyboard is awesome and although it's sad to think of choosing a phone other than a blackberry I can tell you the swiftkey keyboard available on android is pretty amazing! There are actually a few features that are more efficient than the Zed's, IMO, such as the ease of placing a punctuation when needed. Simply press the button and slide over to your selection of choice (period, question mark, comma etc..)

Also the swipe feature works unbelievably well! Didn't think I would use it much but every time my phone was in front of me, at my computer for example, it was really nice to just swipe a reply to something. I'm quite surprised at how impressed I am with the Zed's keyboard after being thoroughly satisfied with the swiftkey's. To be honest, it's a toss up as to which I would prefer. Of course the UI of BB10 makes it a no brainer for me but speaking only of keyboards, swiftkey has a definite winner!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 01:47 PM
    The Z10 is definitely best in class according to me. Its quick and very responsive. Its scary how even after all the speed enhancements some keyboards feels laggy in front of the Z10 keyboard. The keyboard learns and slightly modifies its behaviour to suit one's typing style pretty quickly. Anyhow the closest thing I have found is Swiftkey. For those who dont know, BB10 uses Swiftkey technology and therefore the experience on both is pretty similar. I still prefer Z10 keyboard but Swiftkey is as close as I could get to a good touchscreen KB on non BB10 devices.
    10-14-13 02:15 PM
    I've only compared it to the iPhone 4's virtual keyboard, and it really think that the z10's keyboard is miles ahead the iphone's!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:33 PM
38 12