HQ looks quite good on the 8530
    03-19-10 08:28 PM
    On my 9700 I did a little "hack" that made "HQ" available in Youtube. Videos look way better.
    OMG! THANK YOU!

Slight difference improvement in video but AUDIO is amazing NOW! It sounds like a mp3 rather than some 80's crackling radio.
    04-22-10 12:14 AM
    Can you help me ??
    I do the optimatization steps ,and yesterday all videos in HD was extrmly clean,and the sound was ok.
    But when I try today the same videos that was watcin yesterday know ur all in crap video and sound quallity.
    I do new OPTIMATIZATION but doesn't have any effect... Please help...I was sooo happy yesterday the HD. Videos were amazing...

Thank you....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 02:33 PM
    I was comparing my cousins bold 9650 with my droid and I have to say they have upped there video quality.
    06-29-10 02:39 PM
    Youtube has taken off the HQ option (for bb's) for a couple days now....
    Last edited by Pi Guy 3.14; 06-29-10 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo, HD = HQ
    06-29-10 02:43 PM
    It seems people are confusing HQ with HD, both are output at different resoution. HQ is what youtube offers now and looks a little better then the original native video and some can't tell the difference depending on the video, hence the high quality. HD is in pure hi-defintion with max resolution of your device so the output is crystal clear. Youtube used to have that option for a week or so and they took it out for some reason. So right now you're not seeing the video at its best.

Last edited by noized77; 06-29-10 at 03:08 PM.
    06-29-10 03:05 PM
    Yeah I meant to say youtube took off the HQ option. I edited my post.
    06-29-10 03:09 PM
    I'm so happy to see others had this same issue. My youtube videos looked AMAZING for about a week, and now they're back to crap. I did nothing to change my settings. Frustrating.

06-29-10 08:42 PM
    Change your browser identification to Firefox and you'll see the option for HQ video. I think that the site is auto detecting certain models of BB and is offering all videos as HQ. I still have the HQ/Normal option on my 8330. I can't tell the difference between the videos on my 9700 when the option is there or not. However, if you select normal quality (after setting browser identification to Firefox) you'll see a huge decrease in quality.
    Last edited by delacerda; 07-03-10 at 02:11 AM.
    07-03-10 01:56 AM
    Well, after about a year of tolerating poor quality videos and 40 minutes of research on the internet, I stumbled upon this thread. I set my location to Worldwide; I set my optimization page according to how it was mentioned above; I disabled Wi-fi; and clicked the links below the video thumbnails and viewed the videos in HQ.

I'm impressed! Amazing quality! This site is awesome! Thanks guys!

Now, I have a question: What's the deal with YouTube video quality deteriorating while viewing over Wi-fi? It simply doesn't make any sense that viewing over the data network is better than viewing over Wi-fi with the hotspot browser. When using the Wi-fi hotspot browser, video streaming should be smoother than with the BIS network as there's less conduits for the information to travel through. Viewing over Wi-fi should be like watching a video on your laptop, while viewing over the BIS network should be choppy. What's Up? Any ideas?
    07-03-10 03:36 PM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD