Having troubles playing youtube videos. When I'm connected over wifi, I can play youtube videos perfectly. When I try to play them connected to 3G, I get an error message. I am going to the youtube mobile site and I did optimize video viewing on youtube. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get youtube videos to work over 3G.
    09-19-10 01:29 AM
    If you have a app reinstall>reboot>battery pull. If you're in a bad coverage area that will do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 02:14 AM
    I did try the youtube player app and that still doesn't seem to want to play videos, even after I re-boot the phone. The only time I can ever get the videos to play is if I'm connected over wifi.

09-19-10 12:30 PM
    I did try the youtube player app and that still doesn't seem to want to play videos, even after I re-boot the phone. The only time I can ever get the videos to play is if I'm connected over wifi.

Same problem here.
    WIFI only.
    09-19-10 01:10 PM
    I think you might improve it with correct APN settings (depends on your service provider) - seemed to improve my audio streaming anyhow

Menu>Advanced Options>TCP/IP
    09-19-10 02:43 PM
    I did try and go to the menu>advanced options>TCP/IP, but it doesn't exist. This is really starting to bug me. Could it possibly be that my carrier (telus) is blocking youtube?

09-20-10 01:04 PM
    i may be wrong but the last thing i knew the curve 8520 doesnt have 3G support on the device, therefor no coverage to stream media whilst out of a wifi hotspot :O
    09-22-10 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD