So I haven't tried it before because I assumed it wouldn't work. But I am runnuing 4.3 and got YouTube to stream video (no buffering). Was this already known (I searched but could not find it), or is this not the same as 4.5? Also, does it work with Opera Mini in 4.5? And if it really is the same as 4.5, are there any real benefits of upgrading before an official release? TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 08:56 AM
    Youtube not being able to play without 3rd party websites (blueapple) was a concern with 4.2 or previous versions.

HTML email would be a benefit, but that's only if Verizon has updated their BIS servers or your company their BES.
    07-25-08 10:21 AM
    blueapple.mobi web video search

=8? )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 10:25 AM
    @handbra : i think you were wondering the advantage of 4.5 since you found that 4.3 can play YouTube!

OS 4.3 has always has the ability to play YouTube, and it is the same as OS 4.5...

Advantages of OS 4.5 included HTML email, video camera, Docs2Go, other stuff...
    07-25-08 10:29 AM
    Thanks, I was under the impression that the streaming stuff was only in 4.5. I have one more wuestion though. Is the browser in 4.3 the same as the one in 4.5?
    07-25-08 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD