And decided to throw your phone at it???
    lol...No. It just freaked me out something awful!
    10-26-07 09:56 AM
    I have had a BB for about 5 years updating regulary. Every BB has suffered at least one drop but none like the old trusty 7230 which liked to ride up in the holster (usually when i crossed the road) and try to escape....poor BB was so beaten up by the time i upgraded.
    10-26-07 10:42 PM
    Still a virgin. I did have a crazy dream last night though. I dropped my bb, the screen popped off and couldn't fix it. I woke up right away to make sure it really was a dream. I was real drunk when I got home so it could have been a possibility

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-07 12:11 AM
    As of yet I am drop free , but I will keep you posted .
    10-28-07 07:28 PM
    I was walking through the building, while carrying a portfolio, a Starbuck's caramel apple cider, two bagels from Panera, and my BB. I tried to balance everything on top of the portfolio so that I could grab my keys to unlock my office door. BIG MISTAKE! Needless to say, I ended up being thirsty, hungry, and sad! Nothing to eat, nothing to drink, and a small nick on the screen of my BB. I have GOT to find a holster for my BB.
    10-28-07 08:15 PM
    I've had one drop so far... I was a tipsy and texting =(

Thankfully it was half the drop one tile the other half carpet!
    10-28-07 08:39 PM
    Mine was a good one. Walking out the office door and pulling out of my jacket pocket and my pinkey snagged the corner of my pocket. The phone flew about 5 feet hit the first step, bounced down two more. The battery cover flew and so did some thing else. The something else is the button you press to remove the battery cover. I put it together but the cover would not stay on. I then realized a little spring that holds the button on also flew out. Not luck finding that little thing. Sprint had extra springs and had me covered in a few minutes. Only one scratch and it still works perfectly.
    02-19-08 11:04 AM
    Dropped it yesterday...I still...don't want to talk about it
    02-19-08 07:47 PM
    I dropped mine into the garbage can right beside my toilet. It was a good place to fall because it fell on a lot of scrunched up Kleenex tissues, so it was a very soft landing. However a foot away was water! I have got to be more careful.

I got talked into the rubberized skin when I got it and I am very thankful for that. It really does keep it from sliding around when it's lying flat. Sometimes I actually leave it on my leg for a short time while driving and it will stay there.
    02-19-08 08:43 PM
    Caught my toe in the usb cable as it was charging and off my desk it flew - carpeted floor. My otterbox arrived today and is installed.
    02-19-08 10:02 PM
    first drop... drinking on the second story of my house... great start right. i went to stand up and my curve fell out of my pj pocket. hit the roof on its screen and slid all the way down the shingles off the roof, then hit my truck, then the drive way... i almost fell off the roof trying to save it. horrible night. minor scratches to face and case. never reset work likes a charm. god i love this phone.
    02-20-08 02:34 PM
    I have a rubber case and pouch! That's how clumsy I am.. Lol

02-20-08 02:44 PM
    My first drop was on the T (subway). Very tragic. No scratches or anything just the pain of my heart jumping through my chest as I watched it fall to the dirty grimy germ filled floor. ick. I was trying to put it in my jacket pocket for easy access because I was in the middle of a heated text message argument....i'll never let that happen again.
    02-20-08 02:52 PM
    The first year I owned my 7250, no drops or nicks...I used a Bucket Boss cell phone pouch with a flap to secure the device. Worked great, but it was hard to get to the gadget. After the first year, despite the slick plastic of the housing, I gradually began using the OEM belt clip...after the first three months of using that, I was working under my truck, so I set the Blackberry on a folding lawn chair a few feet away. When I got back to my feet, I forgot where it was and folded the chair...BANG. In the time since, I have had several more hard drops onto concrete and the housing is scarred front and back from bumps and rubbing onto things (I'm a carpenter by trade) and the belt clip has worn down much of the aluminum fascia around the screen.

But it still works great...I wish everything I own was as reliable as my beloved Blackberry.
    02-20-08 06:12 PM
    Mine just happened a few hours ago. I couldn't sleep so I was listening to some music on my iPod Nano and also surfing the net. Eventually I dozed off, then I woke up and turned and then I hear something hit the ground. I was hoping it was the Nano but no, it was my 8310. It was inside a plastic hard case but still I didn't want to drop it. I must have some curse with phones or small gadgets, cause with every phone I've owned, I try so hard not to drop it but still do somehow.
    03-14-08 07:32 PM
    The first one is always the toughest to get over.......as are many first in life.
    03-14-08 08:56 PM
    I had my first one yesterday no damage
    03-14-08 08:57 PM
    OMG i just got my phone almost two week ago and i would DIE if my phone drop. i love my BB curve.
    03-14-08 09:06 PM
    It took 2 months before my first drop as I treated my BB as my baby. My first drop in the parking lot caused nicks on all 4 corners and I immediately ordered a skin. It has been nick free ever since.

03-14-08 09:24 PM
    Had mine for two weeks and no drops yet. I am encouraged by the fact that I didn't drop my last phone or the one before that so maybe I won't drop my little 'berry buddy.
    03-14-08 10:31 PM
    Someone bumped into me (by accident) while I was texting.

03-14-08 10:57 PM
    I've got mine in a skin and use a holster for it and so far (knock on wood) I have not dropped it in 3 months. When driving I keep it in a cradle that way I never forget that it's on my lap and drop it.
    03-14-08 11:19 PM
    I bought my 7290 a year and a half ago from someone; it was in rough shape. Since I've had it, I've dropped it 23 times so far.

This thing seems invincible. After reading this I feel so lucky and irresponsible.

03-14-08 11:40 PM
    My fist BB, 7520 Nextel was dropped so many times I had gouges in the battery cover!!! But it kept going. I had it pop apart at least 20 times and came right back. I even lanched it (big fight with the owner of the company I run) accross the room put a hole in the sheet rock bounce landed on the floor about 8 feet away and started to ring, I had a call!!!! I know have the 8830 WE which I am MUCH more carefull with but still it has hit about 4 times in about two months but just. a little scratch on one corner!!

03-15-08 12:03 AM
    I'm dropping mine right now!
    03-15-08 05:14 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD