since he gone now. what do you remember him by?

i can't think of any good moment to tell you the truth. i just remembered the horrible presentation he did during bb10 launch. never saw a more uncomfortable and boring presentation. when they had the countdown and he just whispered the number instead of being extremely excited. i thought right there bb10 will fail without it even launching. no one was even excited about it.
    11-04-13 01:10 PM
    Best moment? The moment he got canned. The man was a fraud put in place to trash the stock price for his buddy to attempt a coup. #fail
    11-04-13 01:19 PM
    While I am sure there is a lot on both the favorite and worst fronts to be pointed out I think it is worth noting that when Mr. Heins was hired it was seen by many, especially those here at CrackBerry, as being a very positive move.

There was a lot of "right man at the right time" talk, an optimistic view of what Mr Heins would bring to the future of BlackBerry, hell people almost immediately started referring to him by truncating his first name in the way one does with a friend. I just hope people remember all of that.

As for me:
    Favorite moment - getting BB10 and the devices to market.
    Worst moment - almost every public utterance, especially his view that BlackBerry did not need any major changes (paraphrased). Although I have been mostly positive on Mr. Heins I always felt (and have said so) that in speaking he has all the charm, charisma and credibility of a circa 1980 polyester clad used car salesman.

Was he the worst CEO in the world? No, not in my opinion. He was just better suited for a different role...maybe Chief Operating Officer.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    11-04-13 01:21 PM
    Best moment? The moment he got canned. The man was a fraud put in place to trash the stock price for his buddy to attempt a coup. #fail
    I'll second that motion.
    11-04-13 01:21 PM
    Best moments, any time he had someone else (who was clued in and knew there stuff, Vivak for example) to show off something.
    11-04-13 01:24 PM
    best moment, announcng bb10 devices to market f..

worst moment, announcing bb10 wont be coming to the playbook, although if they truly tried and it really wasnt smooth then fair enough. but irrespective of the reason, that was a sad moment.. bb10 is a great os and on a bigger screen would have been great. im waiting for the ability to connect my z10 to the pc and use its a mobile desktop now
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    11-04-13 01:29 PM
    my best thor moment was when he hoodwinked me about mobile computing mubo jumbo and then came the bomb tablets will be dead soon! i almost dropped my playbook1
    11-04-13 01:41 PM
    When he said the Q10 would sell tens of millions to the incredulous lady interviewing him ... and in reality it was more like tens of thousands.
    11-04-13 01:52 PM
    Best moment - Actually getting BB10 to market. Late or not, it happened.

Worst moment - What was already mentioned. A very sub-standard BB10 presentation. Also, his virtual hiding for the past few weeks.
    11-04-13 02:09 PM
    Worst...shaking hands with Alicia Keys during bb10 launch. Sooooooo awkward. Jdhooghe had it as his CB avatar for awhile and I couldn't look directly at it - makes me cringe.

Posted via CB10
    nappp and Crackberrykills like this.
    11-04-13 02:12 PM
    Worst...shaking hands with Alicia Keys during bb10 launch. Sooooooo awkward. Jdhooghe had it as his CB avatar for awhile and I couldn't look directly at it - makes me cringe.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, yeah that was crazy awkward.

I don't know why they picked her in the first place.

?10
    nappp likes this.
    11-04-13 02:22 PM
    Because their marketing team is utterly incompetent. As are, it appears, all their senior management.
    11-04-13 02:40 PM
    I dont think I ever had and fave moments with T.H. Im sure is a very nice guy and he did try .. but he was the wrong guy for the job. No stage or sales presence ... to bad .. I dont think they are going to get a 3rd chance.
    11-04-13 02:46 PM
    Haha, yeah that was crazy awkward.

?10
    Isn't she still the Creative director or whatever her role is?
    11-04-13 03:21 PM
    best moment: getting BlackBerry 10 to the market.

Worse moment : not getting bb10 to the PlayBook after stating that it will.
    nappp likes this.
    11-04-13 03:51 PM
    Worst moment when he turned his back to the playbook
    nappp likes this.
    11-04-13 03:55 PM
    Worst moment? Every time he talked

Best moment? When he stopped talking
    Fuzzballz and nappp like this.
    11-04-13 04:04 PM
    Best Moment: That time Heins said, "Let's rock and roll this." I also liked the mention of "laser focus" constantly. It was extremely awkward, but rather enjoyable. I also liked the fact he was so accessible to CrackBerry Kevin, and by extension, CrackBerry Nation.

Worst Moment: the hiring of Alicia Keys as creative blah blah blah. She started off doing the job all wrong by tweeting from her iPhone. Now, to Keys' credit, she did use her white Z10 a lot at the NBA All-Star game. But, that was just one good bit from her. Moreover, I am still not sure what that whole your city campaign commercial thingy was about. She was just wailing away whilst pictures fell around her. What did that have to do with BlackBerry 10? Secondly, the whole PlayBook fiasco was just horrendous. At the very least, they could have released what they had in beta, and maybe put a disclaimer out there that it would not run optimally, but here it is for those two folks who still used their PlayBook.

I would like to say that whilst I never thought Heins was right for CEO, I thought he did okay with what was given to him. I think AG is correct, however, that Heins was more of a COO type than a CEO. I really wished the powers to be at BlackBerry would have gone with that setup initially, and maybe gone with a CEO that was not connected to BlackBerry. Some new blood. Oh well. Nothing to do about that now. I hope the next fellow or fellow-ette, hee, will actually get some things done.

Final note: On the off chance the new CEO actually reads this, hey, please consider letting those TAT folks go crazy just one time. For some reason the current BlackBerry folks seem to have their cannons aimed at gimmicky things not being added to the OS. I love gimmicks! Not so many that I am befuddled, but enough where I can say, "Nifty!" Anyhoo, that is all.
    Last edited by Crackberrykills; 11-04-13 at 05:49 PM.
    anon(8181885) likes this.
    11-04-13 05:26 PM
    You know actually I am struggling with this question. Nothing about him really sticks out to me with what he did for BB, other than the launch of BB10, but in a way was horrible since the marketing was crap. I'm not sure exactly what he did. He seemed to be the least involved CEO imho and that's me comparing him to other similar CEO's. I guess I just feel neutral, since I honestly don't know what he did for BlackBerry other than have the CEO title.
    11-04-13 07:11 PM
    Best: Let's rock and roll this! *Fist Pump*
    Worst: Honestly, just the way he disappeared after the Q10 launch

I really thought Thorsten was the man for the job for a long time, not sure I can jump at his throat quite yet
    11-04-13 07:28 PM
    Best moment: The momentum when he first started, meeting with Kevin, the BB10 launch, getting it to market, albeit late.

Worst moment: How he misled the PlayBook owners, making it seem like he was going to bring BB10 to them. The disastrous shareholders meeting and earnings call.

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    11-04-13 11:52 PM