How important is finger nails length in relationship to your abilities to type on your particular BB?

When I used my BB Pearl, finger nail length was little or no issue at all, but the Curve and 8700/8800 Series are different animals. Not that I walk around with long nails, but I definitely keep my nails trimmed more then usual.

Does anyone else have a new found discipline for their finger nails?
    06-23-08 03:37 PM
    I took my nails off when I got my BB - it was just too hard to text with them on, but it might be different for you - I just got to where I could type better on my computer and my BB with no nails.
    06-23-08 03:41 PM
    How important is finger nails length in relationship to your abilities to type on your particular BB?

When I used my BB Pearl, finger nail length was little or no issue at all, but the Curve and 8700/8800 Series are different animals. Not that I walk around with long nails, but I definitely keep my nails trimmed more then usual.

Does anyone else have a new found discipline for their finger nails?
    I think I'd have issues if I got acrylic nails, but I usually do self-manicures... and I'm hygienically conscious, so I keep my nails trimmed and filed at all times
    Last edited by LilCostello; 06-23-08 at 03:43 PM.
    06-23-08 03:41 PM
    I keep my nails very low because im a guitarist, but when they start to grow out just a bit i find it easier to use the qwerty keyboard. Just use the nail as opposed to my actual thumb
    06-23-08 03:43 PM
    I can type just fine on both with or without acrylics, and my natural nails are always pretty long as well.
    06-23-08 03:49 PM
    I have no problem with my acrylic nails. I use a combination of the corners of my thumbs and the nails themselves. I've sent over 500 texts this month, so I seem to be doing ok.
    06-23-08 03:50 PM
    Mine are short anyway so I usually don't have any problems, but when I get lax with nail length texting on my Pearl gets tedious. I can't even imagine on my brother's Curve.
    06-23-08 05:43 PM
    I never really keep my nail length too long, but when I get lazy they would be an issue when it came to typing on my blackjack. Have not had a problem with my curve so far though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 05:53 PM
    i keep mine a certain length bc when they get too long they slip between the keys on my pearl...irritates me and slows down my typing
    06-23-08 06:36 PM
    Just go ahead and bite em off

06-23-08 08:45 PM
    I have particularly long nails, and I can txt just fine on my curve. The spacing of the individual keys helps.

06-23-08 08:47 PM
    I have no problem with my acrylic nails. I use a combination of the corners of my thumbs and the nails themselves. I've sent over 500 texts this month, so I seem to be doing ok.
    i am the same! i dont have any problems with my nails-however i do keep them pretty short!!
    06-23-08 08:53 PM
    I type great with my long nails, it seems faster than when my nails were short.
    06-23-08 08:55 PM
    Just go ahead and bite em off

This is one of dem post only for dem girls. You and me we ain't got no business in this one!
    Unless you got Girly Finger Nails
    06-23-08 10:54 PM
    I seem to be able to type OK on my Curve with medium-length nails; I just wish I could get rid of the pudgy fingertips!
    06-24-08 11:10 AM
    hi all,
    i have been using my 8330 with my long nails and i have no problem typing, i also do nails for a living and friends with pda/smartphones that i do there nails have no problems with there typing.
    06-24-08 09:38 PM
    my finger nails are real short...as i bite them all the time...I know bad manners...
    06-24-08 09:40 PM
    Nails not a issue, but I sure gets a killer cramp in my right thumb...................lol

06-24-08 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";