Hey CrackBerry!

I've used Windows PCs for my entire life. Recently, my Dell Inspiron N5110 running Windows 7 broke and wouldn't start. This leaves me in the market for a new laptop.

Like I said, I've been using Windows for as long as I can remember. However, the extensive time I've had to spend with Windows 8 has not been pleasant, to say the least. It's actually quite a shame because I was one of those that welcomed Windows 8 with a lot of positive anticipation.

So, for the first time, I'm actually considering a MacBook Pro. OS X Mavericks added some really cool new features to Apple's PIM apps, apps I consider to be very important. Also, as a computer science major, I've heard that OS X offers very good software development tools (and most platforms allow for development on Macs). There's also the option to partition the OS or run Windows in a VM.

The other thing is that I'm heavy Outlook and SkyDrive user, though I have iCloud sync on my Z10 as well.

So my question is: what kind of laptop do you combine with your BlackBerry? Mac users: is there anything you have to do differently on Mac with BlackBerry management than on Windows? If you've transitioned from Windows to Mac, how did you find it? Windows users: what Windows 8 ultrabook would you recommend?
    07-15-13 07:10 PM
    I have the mac book pro 15" retina I7, apple makes the best laptops on the market. Very user friendly, you can install Microsoft Office for Mac, fast , never get a virus, best browsing experience for a laptop

Posted with my Z10
    raggdoll likes this.
    07-15-13 07:19 PM
    If you ever want to install the leaks that come out, you cannot do it from a Mac or from a VM. It has to be done from a Windows PC or Bootcamp on the Mac. I have a MacBook Pro, but always have access to PCs, so I'm not dependent on the Mac to do all of my BB Z10 management.

I agree with most of what Eric said, with the exception of "never get a virus". That is not true.
    07-15-13 07:22 PM
    If you ever want to install the leaks that come out, you cannot do it from a Mac or from a VM. It has to be done from a Windows PC or Bootcamp on the Mac. I have a MacBook Pro, but always have access to PCs, so I'm not dependent on the Mac to do all of my BB Z10 management.

I agree with most of what Eric said, with the exception of "never get a virus". That is not true.
    Whoops, I should've mentioned that I don't use leaks, only official carrier software. Thanks for your response, though!
    07-15-13 07:26 PM
    I don't laptop on a regular basis, but I do have some bottom-of-the-barrel Vaio laptop for portable use.

I wouldn't recommend a Sony laptop.
    07-15-13 07:30 PM
    Current laptop is a macbook and Desktop is Windows 7.

I'm not a big fan of OSX and am in the market for a PC Laptop.

I've never owned a windows laptop and am leaning towards a budget end HP. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:09 PM
    Primary computer is Acer Aspire S7 that boots most of the time into Zorin OS 7 (Linux). Desktop PC is one I built.
    07-15-13 08:19 PM
    Mac book pro (Bootcamp) and Z10...for now

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:17 AM