A lot of the glitches (be honest there are a few) I can live with on BlackBerry 10 (Z10 FTW)

My biggest peeve is when I'm reading someone's text message and they send me another while I'm still viewing the conversation...
    ...to clear it from HUB notifications I have to re-open the conversation... (I've already read it!?)

My variety of OCD means I like the HUB to be clear and clean looking 0_o

Not having to re-open a message I've already read would be a god send! Plus, save me a sh!t load of time ^^

What's yours...??

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    09-16-14 03:48 PM
    THE BATTERY!!!

Lol no but seriously. I find the music app to be pretty terrible. I have a lot of issues where it will just stop playing music and stop reading my SD card. A battery pull fixes it until it happens again. Tracks also skip while playing music through bluetooth. Only happens when I'm using the phone though.

Besides these 2 (3 rather) issues, it's a very good smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 03:55 PM
    Battery is my huge issue with the Z10.

And please don't anyone bother telling me how they get 4 or 5 days out of their battery by changing some settings or whatever. The Z10 battery is horrible.

Other than that I'm reasonably pleased with my Z10. It's showing its age s but, overall for phone that's nearly two years old it is holding up pretty well. I'm really hoping that a replacement will be coming in early 2015.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-16-14 04:01 PM
    Many times, I have full coverage and reception, but I'll try to send a text message and it won't go past the red clock symbol. Built to keep me moving? How come I can't expect a text to be sent when I have full reception? I turn my phone off and on and then the text will send.

Also, sometimes at school, my Wifi goes on and off depending on location. So I'll quick toggle the Wifi off and all of a sudden the 4GLTE all caps will show up, get around 4-5 bars but NO BLACKBERRY FUNCTIONAL LOGO. The data connection is nothing without that small logo and it won't show up next to the 4GLTE.

ONE final thing, sometimes when I type on crackberry, or an email, or anything really, I can't slide back my left thumb to erase. I'm so used to using the swipe back function but sometimes it won't work and it will type a letter instead (whichever letter I began swiping back from).

Just FYI, I'm on Verizon and run the official latest OS, no leak

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:15 PM
    The contacts app is a joke. The fact that something so fundamental can be so epically screwed speaks volumes.
    09-16-14 04:20 PM
    Battery and drop calls.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:26 PM
    The contacts app is a joke. The fact that something so fundamental can be so epically screwed speaks volumes.
    Yes! ^^This^^

Completely ridiculous.

09-16-14 06:40 PM
    I just want to comment on why BBM won't give out anymore free stickers. I think that people on BlackBerry should be entitled to the odd free giveaway of random stickers. It happened in the beginning. And when I upgraded from z10 to the best BlackBerry ever made z30 ( best phone) ever made I lost my classic wwe stickers and it really bothered me. I know it sounds childish but we BlackBerry lifers love our product and need to feel special from time to time!

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 and Searchy like this.
    09-16-14 07:01 PM
    Contacts drives me crazy.
    Poor battery life.
    Must scroll through all photos to find the one I've most recently taken. I miss keyboard shortcuts & trackpad. Text selection or moving cursor is very frustrating. Until it learns to read my mind, I will always need the keyboard when I tap search - please automatically bring it up.

Adding someone who called to my contacts - even though their full name comes up with call display, it only transfers their phone number. And it won't let me copy/paste. So with complicated names, I have to write it down (with a pen + paper), then switch apps to enter the info into contacts. How primative!
    Davidro1 likes this.
    09-16-14 07:07 PM
    I still wish they would give an option to have the hub reset to its top layer after a few minutes. I don't mind going back after I'm done with a message, but it would be nice if I didn't have to if I wanted.

Posted via CB10
    ViceroyPete likes this.
    09-16-14 08:21 PM
    No shortcut to toggle Data Services
    09-16-14 08:24 PM
    Why exclude the battery?
    I use 3 per day....

Biggest complaint apart from the obvious app store/ecosystem inexistencies would probably be the browser which has a tendency to lag like hell when I open more than 15 tabs.
    Oh and the browser likes to reload tabs for no reasons.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 08:36 PM
    For me I'd like to have a better external speaker. I find it lacking while trying to watch videos.
    09-16-14 08:38 PM
    For me I'd like to have a better external speaker. I find it lacking while trying to watch videos.
    I'd agree with that. Hopefully the Z10 replacement will feature natural sound like the Z30.

09-16-14 09:32 PM
    The photo app is terrible, double typing issues which are driving me insane.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 09:34 PM
    - backup/restore software. Nothing like backing up your contacts and then having a bunch go missing. I find contacts with a LinkedIn profile lose their phone numbers.
    - Bluetooth. Music skips when a new Bluetooth connection is made including my BB music gateway. Plus why does a closed music app open and start to play music when someone hangs up after a phone call?
    - Pictures app. Can I have at least a way to organize from new to old. I hate to scroll all the way to the bottom to get the newest pic. Of course this can be circumvented by using the camera app as the pictures are in the reverse (newest first) order.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    09-16-14 10:17 PM
    Battery is my huge issue with the Z10.

And please don't anyone bother telling me how they get 4 or 5 days out of their battery by changing some settings or whatever. The Z10 battery is horrible.

Other than that I'm reasonably pleased with my Z10. It's showing its age s but, overall for phone that's nearly two years old it is holding up pretty well. I'm really hoping that a replacement will be coming in early 2015.

I am going to tell you (again) that my Z10 battery is not horrible. Change your settings or whatever.
    09-16-14 10:22 PM
    SMS freeze

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:15 PM
    We all (except Pinocchio and his friends) understand that battery is the biggest issue... there are however ways around this.

Thread's for other miscellaneous things that bother you/us, something that really boils your bunions. (apart from the power cell) ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    MarsupilamiX and Anthony_2u like this.
    09-16-14 11:30 PM
    I am going to tell you (again) that my Z10 battery is not horrible. Change your settings or whatever.
    Funny guy.
    I use 3 batteries a day to make it through a business day.
    This is without 4G, GPS, NFC, periodical Bluetooth+Wifi and the display at half brightness.

I literally can't change more settings to save battery life.
    There.is.nothing.left.to.change

So I totally get the user Crazygee in the regard of battery life.
    If I wouldn't like my phone, the battery life alone would be a reason for me to switch to an Android phablet...

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 02:24 AM
    We all (except Pinocchio and his friends) understand that battery is the biggest issue... there are however ways around this.

Thread's for other miscellaneous things that bother you/us, something that really boils your bunions. (apart from the power cell) ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    I did talk about the browser before, but the contacts app and my 500 duplicate entries it creates all of the time, are a huge annoyance as well.

BlackBerry link is a PoS...
    Sorry for those words, but I haven't had a syncing/backup software which sucks so damn much, since the days of the Nokia N95.
    And that was probably in 2005/2006.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 02:28 AM
    Link is fubar for sure...

Not storing contacts to ph - enables them to be restored a fresh...

Other, I make sure data is cloud based... so it also can be restored later...

System settings takes a little time, but - you can't win em all ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    09-17-14 03:03 AM
    Sorry, I'm not going to argue with you on this. There are definitely enough threads on CB to justify my statement that the batter is terrible.

09-17-14 08:54 AM
    I agree with you

Your biggest peeve (non battery related for Z10 users)-img_20140917_094020.png

Average battery life for me is 10 hours(more than enough to get me through the day), on my Q I'd say about 15 hours average.

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    09-17-14 09:13 AM
    Average battery life for me is 10 hours(more than enough to get me through the day), on my Q I'd say about 15 hours average.

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    I get 10 hours on a good day. 9 with a little more usage. But 10 hours is what I get most days. That isn't enough to get me through a day. My shifts are 12 hours long. My day (time between sleeping) is about 15 hours. I have to plug in my Z10 part way through the day.

10 hours is terrible. Many Z10 uses have to carry a spare battery or a car charger. I don't think most people would call that a good battery.

Last edited by crazigee; 09-17-14 at 09:49 AM.
    09-17-14 09:39 AM
64 123