I have YouMail and although I get a text when I have a new vm, I also like to get the red star on the YouMail icon to let me know. However, sometimes it shows up when I have a new vm and sometimes it doesn't (even though i have a new vm waiting). Why is this inconsistent? Any ideas? Happen to anyone else?
    12-10-09 03:37 PM
    Weird? I don't even have the YouMail app installed on my phone, so i don't know what to say. I find it redundant for the same reason your explaining. I have it setup to get a text with a new voicemail, which I then can check my voice mail by calling the number. I also have email setup too, but have it filtered so it doesn't come to my phone. I can check my voice mails on my phone by calling the number or logging in to my email account on the computer.
    12-10-09 04:39 PM
    The YouMail app only checks the YouMail server every so often to see if you have a message waiting.

If you really want redundancy, you can have YouMail send you an email with an mp3 of the message attached to it. Also true of GoogleVoice and HulloMail.
    12-10-09 05:09 PM
    I noticed when I was running the youmail app on my 8110 that it would not monitor my account and update until it was manually opened once after every time I turned the device off and back on. I just got in the habit of opening the app right after turning the phone on every morning. Not sure if its the same issue but might be something to check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD