So long as my BlackBerry turns on, works as it currently does, I have no reason to switch or get a new device.

Bottom line is, I will stay as long as my BlackBerry continues to work each day. When it ceases to do that, that's when I likely to switch to Apple.

Jumping to another platform based on so many unknowns right now, in my view, is a little premature. I'm ok to wait for things progress further.

My guess, BlackBerry in some form will continue to exist
    That raises interesting questions... for those of us on subsidised legacy devices, I wonder if the telcos have an obligation (contractually or otherwise) to maintain some form of BIS server lest it somewhat cripple older devices... Would be interesting to read through the paperwork and see the telcos obligations versus the user and/or the impact on remaining subsidy payment/contract fees..
    08-12-13 11:38 AM
    This is exciting news! Why would anyone be stupid enough to jump ship NOW??!!
    08-12-13 11:40 AM
    Idem! tambi�n me quedo!
    08-12-13 11:42 AM
    I got my z10 in Feb and I'm still loving it. It is not fully complete yet but I think 10.2 is shaping up pretty nicely.

Anyone remembers iPhone 1? Or the first Android? Granted BlackBerry is slightly late but, it has only been 6 months and they are pushing updates faster than what apple did to catch up.

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    Staying... unless an Asian company gets it's hands on the assets. None of them have any reliable track record on security and privacy.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    I myself will be staying. I will consider leaving when/if they do a joint venture and someone else is making the phones and they are less attractive.
    08-12-13 11:43 AM
    BlackBerry till the end
    robhenry24 likes this.
    08-12-13 11:47 AM
    Why change? So you can follow the latest trends and fads? BBRY forever!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 11:50 AM
    On another note:

The markets seem to be taking the news well. BBRY up 7% so far today.
    08-12-13 11:54 AM
    I would imagine that, a lot the whole "BB10 onto PlayBook" thing that the majority of the retail public would be unaware.

Having said that, I'll do what I always do:- wait until whatever device I'm using is on it's last legs, evaluate what is available or scheduled at that time, and make my decision based on that. Who knows what the next 12-18 months holds as far as tech is concerned - it's far too early to take that call
    That's what I plan to do too.
    08-12-13 11:55 AM
    Can not wait for the Z30. What was the question again?

The Z10 is powered by BB10 and electricity; not the stock price!
    nico2004 likes this.
    08-12-13 11:56 AM
    How will this affect production of the Z30? Anyone care to speculate? Would BBRY improve its value by going ahead with the project or should it take the defensive stance of "not throwing good money after bad..."?
    08-12-13 11:57 AM
    With today's news I can't help but wonder how potential buyers of smart phones will feel. I already have my Z10 but I'm almost certainly going to switch to a more stable platform in a years time.

Are you going to keep your blackberry In a years time or go to a different platform?

Posted via CB10
    Seriously - isn't it premature for such melodrama? Nothing has happened other than that they've said they're exploring strategic options. I doubt the boogyman is going to jump out from under the bed tomorrow morning and cause my phone to shoot death rays at me.
    08-12-13 11:59 AM
    You would have to kill me first. (apple probably has an app for that)
    This could be just what the doctor ordered. It's not working now anyway.
    08-12-13 12:02 PM
    Stay forever... I have high hopes that BlackBerry will never die
    08-12-13 12:04 PM
    Honestly unless the company is seriously burning cash like Nokia then there is not a need to worry about your phones not being supported or the company not being around. I see them being taken private by Fairfax (Prem Watsa stepped down for conflict) and Canada pension plan group and then maybe trying to create a partnership with another company like Lenovo who needs someone to get into the American smartphone market with, can produce hardware cheaply (great supply chain), allows BB to compete in markets like China(and other Asian countries) and also has a large standing in markets like BB such as enterprise with their computer business. Another partnership could be with IBM for enterprise services.
    If Lenovo buys them all corporate and government sector will evaporate...do you really think the governments will use a device owned by the Chinese?
    08-12-13 12:04 PM
    Staying for now as I paid full price for my Z10. Will be upgrade eligible in a couple months, but am probably going to ride the BBRY rollercoaster and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 12:06 PM
    Staying...
    Can't wrap my head around Apple's ithis and ithat. Android, no thanks. WP8, dont know enough about it.

I'm good where I am.
    08-12-13 12:07 PM
    Staying...
    Can't wrap my head around Apple's ithis and ithat. Android, no thanks. WP8, dont know enough about it.

I'm good where I am.
    Let me fill you in on Win8:

Tuittyfruity crap in a basket with a corporate mentality that that piece of effluvia is also good enough for a desktop.

Now just describing it BRB need to puke.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-12-13 12:09 PM
    Let me fill you in on Win8:

Tuittyfruity crap in a basket with a corporate mentality that that piece of effluvia is also good enough for a desktop.

Now just describing it BRB need to puke.

The fact that he said WP8 and you responded with Win8, goes to show what you really know.

Spoken like someone who has never used a WP8 device but just read the news articles
    08-12-13 12:12 PM
    Heading for the exit.

If this is the end of the handset business then it's over. If you think there's a lack of developer support now, just wait, it's going to get uglier.

Going to stick it out until at least 10.2 but after that might take a serious look at a Samsung or Moto Android device.

Sad day.
    08-12-13 12:14 PM
    Riding until the wheels fall off!
    What he/she said!
    maddie1128 likes this.
    08-12-13 12:17 PM
    The fact that he said WP8 and you responded with Win8, goes to show what you really know.

Spoken like someone who has never used a WP8 device but just read the news articles
    It was a typo, sorry.

I meant Windows Phone 7/8 and Windows 8 are both abominations from Microsoft and they should cease and desist, check Ballmer and his advisers into a rehab facility immediately, and return to Windows 7 for desktop and for mobile keep Metro but make it professional and living up to of the Windows brand, not some tuity fruity pile of crap. But yes, Windows 8 is much more of an issue than Windows Phone.

Clear now?

ShazPrimus likes this.
    08-12-13 12:21 PM
    Staying with BlackBerry until there is an actual reason to leave. The news today doesn't change anything in the short term. Long term who knows but I love the Q10 and Bold 9900 form factor which no other company has. Hopefully sales pick up as well as OS updates bring needed improvements.
    08-12-13 12:25 PM
    No point in switching. The phone so far is great for uses. Even if there is a sale the BlackBerry line will likely stay around for a few years BlackBerry 10 as an OS will be for sure.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 12:27 PM
624 12345 ...