I just joined BlackBerry from iPhone, and am disappointed to hear the news...

But is BlackBerry going to be no more soon? So I basically have to get a different phone?
    That's a possibility. Most of us are taking the "wait-n-see" approach and enjoying our BlackBerries until then.

Posted via my sexy z10 (~_*)
    09-05-13 09:07 PM

But is BlackBerry going to be no more soon? So I basically have to get a different phone?
    Ouch.....bad timing
    09-06-13 01:44 AM

Not necessarily. If BlackBerry vanishes, your phone will not turn into a pile of dust.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-06-13 09:02 AM
    Not necessarily. If BlackBerry vanishes, your phone will not turn into a pile of dust.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    True. There's a post in the Z10 forum about a guy who is still using his Pre 2 -- which came out about the same time as the 9800 did in 2010 -- and is just now looking to upgrade. So plenty of people are using devices from companies that no longer exist. Of course, there will be no OS updates, etc., but it won't magically cease to function. (Oddly, the guy with the Pre 2 that I mentioned is looking to upgrade to the Z10 -- at least he has experience dealing with the situation.)
    09-06-13 09:08 AM
    True. There's a post in the Z10 forum about a guy who is still using his Pre 2 -- which came out about the same time as the 9800 did in 2010 -- and is just now looking to upgrade. So plenty of people are using devices from companies that no longer exist. Of course, there will be no OS updates, etc., but it won't magically cease to function. (Oddly, the guy with the Pre 2 that I mentioned is looking to upgrade to the Z10 -- at least he has experience dealing with the situation.)
    Yeah, my sister has been using a Nokia E73 for a long time and looking to get the Q10, now that T-Mo has wifi calling enabled. Yes, she's well informed with the latest news on BlackBerry, but she doesn't care.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-06-13 04:34 PM
    I'm gonna ride this cow until ol' Bessie collapses and dies. Then I'll have steak and enjoy that till I die!!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    09-06-13 05:01 PM
    I'm gonna ride this cow until ol' Bessie collapses and dies. Then I'll have steak and enjoy that till I die!!

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant!!! Thanks for the chuckle! I like mine rare!

From Zed to U via CB10
    09-06-13 06:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Well, glad it's ol" Bessie and not Mr. Ed(the talking horse).

Posted via my sexy z10 (~_*)
    09-07-13 12:29 PM
    For the record...I'm still here!

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-08-13 12:51 AM
    For me it's just the keyboard. BlackBerry has the best keyboard feel of all. I find a non-physical keyboard or swyping too challenging. But I use the bold over the Q10. BlackBerry stupidly eliminated in the Q10 the ease of email, cutting and pasting, maneuvering in text, etc., that existed in older models. If iPhone or Samsung had the BlackBerry keyboard, with all their great apps, no reason to stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 01:00 AM
    I will stay until we all hear the official word on what is going to happen with blackberry. If that word is not good i.e. no more software upgrades and no new devices then that will probably be it for me. Rather leave with good memories of BlackBerry than stick it out to the end and have horrible memories as my phone starts to die

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 01:08 AM
    With today's news I can't help but wonder how potential buyers of smart phones will feel. I already have my Z10 but I'm almost certainly going to switch to a more stable platform in a years time.

Are you going to keep your blackberry In a years time or go to a different platform?

Posted via CB10
    I'm staying for the long haul. Why leave when it does everything I need it to do?

Marijuana news, Strain Reviews, Pics, etc. Come hang out with us at Roc's Corner C000A8BE4.
    09-08-13 05:01 AM
    For me it's just the keyboard. BlackBerry has the best keyboard feel of all. I find a non-physical keyboard or swyping too challenging. But I use the bold over the Q10. BlackBerry stupidly eliminated in the Q10 the ease of email, cutting and pasting, maneuvering in text, etc., that existed in older models. If iPhone or Samsung had the BlackBerry keyboard, with all their great apps, no reason to stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Can you explain more about what earlier models had which made it easier re emails, cut and paste options, etc, compared to Q10? I have used some of the earlier models mainly Bold and now have both the Z10 and Q10.

Posted using my Q10
    09-08-13 03:42 PM
    Microsoft could easily buy BlackBerry merely to shut it down to eliminate competition and secure their number 3 position.

Posted via CB10
    I will not go enirely with this view that someone would pay north of USD5Billion and moth ball the acquisition to help the Buyer's products. Way too high a price to pay for that and specially with so many users and excellent functional patents and developments. What the buyer might do is to use the products but load it's own systems and apps to enhance user demand. Then over time as acceptance to its system is seen gradually phase out the acquired technology. This will be over three to five years. I don't expect my phone to last over three to five years anyway.

Posted using my Q10
    09-08-13 03:53 PM
    I'm staying til I'm forced to make a switch which I believe is years away even if it does eventually become a reality. However, if BlackBerry sold tomorrow and I had to decide, as much as it pains me to say it because I have tried and absolutely hate the phone, I'd follow the herd over to Apple and snatch up an iPhone. I have a work and personal iPad, and a work and personal MacBook Pro. My work phone is actually an iPhone and while I think it's a piece **** the cloud integrates super smoothly across my work phone, iPad, and Mac Pro. But again, the phone is ****. It would merely be a convience purchase. Bottomline, I'm with BlackBerry til my carrier, says sorry Sir but your phone no longer will work on our network or until the OS becomes completely obselete and I definitely think I can get a couple years out of the Q10 on 10.2 if necessary.

Verizon Q10...posted from Philadelphia
    09-08-13 04:11 PM
    Can you explain more about what earlier models had which made it easier re emails, cut and paste options, etc, compared to Q10? I have used some of the earlier models mainly Bold and now have both the Z10 and Q10.

Posted using my Q10
    The trackpad made it easier to jump to an exact spot, and select and copy a very specific portion of text with the Shift key, down to the exact letter within a word. 10.2 brings a substantial improvement to the process in that the option to copy the selection will pop up right away. 10.1 required a further two taps to copy.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-08-13 04:26 PM
    Done with my z10.... android it's just way too far ahead of any other OS

Posted via CB10
    Lmfao....smh

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 04:27 PM

Posted using my Q10
    There are many great things about the Q10, but cutting and pasting are not one of them. On the bold, one could easily highlight, cut, move and paste text in emails easily and consistently by holding alt and using the trackpad. It was so easy to accurately move the curser. With the new OS one now has to tap the screen accurately, adjust the blue points which get sticky, tap the screen, etc. That alone requires more manual dexterity. Then the screen tapping doesn't always pull out the menu. Personally, I find it frustrating, and it takes me a lot longer to cut, paste, etc., on the Q10 than the bold.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 04:48 PM
    Well it's official. It didn't take long, but I sold my z10 and moved on to the note 2. I wanted to wait it out, but I already saw the z10 prices on ebay dropping, I needed to get the value for my bb. Now it's sold and on its way to Kentucky, and I'm on my way to uncharted territory. The writings on the wall. It's over guys

Posted via CB10
    Over for you at least.
    I'm a little confused though. One doesn't buy a phone based on resale value. The value of the phone is how well it serves your needs.
    I'm getting tons of value from my Z.

Enjoy your new journey. No matter how unnecessary it is.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 04:55 PM
    Yeah, my sister has been using a Nokia E73 for a long time and looking to get the Q10, now that T-Mo has wifi calling enabled. Yes, she's well informed with the latest news on BlackBerry, but she doesn't care.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Word of Caution: Don't have her jump too soon for T Mobile WIFI calling unless she understands (1) exactly how it works, and doesn' t work, on the Q/Z (and in general) and (2) what the downside to OS10 updates will be if a big reason to change to TM/OS10 is for WIFI calling. (Not germane to this thread, but I can elaborate elsewhere.)
    09-12-13 11:51 AM
    Word of Caution: Don't have her jump too soon for T Mobile WIFI calling unless she understands (1) exactly how it works, and doesn' t work, on the Q/Z (and in general) and (2) what the downside to OS10 updates will be if a big reason to change to TM/OS10 is for WIFI calling. (Not germane to this thread, but I can elaborate elsewhere.)
    She's been on T-Mo for a long time, so she knows how wifi calling works in general. But please PM me if you are aware of any nuances pertaining to BB10.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-13-13 08:57 AM
    The question is will berryleaks still be releasing leaked os

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:39 AM
    I will not go enirely with this view that someone would pay north of USD5Billion and moth ball the acquisition to help the Buyer's products. Way too high a price to pay for that and specially with so many users and excellent functional patents and developments. What the buyer might do is to use the products but load it's own systems and apps to enhance user demand. Then over time as acceptance to its system is seen gradually phase out the acquired technology. This will be over three to five years. I don't expect my phone to last over three to five years anyway.

Posted using my Q10
    Actually, I might have been the first to espouse the position--long before Nokia announcement--that Msft is in the best position to buy BB. Since the Nokia announcement and a flop in unit sales of the OS10 phones (rather than price per se), I agree that it makes less sense for MSFT to purchase BB. Why buy BB when MSFT is already number 3 and BB might die of its own accord anyway? MSFT would buy BB now only because of some true strategic contribution/importance and never at anywhere near $5B net, or even gross. I'd be surprised if this baby is going down for $10/share (~$5B); if so then an announcement will be made during the next 30 days but otherwise look for as little as $6 and maybe to $8/9. (Watch for the shorts to shake out before setting a price of $10+.)

Anyone buying BB for more than 3-4B net of cash on hand surely would be overpaying. BUT remember, or know, it is the power of strong share prices and huge float that allows a company (scuh as MSFT) to buy and absorb BB with little more than a burp, if they chose. Such is the leverage that a publicly traded company can bring to bear. A private investor (w/o access to blending such shares in its purchase) has a much deeper burden on a $4B purchase, or any purchase for that matter.
    09-13-13 12:17 PM
    On the edge of leaving. Might get a g2. I'm starting to miss all the apps I bought for android. This keyboard is a beast though.

Q10
    09-14-13 06:01 PM
624 ... 232425