BlackBerry released the 10.3.2 update just a few months ago. They also announced the plans for 10.3.3 next year. How much do you want really?

Apple releases a yearly update for their OS, yet, you do not make any comments about that.

BlackBerry is still supporting BlackBerry 10 OS
    I don't like being the one to have to tell you this, but: that's not good enough. No one wants to eat plain oatmeal three times a day, no matter how much it will lower their cholesterol (a LIE!). BlackBerry's actions and / or inaction re: BB10 causes death spiral. You can't say what new things will come to light that will be denied to BB10 users because BB10 is being effectively idled. This concern drives these threads. Possibly, BlackBerry Ltd. may decide that the cost to their reputation is too great and that more... decisive... action on BB10 is needed.

Can you say what "decisive" means? Do you imagine it means BlackBerry will hire back 100 developers and put 10s of millions of dollars into BlackBerry development, including things like adding biometrics to BB10 hardware to compete with other leading handsets?

No, I think you imagine that if BlackBerry makes any "decisive" moves about BlackBerry 10, it will not be to invest. It will be to divest i.e. kill it entirely.

Of course current BB10 devices won't brick instantly. It isn't being "supported" though, not in any real sense. It's idling, going nowhere. No matter what you and the "BB10 is still supported" chanters say, no, it's not enough. And saying it doesn't make it true. Chen said it and it's not true (except with a fine-print footnote) like:

BlackBerry 10 is still supported1

1 no new features will be added. minor bug fixes and security fixes only to be relased in 6 months. no new handsets running BB10 have been designed or developed. availability of devices in the market will decrease further. carrier support is non existent. developer relations team dismissed. most of handset design division dismissed. Because eff you, that's why.
    09-26-15 12:19 AM
    I just want a new device running BlackBerry 10 and be able to keep up with the Jones on the spec sheet for once. Is that so much to ask.. this z30 is getting old.. it needs a replacement

Posted Via CB10 on my Bedliner sprayed Z30
    09-26-15 12:20 AM
    I actually think there was a new BB10 device in production - it was the slider - when it was clear that nothing was turning around BB10, it became an Android device - because the release date would be roughly a year after the passport.
    JeepBB and Jahcure like this.
    09-26-15 02:58 AM
    It's not doomsday, it's reality.
    As explained many times by BB10 developers, there is 0 plans to update BB10 with key components for example with QT5.
    I plan to use my Z30 for another year and then look what is on the market. Gravitating towards iOS a.t.m.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 03:08 AM
    BlackBerry released the 10.3.2 update just a few months ago. They also announced the plans for 10.3.3 next year. How much do you want really?

Apple releases a yearly update for their OS, yet, you do not make any comments about that.

Posted via CB10
    Probably because he knows that while iOS and OS X may get one MAJOR update per year, they also get minor updates in between the majors.
    09-26-15 03:15 AM
    We are the the most loyal of fan bases when you look at it. We accept second rate low end hardware, we accept the app gap and tirelessly work around it, we've put up with serious bug such as call lag and WiFi drops, all because we can see that BB10 is the most functional OS on the market with universal inbox (hub) and perfected multi taking capabilities. With even many more qualities all tied together with gestures that accurately navigate in a timely manner.

It's a bad state of affairs when we the supporters show more love for this OS than the people down at Toronto. Personally I'm starting to think that the new android slider should have been named 'coffin nail' instead...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    09-26-15 03:27 AM
    Will this new Slider be already BB10 compatible from day one?
    09-26-15 04:47 AM
    Well I have an upgrade in less than a month and looks like a move away from BlackBerry. BB10 is being run down, I don't think we will see another BB10 device, if the slider sells then we will see more android phones but if not, that will be it for hardware.

I stuck with them with the playbook fiasco but I think enough is enough now, however you wrap it up BB10 is going to have a similar end as the playbook, looks like a move to ios, can't go android - hate google and windows suffers similar issues to bb10 regarding apps - disappointed but at the end of the day it is a phone and as they say, 1st world problems!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 04:57 AM
    I have zero doubts that BB will continue development of BB10, at least with 10.3.3. What I doubt is that it will be released in March of 2016. More like May 2016 or early summer.
    09-26-15 05:16 AM
    Will this new Slider be already BB10 compatible from day one?
    No.
    09-26-15 05:16 AM
    When BBRY has made an official statement that they will keep supporting BB10 OS that means they'll nail it down to the core. There would never be the Priv without the BB10 in the first place.

The world is changing and so is the trend. BBRY has to survive that's why they now are providing people with more choices and options however, BBRY is still BBRY, they won't ever forget who they are, and who they are is NOT an Android OEM, but BB10. Hence, it's good to know that Chen has made that statement. Means there will still be another BB10 phones to come to the market along with the upgraded features and capabilities following more updates to the BB10 OS.

Go BBRY!!!

Posted from my Classic
    09-26-15 05:43 AM
    When BBRY has made an official statement that they will keep supporting BB10 OS that means they'll nail it down to the core. There would never be the Priv without the BB10 in the first place.

The world is changing and so is the trend. BBRY has to survive that's why they now are providing people with more choices and options however, BBRY is still BBRY, they won't ever forget who they are, and who they are is NOT an Android OEM, but BB10. Hence, it's good to know that Chen has made that statement. Means there will still be another BB10 phones to come to the market along with the upgraded features and capabilities following more updates to the BB10 OS.

Go BBRY!!!

Posted from my Classic
    I wish it were true, but if that was the case they would be offering two versions of the Priv. One would be Android and the other would BB10.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and acovey like this.
    09-26-15 07:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    What came in any update after 10.2.1 that is major other than UI/icon changes? What features? Not much that I saw! I think my Android apps worked better under 10.2.1 too.

Posted via Z30
    09-26-15 08:01 AM
    When BlackBerry was updated to 10.2 to 10.2.1, the difference was huge, same with 10.3 to 10.3.1.

We will have to see what kind of update the 10.3.3 brings, but it does not change the fact that BlackBerry 10 is still being produced, and is still being supported.

Posted via CB10
    10.2 was a Z30 only code and 10.3 was a Passport only code. 10.2.1 was the official cross platform version of the 10.2.X line and 10.3.1 was the start for that line.

Posted via Z30
    09-26-15 08:03 AM
    Plain oatmeal? Z30 getting old? Dropped wifi? Biometrics? Who in the heck gets BORED with their BLACKBERRY? In what way is the Z30 not zippy-skippy? I am in awe of mine every time i turn it on still. My wifi works fine, and as for biometrics, i think BlackBerry lovers tend to not want biometrics on their phone. That's only part of what we like about BlackBerry, is whats NOT THERE, do you get it?

The Z10, Z30, Z3, Leap ... Am i forgetting any? Are plenty of good touchscreen phones to have out, they should not be expected to keep churning out a new version every six months just bc it's apple and androids' m.o. I think they have done a fine job of building up a selection, and the downside is selling their phones for less than they are worth.

Its not the quality of the phones that is the problem here.

I know i'm resurrecting a dead thread here but i just finished reading it tonite.

Posted with my happy dependable sturdy and fun to have PlayBook.

Throwing away your playbook is kinda like throwing away your record player. They're coming back into style, you know cuz they're better than what's come after.
    skstrials, TCB on Z10 and miker476 like this.
    10-05-15 11:36 PM
    Plain oatmeal? Z30 getting old? Dropped wifi? Biometrics? Who in the heck gets BORED with their BLACKBERRY? In what way is the Z30 not zippy-skippy? I am in awe of mine every time i turn it on still. My wifi works fine, and as for biometrics, i think BlackBerry lovers tend to not want biometrics on their phone. That's only part of what we like about BlackBerry, is whats NOT THERE, do you get it?

The Z10, Z30, Z3, Leap ... Am i forgetting any? Are plenty of good touchscreen phones to have out, they should not be expected to keep churning out a new version every six months just bc it's apple and androids' m.o. I think they have done a fine job of building up a selection, and the downside is selling their phones for less than they are worth.

Its not the quality of the phones that is the problem here.

I know i'm resurrecting a dead thread here but i just finished reading it tonite.

Posted with my happy dependable sturdy and fun to have PlayBook.

Throwing away your playbook is kinda like throwing away your record player. They're coming back into style, you know cuz they're better than what's come after.
    Ah, living in an alternate universe are we?

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    10-06-15 02:04 AM
    BB10 is the besr!!

  
    10-06-15 03:21 AM
    There's nothing wrong with being honestly aware of what's going on with something you have a vested interest in. But misinformation can lead to a stampede of supporters leaving the brand, causing a Self Fulfilling Prophecy.

Although it's not necessary to be Chicken Little, but equally we don't need to have our heads buried in the sand.

There seems to be a legitimate concern that someone without the mutual interest of the BlackBerry10 Faithful "maybe" at the helm steering the course of the company.
    So, while yelling "the Sky is Falling " might be premature. Letting your voices be heard above those claiming your concerns and "Patronage" in BlackBerry is not of value, might be worth considering.

It is somewhat disconcerting to have the Chief Spokesperson for the brand seemingly showing less faith in the Operating System and having less knowledge of the operation of the devices, than the people who are conducting the interviews.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 10-06-15 at 09:58 AM.
    10-06-15 03:31 AM
    One of the biggest BB forum is always talking about BB going down, no surprise the general public thinks that the company is dying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well they are going down. The sales reflect that. A company the size of blackberry was never going to disappear over night. It's a slow painful death.

Like watching an old lady trip and break her skull in slow motion

Posted via CB10
    1Criz likes this.
    10-06-15 03:37 AM
    I am bumping this thread since the board has been taken over by Doomsday preppers.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 06:30 PM
    I get a kick out of how everyone here mocked Android for years and now....well, you know.
    I don't mock it. I just don't like it. I tried for eight months and it never took.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 07:35 PM
    The problem with that is most don't want android or they would have left for it already. I like bb10. And I will stay with it till the wheels fall off. The problem was they got bad reviews from ***** tech sights saying there are no apps. Which was not correct. Which scared most people who might have been willing to try it. The rest. was BlackBerry dropping the ball. When sale didn't match what they wanted the tuck tale and hide. They never released a high end devise. Like everyone was asking. They stopped producing all touch phones which 90% of the market wants. ( you can say oh they didn't have the money to waste) but they have released the leap passport classic. Why not release a high end all touch in limited quantities. But no. The only answer we get is market share is slipping they are not selling phones. But they have yet to produce a phone that would entice android or ios users away.

Posted via CB10
    On inception, the tech sites were completely correct. Even if you ignore the android runtime now, there are still no major apps available on the platform. The mistake BlackBerry made was not launching BB10 with a full out runtime like now and some form of Android app store to compensate. The lack of native apps is a bigger issue than most people on CB like to let on. No one wants to spend hundreds of dollars and then have to do work arounds to get common apps that are readily available on Android and iOS. That and BlackBerry's public perception which is in the dumps.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 07:47 PM
    I am bumping this thread since the board has been taken over by Doomsday preppers.

Posted via CB10
    Well the BOD probably did need some new blood.
    01-07-16 07:51 PM
    I agree the BB10 doomsday threads plus the Android stinks threads are not helpful.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    Couver81 likes this.
    01-07-16 07:54 PM
    Why is everyone so busy trying to kill BB10 just baffles me :-O

Posted via CB10
    I think it's the Android junkies, they all want the same apps and they all want to be the same just like the iPhone junkies. A Blackberry without a Blackberry OS is NOT a Blackberry.
    tangozulu likes this.
    01-07-16 07:57 PM
84 1234