View Poll Results: Pearl or Curve Snob?

Voters
293. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pearl

76 25.94%
  • Curve

217 74.06%
    I have a Pearl now, but hoping to be a Bold snob soon!
    07-26-08 08:56 PM
    Motorola W175 snob

but seriously, phone snobbery? ahhhhahahahaha!
    07-26-08 09:20 PM
    i voted for the pearl and i am not a snob.
    07-26-08 11:46 PM
    I like my Pearl, I guess if I had a Curve, I'd like that.....It's kind of ridiculous to be a "snob" about ANY phone--you buy what you like, or what you can afford, and all the "you aren't as good as I am because you don't have the phone I think is cool" is frankly, STUPID......my only hope is that the people who constantly start these threads are not old enough to know better.
    Well, for a minute there, I thought I was amongst the elite when I had my iPhone. So yea, I experienced a moment of snobbery! But when that wore off and I came back down to earth, it became a glorified iPod.

In terms of affordability, I think that is where a lot of the snobbishness comes to play. You have people showing off their expensive devices like they are the only ones that can afford them. You're looking at Razors and thinking ewww- I'd never put one of those to my ear. At the end of the day, no matter how fabulous or addicted your are, it's still a phone.

Personally I find it embarrassing when my $300-600 phone drops a call while the $49.99 flip maintains it perfectly.
    07-26-08 11:55 PM
    Oh, the problems we have to face,,,
    I know 3G will solve it but until,,,I kept my Pearl 8100 for voice but, the 8300 is better for email. I like having both but by the time I plug in car chargers, and then ear buds, ( after the seat belt ) it looks like I am part of the Rover.

Can't decide.
    07-27-08 12:04 AM
    sCurve here.
    07-27-08 12:07 AM
    I am not a Snob..ok maybe a lil bit

CURVE SNOB!!
    07-27-08 12:16 AM
    Well I love my Pearl but I do admire my brother's Curve.
    07-27-08 12:16 AM
    I'm just a blackberry snob, but I rock an 8310.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 12:29 AM
    I like my Pearl, I guess if I had a Curve, I'd like that.....It's kind of ridiculous to be a "snob" about ANY phone--you buy what you like, or what you can afford, and all the "you aren't as good as I am because you don't have the phone I think is cool" is frankly, STUPID......my only hope is that the people who constantly start these threads are not old enough to know better.
    Just playing along and having fun, digus. I hope no one really thinks they're better or cooler than someone else because of the device on their belt. But what's the harm in a little light hearted fun? To paraphrase myself, "it's not in my nature" to be serious and/or stern all the time.

07-27-08 01:07 AM
    Just playing along and having fun, digus. I hope no one really thinks they're better or cooler than someone else because of the device on their belt.
    Read through enough posts an you'll discover there are tons of
    people that actually do. Sad as that may be.
    07-27-08 01:22 AM
    I was a pearl one until wednesday then became a curve again

07-27-08 01:33 AM
    Read through enough posts an you'll discover there are tons of
    people that actually do. Sad as that may be.
    I only read a few, AG. That is sad though, sure it's a lot of fun, but really, it is just an electronic device.

Hey, those of you who actually think you are somehow superior because of a little jumble of wires and plastic, get a grip on reality and don't make your machine into something it isn't. It's a work tool and a toy! It doesn't have feelings, it's not a live being. You are the same person you were before you got it.

07-27-08 01:51 AM
    I'm an 8830 World Edition elitist.
    07-27-08 02:13 AM
    I guess I'm a Pearl snob because I have one...but I want to be a Curve snob.
    This should be one of the choices. (:
    07-27-08 02:36 AM
    Curve.... i find the pearl trivial to use... keyboards not for me, im so QWERTY
    07-27-08 05:28 AM
    How do you add a poll onto a thread?

Oh, BTW I used to be a Pearl user, but now I'm too good for that I'm a Curve snob
    07-27-08 05:31 AM
    lmao @ too good for that!
    07-27-08 06:32 AM
    lmao @ too good for that!
    Filling the snob stereotype pretty well am I?
    07-27-08 06:44 AM
    I like slim things so PEARL not bulky SLIM

07-27-08 08:52 AM
    I have to admit I have not even used a any BB but my new pearl, but I do not think I could deal with curve size. I like to be able to throw the phone in my pocket without unsightly bulges. I must admit though my hand literally cramped half way through this post.

Last edited by Hewsinator; 07-27-08 at 01:34 PM.
    07-27-08 01:31 PM
    I have to admit I have not even used a any BB but my new pearl, but I do not think I could deal with curve size. I like to be able to throw the phone in my pocket without unsightly bulges. I must admit though my hand literally cramped half way through this post.

I've only used the Curve, but it's pretty slim and slides nicely into my pocket as well. I think both devices are very powerful, useful machines. I did have the opportunity to help a friend set up her Pearl and after using my Curve, it was easy for me to figure it out. I thought it was fine BB. I think the debate is comparing apples to apples; small differences, same fruit.

07-27-08 03:34 PM
    curve snobs are wreaking it
    07-28-08 03:58 AM
    Pearl Snob, but not completely. I like new gadgets so Thunder may be next
    07-28-08 06:42 AM
    Total Curve snob.
    07-28-08 10:22 AM
196 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD