Okay, what do you say to people who thinks that TREO is much better than BlackBerry. I'm a lover not a fighter, but when they say this, I just want to fight and kick and stump my feet co'z it gets to me

Pardon me, but I'm angry! (Am I supposed to put this thread somewhere else )
    10-18-07 03:05 PM
    And so the chinesecatt's claws come out. Had a very nice flirtation conversation with a CSR yesterday in the ATT stroe. She was a doll to deal with and we exchanged emails, but she reached in her pocket and pulled out the worst possible device with the word "PALM" written on it. She tried to prove to me that her email capabilities were better than mine...needless to say she's been "marked as spam"
    10-18-07 03:19 PM
    I normally wait about 10 minutes until it reboots and then laugh at them. 9 outa 10 times it's going to reboot since it's a unstable device.
    10-18-07 03:20 PM
    "Is that a Treo in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?" I'll give the Treo it's props for one thing: Threaded Text Messages. Palm is the gold standard for this. But it ain't enough to put up with the freezes and resets, especially when they come at the worst possible time. Like when answering an incoming call. That's what did it for me.
    Last edited by rambo47; 10-18-07 at 03:25 PM.
    10-18-07 03:23 PM
    "Is that a Treo in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"
    Oh I like that!

Besides the rebooting, what else? What's the downfall of Treo over BlackBerry(s)? I don't want to just say that You know, I should just let it go -- this is stressing me out hahaha. Stress = Wrinkles. Avoid! *sighs*
    10-18-07 03:32 PM
    BlackBerry FTW!
    10-18-07 03:35 PM
    I must say that the stability of BB is FAR superior than that of the Treo ... the one of the best things about the Treo though is the shear amount of third party applications for it ..... I however shall not be going back .... unless Palm gets their *^% together and put out a respectable device .... the "Centro" is a joke!
    10-18-07 03:40 PM
    For a bunch of things i think the bb is far better than the treo, but like wolfscmd said, there are sooo many (free) programs for it.
    Wish there were for the bb;-)!
    10-18-07 03:49 PM
    Now, it seems that the stability issues are on WinMo Treos, not ALL Treos. Is this the case? I know Garnet is outdated, but isn't it loads more stable than WinMo? The Palm OS is simply not keeping up with the platforms available, is all. Palm needs to get back to basics and do one thing, really well. The OS. There's already a bajillion devices out there. License the OS like you used to!

I just like my BlackBerry because it simply does what it is supposed to. I have more control over the OS and device configuration than your average phone, get more frequent updates, and, well, it just WORKS.
    10-18-07 03:51 PM
    ok...

I OWN a treo 700w.
    and all i want for christmas is my two front teeth...

and a new pearl from verizon....

in like...the WORST WAY...

-db

bacon tastes gooood...pork chops taste gooood.....
    sewer rat may taste like punkin pie but I'll never know.....
    10-18-07 03:51 PM
    I started out with a handspring treo before palm got ahold of it. After that I had a Palm T3 ... The T|X I bought at the beginning of summer locked up more than any other palm device I owned. I knew I was getting another smartphone when my new every 2 came up this month. I just didn't know which one and didn't want a Palm treo. I do miss all my palm software. Don't miss the instability! Loving my 8830!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-07 06:18 PM
    Thanks guys for this input. Now I can just say to the person who tells me that Treo's are better with "Yeah, your OS is so perfect (in a sarcastic way) end of discussion" (then change subject) Sometimes I really think I fight like a man!
    10-20-07 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD