I have a similar story. Was in a product demo for CCTV cameras and the manufacturer said their remote viewing App only works on iPhone and Android and that BlackBerry won't be supported. I downloaded their App via SNAP on my Z10 and held up my phone and showed the 15 attendees that it will work on BlackBerry10 devices. The presenter didn't believe me and came over to see, it was running more fluid on my Z10 than on his Nexus 5, he took some notes and said "well I guess I'm going to have to change my PowerPoint now".

Z10 10.2.1.3175 via CB10
    That certainly is not the general rule. An app designed for Android is not going to run better via snap on a bb10 device. I can't be wrong, can i?

Posted with my Q
    06-28-14 03:21 PM
    Once again proving BlackBerry MUST market better...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    06-28-14 04:09 PM
    I have so many similar stories! When I finally found a case that was satisfactory, it was imperative that it allowed for the BlackBerry logo to show!

I hear so often, "Wow! What kind of phone is that? What?! That's a BlackBerry?"

Yessir! It is!

Posted via CB10 from the AWESOME Z30; because I know!
    06-28-14 05:16 PM
    just hope BB brings out a killer all touch device
    they already did that. The Z10 is great, and the Z30 is even better.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    06-28-14 05:19 PM
    Lol funny how some people still don't know about BlackBerry 10 and all the new and improved BlackBerry products.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 06:54 PM
    The other day the owner of a video surveillance company noticed I had a new device and said with amazement, "You finally ditched your BlackBerry. What device is that? I am looking for something else once my contract is due in the fall"...... So here I am in that situation.....do I bother.....do I show him.....so instead I ask. Why are you ditching your iphone...."Well we went to iphone because of the apps for surveillance, but overall I am not impressed. Apple is such a money grab. We couldn't use BlackBerry because, well you know they are all keyboard and a little screen. I am thinking Android because they have the same Apps as Apple. So what is that device?"......I show him the back of the z30......"WHAT"......"Thats a BlackBerry! ". Guess who asked for a serious tour? 20 minutes later he was so impressed he is looking into going BlackBerry come this fall. We will see.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure you didn't forget to mention Android app support via Snap, Amazon, other stores or direct download, right?

Then he can have his surveillance camera app, too, if it's available for Android.

Well done.

Pasted via CB chen
    06-28-14 08:10 PM
    I have a similar story. Was in a product demo for CCTV cameras and the manufacturer said their remote viewing App only works on iPhone and Android and that BlackBerry won't be supported. I downloaded their App via SNAP on my Z10 and held up my phone and showed the 15 attendees that it will work on BlackBerry10 devices. The presenter didn't believe me and came over to see, it was running more fluid on my Z10 than on his Nexus 5, he took some notes and said "well I guess I'm going to have to change my PowerPoint now".

Z10 10.2.1.3175 via CB10
    Well played.

Hope he changed his PP then,...

Pasted via CB chen
    06-28-14 08:13 PM
    We need to be at a point where none of our cases and covers block the logo. Matter of fact they should make it more visible.

I hope somebody comes up with a cover that has a light up logo like mac computers. I hope they make an on /off switch and with a small watch battery so it doesn't use ur phone's charge.

One can only drean

Posted via CB10
    I have never had a case. Not on my Bold 9000 which I had for years. It was banged up, but never broken, then the z10, now the z30. They are tough.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:45 AM
    I'm sure you didn't forget to mention Android app support via Snap, Amazon, other stores or direct download, right?

Then he can have his surveillance camera app, too, if it's available for Android.

Well done.

Pasted via CB chen
    He asked for the tour, so he got demo from start to finish. Yes I showed him the android apps running the software he requires. Plus screen sharing and BBM video conferencing also blew him away. He was very excited. He sees how he can apply that process amongst his tech guys.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:51 AM
    That certainly is not the general rule. An app designed for Android is not going to run better via snap on a bb10 device. I can't be wrong, can i?

Posted with my Q
    Snap is just an APK grabber

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:55 AM
    OP I don't know how many times an iPhone user looking to drop apple thinking my z30 is an android phone. They almost have this ashamed look on their face when they realize that they are using the most outdated phone on the market. Most eventually get an android phone but I have gotten a few to get the z30. The z30 is hands down the best smartphone on the market.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 12:22 PM
36 12