call verizon, ask to be transferred to blackberry and have them change your provisioning for wifi. I've had problems with t-mobile, and the blackberry support said they have different provisioning tools or something.

sometimes on my plan mine things get "deactivated" for some reason, and the support is able to reactivate.

This is the reason the people that switch their plans suddenly have wifi working. Because the provisions changed when switching data plans.
    10-29-09 08:35 PM
    call verizon, ask to be transferred to blackberry and have them change your provisioning for wifi. I've had problems with t-mobile, and the blackberry support said they have different provisioning tools or something.

sometimes on my plan mine things get "deactivated" for some reason, and the support is able to reactivate.

This is the reason the people that switch their plans suddenly have wifi working. Because the provisions changed when switching data plans.
    what do you mean skip verizon tech support and go straight to rim, or tech support or who.
    10-29-09 08:38 PM
    Do you still have to call VZW first and get transfered to RIM?
    10-29-09 08:39 PM
    what do you mean skip verizon tech support and go straight to rim, or tech support or who.
    call verizon, ask to get to blackberry support. Then mention the provisioning. Tell them you already tried battery pulls, service books, HRT. They'll then to transfer you over to RIM, because at this point they don't know what else to do. That's how it works with T-Mobile anyways. RIM support will be able to change the settings (provisioning).
    10-29-09 08:44 PM
    anybody try this yet? pretty sure it'll work...and save you guys the extra $15/ month.
    10-29-09 09:13 PM
    EVERY
    Blackberry
    On
    Verizon
    REQUIRES
    a
    data
    plan....

No matter what....EVERY smartphone requires it.

Having the wi-fi provision doesn't matter with VZW customers...they still require a data plan on the BB's
    10-29-09 09:43 PM
    ^---What he said
    10-29-09 09:45 PM
    EVERY
    Blackberry
    On
    Verizon
    REQUIRES
    a
    data
    plan....

No matter what....EVERY smartphone requires it.

Having the wi-fi provision doesn't matter with VZW customers...they still require a data plan on the BB's

If you read the thread "wifi fix" members are saying that they are upgrading to the $45 unlimited data plan from their $30 data plan. I know bb's require a data plan.
    10-29-09 09:59 PM
    but if we are on the 29.99 plan..... isnt that "unlimited"?
    10-29-09 10:06 PM
    but if we are on the 29.99 plan..... isnt that "unlimited"?
    i believe the $45 is for the BES unlimited.
    10-29-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD