I'm not trying to convince anybody. Life is about choice and there's a reason why there're so many manufacturers and operating systems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    dee. and bodjor like this.
    01-10-13 04:29 PM
    Haha, at the Iphone story.

I mean no offence to Iphones, but some people who have them do tend to annoy the life out of you about them, this generally puts me off the phone when they do that, so I don't bang on to them about my phone or whatever, I just let the phone itself convince them hehe
    01-10-13 04:30 PM
    It's a little too early to start pushing something that's not yet available. I do tell people it is a little too soon to count RIM out and to stay tuned for BB10. I also point out that it is in every consumers interest that there be lots of competition.

I do make it a point to call out anyone that parrots the "bankruptcy" line. "Please explain how a company with almost 3 Billion in cash and NO DEBT is going to get bankruptcy protection."
    01-10-13 04:49 PM
    The best form of evangelism will be showing people your new z10 when you get it. Show them FLOW. Show them the hub. Show them the keyboard. Show them active frames. Show them browser speed. Show them camera app. It seems every aspect of blackberry is great, it just needs to be SHOWN to people that have an old implanted idea of what a blackberry is.
    01-10-13 04:58 PM
    i have made 3 people i know switch to bb by telling them about bbm cause before that they had no idea what it was
    01-10-13 05:01 PM
    i have made 3 people i know switch to bb by telling them about bbm cause before that they had no idea what it was
    yikes
    01-10-13 05:02 PM
    The act of promoting a brand that you enjoy/like is tricky, If you want to have an effect it best you know something about the person you are engageing. Some are in need of being pushed and can never make up their own mind (easy to convert) Others may appreciate some of your views but they don't want to be just like you (use a slow and steady approch, ensure you don't over do it) Then you have the people that are quite capable of figuring it out on their own! Like me. The most successful method is just enjoying the product you use, other notice and take interest.
    01-10-13 05:42 PM
    To be perfectly honest most people can't believe I still have one! Most others keep trying to tell me that Blackberry is bankrupt. The perception of Rim and Blackberry is pretty grim and hopefully Rim has a marketing campaign that will knock the socks off of people.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    dee. likes this.
    01-10-13 06:23 PM
    I need the real deal in my hands first in order to convince anyone
    01-10-13 06:48 PM
    My brother has a 9800 BB torch and was thinking of switching to the Samsung Galaxy III. I have convinced him to wait until the BB10 comes out. After seeing some demos he is considering getting it. I have also convinced my Dad to get a BB10 when it comes out.
    01-10-13 07:38 PM
    Haha, at the Iphone story.

I mean no offence to Iphones, but some people who have them do tend to annoy the life out of you about them, this generally puts me off the phone when they do that, so I don't bang on to them about my phone or whatever, I just let the phone itself convince them hehe
    I simply lent my BlackBerry (9900) to my friends for few days. Configured their email etc on BlackBerry. Showed them some basic short cuts, auto-text etc. 3 days later he bought a BlackBerry! Let the device speak for itself!

The best form of evangelism will be showing people your new z10 when you get it. Show them FLOW. Show them the hub. Show them the keyboard. Show them active frames. Show them browser speed. Show them camera app. It seems every aspect of blackberry is great, it just needs to be SHOWN to people that have an old implanted idea of what a blackberry is.
    This.
    01-10-13 08:05 PM
    There is no need for any converting here in Indonesia.
    Almost everybody use BB.
    "In Indonesia, BB convert you!"
    01-10-13 09:11 PM
    Well sadly I have to report that my Sister In Law is no longer with BlackBerry, but went with an Iphone. Smh. Well come time for the BB10 to be in my hands, I'll show her what she will be missing. I'm the Only one in my family who uses a BlackBerry. My mom has a dinosaur phone, my dad and his wife have Samsung, My older half brothers' have Iphones and so do their wives.
    01-11-13 12:47 PM
    Haven't even tried in some time.

Nothing that RIM is or has been selling in the marketplace is competitive, I can not recommend them, yet.

Like most, I will wait and see for myself how good the new lineup is. RIM also needs to show it is still inovaiting after the release of BB10 and its success.

If it's good, my reommendtions will be favorable.

Here is to hoping.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    01-11-13 01:35 PM
    Well sadly I have to report that my Sister In Law is no longer with BlackBerry, but went with an Iphone. Smh. Well come time for the BB10 to be in my hands, I'll show her what she will be missing. I'm the Only one in my family who uses a BlackBerry. My mom has a dinosaur phone, my dad and his wife have Samsung, My older half brothers' have Iphones and so do their wives.
    Sounds like my household. My stepdad, my step brothers, step sister and sister have iphones. However my mom and I have BlackBerries. She's just into keyboards and finally upgraded her phone and back to a BB Curve 9360.
    01-12-13 12:00 AM
    so far ive got 2 blackberry users waiting for Bb10 before they upgrade to an iphone 5. Another 4s user convinced on buying the l series rather then the iphone 5. I just show my excitement for it in conversation, if somebodies interested ill show them a demo video.
    01-12-13 02:36 AM
    Sounds like my household. My stepdad, my step brothers, step sister and sister have iphones. However my mom and I have BlackBerries. She's just into keyboards and finally upgraded her phone and back to a BB Curve 9360.
    My mom seems to be blown away at how smartphones make your life easier. Whenever I tell her oh this app does this, or my phone can do this she's like "Wow that is So Cool!". I think to myself, "you Need a smartphone it's 2013 for crying out loud!" Lol. But, she has made it clear she doesn't need a smartphone because all she wants is a phone that makes calls, and texts. Uh a Smartphone does that and more. Smh. I still might give her my 9900 when I get the BB10 phone, but she might be a little intimidated by it's technology. Lol.
    01-12-13 05:03 PM
    Once BB10 Hits, you have your work cut out for you! Kidding but im sure you'll give them a go at it!
    01-12-13 05:28 PM
    I know someone who uses an Android device and finds frustration in the way its email management is set-up at one moment and is lost in a quirk the moment. What I do right as the person comes to ask for my help or complain is drop a line reiterating my reason to be BlackBerry by Choice. Seems like a slow but steady battle I am winning. I think I have convinced the person to test the BB10 devices once in-store before upgrading.
    01-12-13 10:02 PM
    I do it all the time, at work, in family, friends, at futureshop..facebook, twitter, linkdin..crackberry
    01-13-13 12:59 AM
    Maybe not so much "converting" as making all my friends WAIT until at least BB10 is out so they can judge for themselves!!!

Why can people not wait a few months?!? Argh!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    01-13-13 10:05 AM
    I work for one of the top 4 wireless carriers in the US, in a call center doing general device technical support. Every time I have someone call in with a problem with their BlackBerry device (which I can fix 99% of the time, lol) if they ask about new phones (usually Galaxy S3, iPhone) I'll always throw around teasers about BB10. "Just wait and see" is my favorite phrase, and most of the time, they've heard nothing about it, or maybe just a word or two and they go off looking for more. It's always fun and most seem genuinely enthused to have a fellow BlackBerry user and promoter on the line.
    01-13-13 10:09 AM
    Maybe not so much "converting" as making all my friends WAIT until at least BB10 is out so they can judge for themselves!!!

Why can people not wait a few months?!? Argh!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    That's a good question, we have zero patience these days. It drives me insane as well! Our "fast-food" society.
    01-13-13 10:10 AM
    I don't actually go out looking to convert people but my enthusiasm and excitement for BlackBerrys is obvious and affects people just the same. I have a few co-workers that have either switched to BBs or are now waiting for BB10. I also ran into a former co-worker that started apologizing profusely for having bought a phone that wasn't a BlackBerry, which I thought was funny. I don't think that BBs are right for everyone so I'm fine with people choosing different phones but I think that the best thing to do is be informed and then choose what works for you.
    01-13-13 10:35 AM
    You all realize that RIM did the smartest thing by blowing out Playbooks to help convert the masses to BB10.

1. It introduces us to the new BB10 swipe environment and lack of home button ecosystem.
    2. It created a new renewed anticipation for the faithful to spread the BB10 gospel.
    01-13-13 04:46 PM
54 123