I just ordered mine which is set to be shipped out on the 8th. I'm hoping the have upgrades already to work out some of the bugs. For every 1 positive review I've read, there have been 15 negative reviews. Did I make a mistake ordering the Storm ?
    11-29-08 12:22 PM
    Remember as a general rule of thumb that more people will bring up problems with something then say whats right about it. I have my Storm coming too and am looking on the bright side for now.

Good luck with your new phone.
    11-29-08 01:45 PM
    The storm is great just get used to it before you say yo dont like it. Change is good.
    11-29-08 01:47 PM
    I have the storm and haven't had any problems at all!! Now then again I didn't get my on the day they launched. I ordered mine and it about about 3 days ago. So maybe the first batch was bad. But No problems with mine. All my corners click. No loose screen or any of the other problems I have read. I was too worried when I ordered mine because all the bad reviews but I LOVE IT. Now it is a lil slow on the change from portrait to landscape but not bad. Not as fast as the iphone but ok.
    11-29-08 01:49 PM
    11-29-08 01:50 PM
    Thanks to those who have replied - makes me feel better ! I thought Verizon thoroughly tested their phones before launch - am hoping that this was a case of trying to get it out to the public since they had done all of that advertising about it !
    11-29-08 02:38 PM
    I have had my Storm for a few days and it is a killer device. I would recommend it to those looking for both form AND function.

Now if I could just get rid of the generic VZW red screen and V.
    11-29-08 02:48 PM
    I'm waiting for mine to arrive and I can't wait!

Let me be the judge of if I like it or not.

Scew the polls, I have to have mine before I can formulate an opinion.

Must HAVE...LOL

11-29-08 07:21 PM
    Nay. Don't even need to play with it. Touchscreen - 'nuff said.
    11-29-08 07:26 PM
    I think it looks great. The only negative thing that I could say about it is that it looks like items stay selected on menus even when your finger isn't touching the screen. I don't have one, but I think its just a matter of time before the storm envy sets in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 07:26 PM
    There are roughly 3,687 other threads dedicated to this topic. There seems to be only two extremes: hate it, and love it. All you can really do is use your when you receive it and decide for yourself if its for you. If it is, keep it and enjoy. If not, return it. You can't base any kind of decision on what's posted here.

11-29-08 07:31 PM
    The apparent division between people who have Storms still confuzzles me. It's either "Works GREAT! No issues what so ever!" -OR- it's "AARRrrgh! I want to send it BACK!"
    Doesn't seem to be much of a Grey area.

With that in mind, I went to check out the thing for myself earlier in the week.

All I have to say is this: if the demo models were anything NEAR a representation of what to expect in a brand new box, for right now, count me OUT.
    And you people with perfectly quick & reliable functioning models? All 12 of you, please return them immediately so we can disect their innards and see what makes them work so flawlessly.

Sort of kidding, but not really. My experience left me feeling "rushed to market" isn't even a proper analogy for the software... "Hurriedly shot out of a cannon, the cannon itself launched by a booster-rocket to market" hmm, maybe.
    Probably the single most unfinished-feeling mobile devices I've ever tested in store.

Everything said about the non-responsiveness with applications, the portrait/landscape laaaag, slow browsing - if at all, strange things popping in and out... All there. Across 5 models I tested in 2 stores?

Didn't leave me feeling cheery, for sure. Hey, if it works for you - Awesome. But I think I'll be holding off for awhile or even until the 8900's come out.
    Too bad, because I really wanted to like this BB.

Definately get out and try before you buy, if you're interested, would be my suggestion as well.

Maybe my area just had a bad batch. Is that even an excuse? Who knows...
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 11-29-08 at 07:58 PM.
    11-29-08 07:53 PM
    . You can't base any kind of decision on what's posted here.

Well said !!!

Trying to make a decision by reading all the positive / negative / bug posts will just send you scurrying for the nearest rock to crawl under cuz your brain is in mass overload trying to make sense of everything .

Nothing beats personal hands on and if you don't like it , you have a grace period in which to return it
    11-29-08 08:41 PM
    I just got to play with one tonight at the RIM Christmas Party here in Halifax. I did not like the keyboard... the whole screen clicks like its one giant button, but there is still no distinction between individual buttons. So when I tried to type a quick msg to test it out, my thumbs covered kind of two letters at once, and I couldn
    t type accurately at all! ANd I have small hands (female). I am used to having ridges to feel where one key ends and another begins on a hardware keyboard so I dont have to look so closely at where exactly I am placing my thumbs. On this, I felt like I needed very pointy pencil thin fingers to accurately land on letters, or I felt a stylus would have come in handy.

I will keep my 8330 for now and await the Javelin!
    11-29-08 11:02 PM
    +1 Javelin

11-29-08 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD