Interesting report from the Yankee Group "BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise" http://docs.media.bitpipe.com/io_11x...s%20Demise.pdf

I thought this article was very interesting, and well worth sharing (The report may not be extremely recent, but I couldn't find any references to it already existing on CrackBerry)

Summary:

You’ve heard the rumors: the future of BlackBerry is uncertain.

But is that really the full story? Many facts around the current position of BlackBerry in the market have been skewed to make for better headlines. What’s really happening behind the scenes may surprise you.

According to Yankee Group’s 2013 US Mobile and Connected Devices Survey (Sept, 2013), IT Decision Makers prefer BlackBerry over Windows Phone almost 3 to 1. The study’s author (Carl Howe, VP, Research & Data Sciences) states, “The grave has been dug, the flowers have been sent and the casket is ready.

There’s only one problem: BlackBerry isn’t dying, despite the doomsayers who insist it is.”
    Yankee Group shows that BlackBerry 10 device sales have been better than expected and points out the strong status of BlackBerry’s cash on hand, the advantages of BlackBerry’s Cost Optimization and Resource Efficiency (CORE) program, recent customer wins and unique security advantages.

MODs: If I've posted this in the wrong forum, please move it. Thanks, A
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    03-12-14 07:48 AM
    “The grave has been dug, the flowers have been sent and the casket is ready.

There’s only one problem: BlackBerry isn’t dying, despite the doomsayers who insist it is.”
    That just about sums it up. Thanks for sharing
    03-12-14 07:54 AM
    YG? Unsurprising, really...
    03-12-14 07:59 AM
    Yankee Group shows that BlackBerry 10 device sales have been better than expected and points out the strong status of BlackBerry’s cash on hand, the advantages of BlackBerry’s Cost Optimization and Resource Efficiency (CORE) program, recent customer wins and unique security advantages.
    Those expectations must have been from analysts, since the inventory issues with the Z10 suggest BBRY expected to sell a lot more than it did.
    03-12-14 08:20 AM
    Those expectations must have been from analysts, since the inventory issues with the Z10 suggest BBRY expected to sell a lot more than it did.
    That extra Z10 inventory might be looked at as an investment in the future once we see how many of them were seeding into the enterprise marketplace at a discount.
    03-12-14 08:38 AM
    ...reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated
    03-12-14 09:09 AM
    ...reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated
    just like the famous "too little too late" heading that has been used for the past 4+ years!
    03-12-14 09:35 AM
    Op it's dated sept 2013, is that a typo?
    Not sure, I only got sent it (free) this morning, and I know nothing about Yankee Group - I did wonder if it was 6 months old, hence the research being free (as you usually have to pay a fee to get the most immediate research from one of these types of companies....)
    03-12-14 11:37 AM
    Thanks for sharing the article these prophets of doom are not real journalists they are just facebook leftovers.
    03-12-14 11:40 AM