I am planning to get an 8130 on verizon...My question is how well does yahoo mail work on the BB...I see alot of people using gmail but not much about yahoo...that either means not many users or it works flawlessly and no one has quetions...

can anyone let me know if there are any issues with it

thx in advance

clb239
    01-31-08 11:02 AM
    Yahoo mail actually work much better than the gmail.

Yahoo has better push mail ( almost instantaneously compare to 15-30 mins for Gmail), and also 2 way sync.
    When you read your mail in your BB or pc, it will automatically change the status of the email on the other side.

Gmail does not have this yet.
    Last edited by Optimus_Prime; 01-31-08 at 11:16 AM.
    01-31-08 11:14 AM
    yes, simply put in your email address and password into your BIS screen andf you can get both yahoo and gmail just fine on your BB.
    01-31-08 11:14 AM
    i use yahoo on mine, i have 8130 thru sprint, and i have 3 yahoo mail accounts that i use and i have not had any problems, i don't have gmail so don't know about that. hope that helps
    01-31-08 11:15 AM
    I used Yahoo Go for my Yahoo account, but then I don't use it that much. Good luck and come back if you have any questions!
    01-31-08 11:22 AM
    Is there an application for yahoo mail where I can view my yahoo contacts?
    01-31-08 11:43 AM
    I have 2 Yahoo and 1 Gmail account. They both are about the same. I've heard from people in this forum that Gmail is the fastest, but I get Yahoo e-mails much faster than Gmail. Just think of a very original e-mail name and do both! That way you don't lose!

As far as contacts being transferred to Yahoo or to your phone from Yahoo, their is a thing called Yahoo snyc, but I don't really like it. It doubled up all my contacts on my BB. Guess it's nice to have a second place for them to be stored in case my laptop gets wiped out or stolen or something.
    01-31-08 11:51 AM
    Is there an application for yahoo mail where I can view my yahoo contacts?
    Yahoo Go will do this
    01-31-08 12:07 PM
    I will add that Yahoo is pushed much quicker than Gmail. Yahoo also has its little symbol on the envelope unlike the others

I also have Yahoo! Go 3 which gives you much more than just your email!
    01-31-08 12:21 PM
    Yahoo mail actually work much better than the gmail.

Yahoo has better push mail ( almost instantaneously compare to 15-30 mins for Gmail), and also 2 way sync.
    When you read your mail in your BB or pc, it will automatically change the status of the email on the other side.

Gmail does not have this yet.
    The GMail App does this quite well.

I actually have a Yahoo account and Gmail account. I use the Gmail app and Yahoo is pushed to my BB (although I don't use it that much).

I didn't like the Yahoo Go app. Too much memory.
    01-31-08 01:45 PM
    I will add that Yahoo is pushed much quicker than Gmail. Yahoo also has its little symbol on the envelope unlike the others

I also have Yahoo! Go 3 which gives you much more than just your email!
    Yahoo! Go 3????

I'm still on version 2! time to look for an upgrade!

thanks jazzee!
    01-31-08 01:45 PM
    The GMail App does this quite well.

I actually have a Yahoo account and Gmail account. I use the Gmail app and Yahoo is pushed to my BB (although I don't use it that much).

I didn't like the Yahoo Go app. Too much memory.

I agree with you on Yahoo Go3, used up a lot of memory.

the 2 way sync does not work for Gmail ( or I don't know how to activate it )
    It only pushed the email.

Could anyone tell me if Gmail has this ability yet?
    02-04-08 12:46 AM
    02-04-08 12:50 AM
    I use both and Gmail work better for me...

Gmail is pushed instantly and my Yahoo checks mail every 5-10 min. Also I couldn't setup regular Y! account I need to get one with POP3 support...
    02-04-08 01:43 AM
    I have one Gmail and 3 yahoo accounts and would have to agree with the rest that yahoo is much better than gmail. But that is not a suprise since since their parent company is ATT, the largest BB carrier, from what I hear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-08 01:43 AM
    But that is not a suprise since since their parent company is ATT, the largest BB carrier, from what I hear.
    I think this is reason. My provider is T-mobile Croatia and they don't support Y! unless you have Y! account with POP3...
    02-04-08 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD